Sites and Sound from OTA's (May) What stands out to you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I could see him having a big game no doubt. The thing with Darnold was always distraction/desire. When he was focused and wanted it, he was good

Hes gonna wanna kick the Jets asses so unfortunately we won't get the "bad" Darnold.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

No. NC. Don't accept that bet without a disclaimer (this guy is trying to hustle guys like you).

Sam could throw 2 TDs + 3 Pick-6's and technically he'd win the bet; due to 5 TDs.

TDs for the other team must be agreed upon, doesn't count.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

But when was Sam ever focused or any good?

2018: 31st in QB Rating (77.6).
    2019: 27th in QB Rating (84.3).
    2020: 35th in QB Rating (72.7).

Guys like Kliff Kingsbury, Greg McElroy, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow, Mark Brunell, Quincy Carter, Brad Smith, Jamison Crowder and TOM TUPA all had higher QB Ratings than Sam Darnold did

In all seriousness he went 13-25 overall (.342%) so if he ever did look any good? It was because the opposing Defense must've not been focused.

He stinks!

I never even wanted Sam Darnold. I created a thread before the 2017 NCAA season while expressing my awe and love for Saquon Barkley. I was TRICKED into liking Sam Darnold because heading into Penn State/USC's Rose bowl game I entered a Saquon Barkley fan (he destroyed it) but left a Sam Darnold fan; Sam was hyped up and drafted so highly because of ONE GAME (I promised myself as a fan to never fall for one bowl game, ever again).

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I wasn't really going to bet with him. I'm not a gambling man.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Neither do I, but who cares? You can still go to YouTube and post videos.

Please @matt robinson 17 make the Countdown thread. TGG off-season doesn't feel the same without it.

And a different twist. Videos instead of pictures?!?

Sign me up.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I've talked about Sam enough for a lifetime but I couldn't help myself here. When was he ever consistently "good"?

Sam's 5 best games by yardage:

He threw for 300 yards less than 5 times in 38 games. That doesn't mean his problem was focus, it means his problem was that he's a bad QB. Every QB in the league occasionally has a good game. That's about all we can say of Sam.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well I do hope you are right. It would be crushing if the Jets traded away a good young QB for peanuts.

In my post I didnt say anything about consistency by the way, in fact that was kinda my point, he was inconsistent but when he was focused he was good. Against the team that cast him aside, he will be focused

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

He couldn't be focused against N.E our biggest division rival but yet he'll be focused against his former team?

And if anything having to play against his former team will become way too much pressure for him to handle without mentally falling apart, and we all know what happens to Sam when he feels any type of pressure; he tosses INTs.

On a side note why are we talking Sam Darnold (myself included) because this was once an awesome thread and we're ruining it with Carolina Panthers talk; can we please get back to OTA's?

REVISion likes this.
  9. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

As long as Wilson throws for 6 were good lol... In other words as long as we win, Sam can pad his stats.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sam obviously had a terrible high school HC who held him back ;)

NYGANGGREEN, K'OB, Lon Chaney and 2 others like this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He just needed a guy like Brady to show him how it's done.

12. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

I have been betting accordingly since the market opened and plan to continue to do so right up until either game day or the Jets price collapses

major33 likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think these might be pics of the bomb to Moore. It looks like a great throw, great catch and nice coverage by Hall.

major33, REVISion, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. What stood out for me was this assessment:

"Wilson showcases a special release, special feet, and a special way he goes about decision-making at the position. Everything is fast. Everything is naturally quick.

Instead of thinking, Wilson’s reacting. Instead of pondering and/or lamenting over a recent play, he’s attacking."

This is the quality that made me think of Mahomes when I watched Wilson play: that ability to quickly read and assess what was happening, and then figure out how to take advantage of it. You can't teach that. Again, I'm not saying that Wilson will be as good as (or better than) Mahomes, but he has the potential to be at that level.

Noam, K'OB, major33 and 3 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

BTW: Did Zach change his number to #2?

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes! He's our future Captain looking to make #2 NYC great again!

17. ColoradoContrails

I'm now curious if he was thinking "Jeter" when he made that decision. In any case, it bodes well (freely acknowledging that there is no rational justification for this belief, other than the long tradition of the belief in 'lucky' numbers. :)).

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

N.E has Jones wearing #50 as a humbling Rookie hazing experience

20. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Oh my, you're like a carbon copy of me. lol I was about to make a similar post about the ultimate shittiness of Sam, but you just saved me the trouble. Thank you! Sam sucks.

However, I'm glad I read your entire post because I did not watch that ONE GAME. I was done with Sam after his junior season. I put him slightly above Rosen and in the category of do not draft.

I too was enamored with Saquon Barkley. Huge fan of his, but it was a given he was going to the Giants since they telegraphed that from day 1. My choice was Baker Mayfield since I fell in love with his laser beam passes in between defenders. Overcame a lot to become the starter and thought he would be a very good Pro QB. Unfortunately, he went to that system in Cleveland which is the opposite of what he was in college.

Would have gambled on Josh Allen before Darnold, and I didn't watch any of Allen's games in college. Only knew of his rocket arm and height.

Sam sucks.

Zach Wilson is looking good and going to be so much fun to watch. Sam gets to watch his debut. haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.