NYJ Today - LIVE Podcast Ep. 21 - (Film Breakdowns from James Wighaus of Jets X-Factor)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jun 5, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

As the title states, we will be having a 4 man podcast this week with special guest James Wighaus from JetsXFactor.com!

Hope to talk to you Wednesday night TGG

Topic 1- Voicemails/Call-in/Comments

Call and leave a voicemail and we will play them on the live show (347) 921-1468
    Leave your name, location and Jets take/question!

Topic 2- Mehki Becton's Foot Injury

We talked about being concerned with this very issue just last week! To be clear, we all LOVE Becton's upside. He truly has HOF talent, but the injuries are extremely concerning. Will he be able to shake these injuries? Is there something he needs to do in order to prevent them?

Topic 3- Which Current Jets Would you Draft to Keep for the Next 5+ Seasons?

We will conduct a 10 player draft of the current New York Jets roster and explain our rationales for the players we selected. These are players that we see as foundational players to the franchise moving forward!

Topic 4- DT Quinnen Williams Film Breakdown

This week, we will host James Wighaus from Jets X-Factor and he will breakdown film for Quinnen Williams! What are Quinnen's strengths heading into year 3? What are his weaknesses? What does the film show? Does he have a wide-range of pass rush moves? Will he take the next step into elite statues in 2021? Do his injuries cause alarm?

Topic 5- LG Alijah Vera-Tucker Film Breakdown

This week, we will host James Wighaus from Jets X-Factor and he will breakdown film for Alijah Vera-Tucker AKA AVT! Joe Douglas and the New York Jets clearly coveted the versatile OLineman out of USC so much that they were compelled to trade up from 23 to 14 in the 1st round. What kind of offensive lineman are the New York Jets getting out of AVT? What are his strengths? What are his weaknesses? Assuming Mehki Becton is healthy, what do we think the potential is for Mehki and AVT lining up next to each other on the left side?

Topic 6- Free Agent OT Morgan Moses

The New York Jets brought Morgan into the facility to work him out as they are reportedly VERY interested in him. What are your thoughts on adding Morgan Moses to this offensive line? Where would he play? RG or RT? What type of upgrade would he be to George Fant? Assuming the Oline can stay relatively healthy, does this solidify the line for the 2021 season?

2. PennyandtheJets

Last chance on sending in some mailbag questions/takes for the show and/or for James Wighaus (Jets X-Factor)

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

3 - I'm assuming that the players have to be younger players that the Jets themselves have drafted. If not, I'd add C. Davis, Lawson, JFM and several others to the following group. Wilson, Moore, Mims, Becton, AVT, Michael Carter, Q. Williams, Maye, M. Carter II, and Fatukasi. Honorable mention: Bryce Hall, J. Sherwood, H. Nasirildeen, Jonathan Marshall, A. Davis, B. Mann

5 - I think we're getting a potential All Pro LG and if both can stay healthy, the sky's the limit for the left side of our OL.

6 - I'd definitely sign Moses, and he would start at RT. I'd give Fant a shot at RG. If he couldn't handle it, I'd keep him as the swing OT and get rid of Edoga and McDermott.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  4. PennyandtheJets

Thanks for sending these in Craig!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. PennyandtheJets

We will be live tonight (June, 9th) at 8pm EST.

Not too late to leave a voicemail...
    347-921-1468

OR

a Mailbag question/take...
    Leave them below!

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Can Moses lead us to the promised land?

7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

you forget Topic 7 again @PennyandtheJets ......:(

@K'OB @NCJetsfan and for anyone else who missed it....Topic 7 -Who was the greatest NFL team in history? The answer is obvious, but tune in to hear PatLeahy break it down for you as only he can. Special guest-Dan Hampton. :););)

8. patleahy

@PennyandtheJets just left you a voicemail, Penny. Just FYI. I'll be watching the show tonight. ;):):)

9. PennyandtheJets

I got your voicemail! Thanks dude.

patleahy likes this.
  10. patleahy

ur welcome penny! I can't wait to hear it played! and u had better not cut off the 2nd point!! haha! ;)

11. PennyandtheJets

The NYJ Today Podcast is LIVE!

Live Film Breakdown of DT Quinnen Williams AND OL Alijah Vera-Tucker presented to you by James Wighaus from Jets X-Factor!

Watch Ep. 21:

12. patleahy

another great show tonight Penny! Loved James and his analysis! One suggestion...I think u should include a weekly segment called "The 85 Bears"...I can appear for 10-15 minutes to discuss the 85 Bears before you return to regular Jets programming. What do u think?

13. PennyandtheJets

I'll ask Chad and if he is good with it, we will fit it in lmao

patleahy likes this.
  14. patleahy

thanks Penny I appreciate it! ;)

15. PennyandtheJets

Thank you to all of our live viewers tonight! It was awesome to see so many TGGers checking us out. Really appreciate the support guys! Hope you all enjoy the content.

Watch: