Sites and Sound from OTA's (May) What stands out to you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Regarding Becton, I am a physical therapist, that was part of my job while I was in the military for 20 years. I also suffered from it for years, I tried arch supports, heel cups, meds etc...I developed mine due to 9 ankle surgeries on the left ankle. The structure of my foot changed over time. I had several cortisone injections, PRP Injections (those suck ass), but ultimately needed surgery to correct it. I can honestly say that surgery was the one thing that fixed it for me.

Also, it correlate's directly to foot type (most minority people have flat feet), weight, activity levels, shoe types, etc.... This can and has the possibility of last long-term, it did with me and countless other's i treated in my 25+ years as a therapist.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What has that got to do with my reply?

You stated "What I was addressing was the apparent hypocrisy in saying one player deserved a chance to show what he could do without the anchor of Gase chained to his neck and another should not."

Sam already has had the chance to show what he could do without the anchor of Gase, he played under Bowles and showed that he had some marginal promise, 2 further seasons on he still only showed some marginal promise.

So reiterating stuff about the Gase era, is in this case, is rather pointless.

Get over it, he is a Panther now

#163 K'OB, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Outstanding. Great to hear. Thank you for posting this Falco. Moore will be a stud for us and probably become Wilson’s best friend on the field.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

that's strange, because Cimini has been reporting Zach Wilson's OTA stats as: 50/108 (48 % completion) 3 TDS (2 lucky deflections) 10 INTS

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Trevor Lawrence sitting out of practice with hamstring issues.

9. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Legler told me that Fields has gone 100-100 (completion 100%, 30 TDS/0 INTS) so far at Bears OTA....but I don't know if I believe him....:(:(:(

jonnyd likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Absolutely loved and raved about Lawrence coming out but it would be downright awesome to see Zach Wilson have a much better 2021 Rookie season (and beyond).

Hopefully Trevor Lawrence becomes Jacksonville's Ken O'Brien/Sam Darnold while Zach Wilson becomes our Dan Marino/Josh Allen.

I'm so pumped up OTAs or not I don't remember the likes of Pennington/Sanchez/Darnold lighting it up like this and looking this GOOD as only Rookies in OTA...

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"See above" referred to my post directly above that one which stated " Once the case is made that considers the Gase era a reason to reevaluate players under a new regime it is hypocritical to not apply it to all such players. That, of course, would not be the only criterion but one would need to make the case that the Gase experiment did not significantly contribute to an individual's failure."

This is not specifically about Gase but about young players being provided with the best coaching and support possible to thrive in the NFL. I'm sure even Todd Bowles would tell you that he is neither equipped nor experienced enough to mentor a quarterback. As it turns out, neither was the guy he delegated that responsibility to or the guys who replaced them.

I am not aware of anyone who worked for the NY Jets in a QB coach or Offensive Coordinator position from 2018 to 2020 who is currently working anywhere in the NFL, possibly not even in the NCAA. Doesn't that say something about the support given to Jets quarterbacks during that period?

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really believe that Jets fans are simply freaking out and overreacting in regards to Mekhi Becton's health concerns.

A.) He played three years @ Louisville without ever missing a single game due to injury. Heck. He never ever committed a single penalty throughout his 3 year Louisville career.

B.) As a Rookie he lined up and started 14 games (left two games early) so therefore Mekhi Becton played a full 12 games last year.

C.) He was absolutely dominant last year and looked like the most dominant Jets player I've ever witnessed since dating back to #24.

D.) @ 6'7/360 lbs+ he was still able to run one of the fastest NFL 40's ever recorded for an Offensive Lineman (kid is an athletically gifted freak of nature).

E.) It's only the offseason of OTA's and we'll see Mekhi Becton ready to get after it come Training Camp and Preseason (something he didn't have as a rookie last year).

F.) If you've ever even had the slightest THOUGHT of trading away or quitting on Mekhi Becton; you're absolutely nuts.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cimini is a moron

patleahy likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

@matt robinson 17

Where is your 100 day season countdown thread you always make during the offseason?!?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. matt robinson 17

Don’t know how to post pictures from my phone

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

A nice Sabo article from yesterday's practice.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/06/09/...-decisive-zach-wilson-explosive-elijah-moore/

#176 Noam, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  17. matt robinson 17

Noam likes this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have not seen it anywhere either. All I see are two passes over the middle to Berrios.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

Yeah I saw those

Noam likes this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.