Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know, one of my up there Jets pictures. Woody Johnson (before he became even cheaper a/k/a Woody The Cheapskate), we got posters of Cotchery (not that shot). Woody Johnson is also half-assed retarded. I don't belong to social media, I never will; but I heard that he posted a video on Twatsergram of Geno Smith throwing a TD after Zach Wilson was drafted. Maybe it was the week before, but haha. Continue to stay in the background, you dullard.

#81 jetophile, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Noam likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

ah ok...well that’s good then I hope...

thanks!

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

That was an awful signing lol he was terribly overpaid. Didnt do squat other than that first year.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cotchery was excellent at positioning himself so that he was the only one who had a shot at the ball. Sideline tippy-toe catches were one of his specialties and Chad would put the ball where nobody but Cotch could catch it and then Cotch would do that.

blackssmagic and jetophile like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Jetophile is all about the anti-social media...

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I like him too but 10 mil salary for a guy who will be the WR3 to start the year and has a solid half price guy in cole and a high pick cheap rookie with tons of potential right behind him, it doesn't make sense for us to pay him so much and on the open market I doubt he sees more then we gave cole at this point. juju only got 8.5 mil for 1 year and crowder won't get more then that. jets can cut his salary down to 5-6ish or we can release him and save 10 mil. It sucks but it's the sad business part of the NFL and we've all of a sudden have become stacked at WR

patleahy likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You all were PO'd JD didn't pony up $12M for Robbie. But now $10M is 'too steep' for a WR twice as valuable??? Maybe even 3 times as valuable to a rookie QB who's thrown exactly zero NFL passes and the entire fan base is hanging their hopes and dreams on???

8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

9. NYsportsfan1962

Jets really need to look hard again at Morgan Moses. He's a quality OT and with Becton hurt again with what could be a lingering injury we really need a quality backup at tackle to keep Wilson standing in the pocket. At the very least if Becton is fine he can compete with Fant who might be better in the scheme that Lefleur is running but still mediocre at best. I know the Bears are courting him hard as of yesterday.

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

robby is way more valuable and better then crowder. and also at the time we lacked depth. I complained he signed a bum in perriman to save only 4 mil. Robby put up more numbers then crowder and perriman combined last year. If we had robby we wouldn't have to had signed davis he would have started outside with mims and without crowder we'd still have moore and cole and it would all be cheaper.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The bolded isn't exactly an argument for why we should have kept Robby. We run an outside zone scheme and Robby is made of toothpicks. You need your outside WRs to block in this offense and Davis is one of the best blocking WRs in the league. He's also a better receiver.

NCJetsfan and blackssmagic like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

i wouldn't say he's better. they are different types of WRs but davis is similar to mims where robby brings another dimension to the offense that we still don't have. Robby compliments mims, crowder, moore, cole better then davis does. plus by all means and stats robby is better then davis as well as a receiver.

13. BroadwayAaron

I think Davis is more versatile and hands down the better fit in this offense. I don't really care too much about the numbers because they were both in completely different situations. I honestly don't even think Davis is going to put up huge numbers here because he won't need to in this offense with the pieces we have. Robby has a role in this league... it's not on a team that needs its WRs to be very good blockers.

blackssmagic likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

teams need to take the top off a defense too. thats why Gb drafted MVS and the niners have been trying to find that guy for a while now.

15. BroadwayAaron

Moore, Mims, Cole can all burn you on a straight line. Pretty handily too. I'm not worried about a deep threat whatsoever especially if we're keeping Crowder. That'll push Moore outside sometimes.

16. GasedAndConfused

cole cannot, mims cannot. maybe you should watch them again? mims getting seperation has always been an issue for him, but he's a great CIT guy. cole is a shifty inside guy like crowder. not a burner. Moore we don't know yet. 40 times were inflated this year and we'll have to see his actual football speed against NFL CBs before we can say that. Robby is a proven burner who just runs by people with ease and demans extra attention over the top. none of our WRs will command that to start the year and we'll have to see if moore can

17. BroadwayAaron

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/03/19/analyzing-new-york-jets-wr-keelan-coles-strengths-and-weaknesses/

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/29096031

blackssmagic, NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah Mims has the deep speed and physicality to be great. His issue was a limited route tree and if he could develop that.

blackssmagic likes this.
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

His speed is fine. You act like he’s Kelvin Benjamin. He definitely has enough speed to beat corners.

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.