80+ Players Showed Up to Voluntary Workouts Today!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 17, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Culture is changing!

80!
    Eighty!

Voluntary... Wow!

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn't be happier. When players believe and respect the talent of the coaching staff it makes all the difference in the world. Can not wait to see the enthusiasm and energy this year, both on the field and on the sidelines. Yep, culture is already changing before day one of training camp proper. I'm convinced if we give him a chance, Saleh will be the best Jets HC since Parcells.

AJW, barfolomew, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Cimini:. Players felt pressured to show up because of new coaching staff. Not good for team morale.

Or something stupid like that I'm sure.

4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

lol you beat me to it, Lon Chaney...;)

Lon Chaney and barfolomew like this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Ah, just shows we have a roster full of brown-nosers....

Of course I'm kidding! Actually, how does 80 compare? It's not a stat I've ever followed before.

barfolomew, HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Like I said after one of his interviews, he laid a huge hint down about 'voluntary' I see it didn't go unnoticed by the players and or their agents lol

barfolomew, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@MaximusD163 can confirm but roster size is 90 or something. Looks like almost everyone on the roster joined.

AJW, LAJet, barfolomew and 1 other person like this.
  8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I wonder which scrubs didn't show up and if they are thinking it maybe a good idea to get there. That's a big part of the roster with on about 10-15 not showing.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're right that Cimini would say something like that, but in this instance, he would probably be correct. Based on Saleh's comments, I think any player that doesn't show up for the voluntary workouts will already have a black mark beside his name, at least mentally with Saleh. He wants it to be fun, but he also expects players to be there, work hard, and get better every day. He may not be able to fine them for not being there, and may not have a "dog house" like the Tuna, but he can put them at the bottom of the depth chart and make them have to work their ass off to move up. With marginal players, he can cut them. There's probably not much he can do to the starters outside of not wanting to re-sign them when their contracts are up or perhaps seeking to get them traded. I believe that JD and he are in lock step on this. They want players that want to be here, that love practicing and being with their teammates, and want to be the best they can be.

Personally, I'm glad that he's this way.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Steve Serby in the house! 'Jets Players Feel Demoralized For Chance to Make Impact in the Pros, Possible Mutiny Over Looming Record Improvement'. 'Lockeroom Already Lost: We Are No Longer Laughingstocks, Rudderless in the Face of Hope and Direction'.

#10 jetophile, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My guess is that those aren't there are probably veterans who feel their starting job is safe. I'll bet every rookie, borderline, and bottom of the roster-type player are there and busting their ass.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't know how Saleh will turn out, but it's nice to have a coach who gives us hope again.

AJW, themorey, tpjets62 and 5 others like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's such a foreign feeling. I was always kind of rah-rah through cautious and often delusional realism. 'Delusional realism', heh. When it came out that Rex Ryan had dyslexia (which has less than zero to do with intelligence), I was all X's and O's still look like X's and O's, so there's a chance here, am I right?

TwoHeadedMonster and Brook! like this.
  14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This sounds great, but we need some context to actually know. What have they been in years past for the Jets? What's normal throughout the league and with new coaching staffs?

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Could this be related to the Broncos player who tore his achilles outside of the facility and got cut? I'd be terrified of working out away from the facility if I was a player.

AJW, themorey, major33 and 2 others like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Also, there will be some injuries like Q for example :)

Then again he may be in with his crutch, 'Yo Boss, I'm Good to go' :D

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It sounds like we had one of the better turnouts. Broncos had more but they also are probably scared straight at this point based off the James and Hamilton disaster.

Oh, and fuck you players' union!

tpjets62 likes this.
  18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Players know there is competition for playing spots on this roster & they all want to make the best impression on the CS. Only 100% effort will impress the CS. That's something that was missing with Gase. Saleh is Gase's polar opposite and the players respect him & will give him everything the have. Start of a new Culture.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What's the word on Mosely?

Good to see the players showing up. It's only to their own benefit to do as much on-field football activity as possible. Forget for the team even - for their own personal gain.

There is no personal workout you can do with a highly paid trainer that emulates on-field cutting and such against your teammates or even basic pad blocking drills. It's just not the same intensity or environment.

J-Raw24 and Lon Chaney like this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think this new regime would screw a player like Denver did. I think JD, RS, & Woody would have more class than that. Plus it sends a message to our players & other players around the league that this organization has their players back. Who would want to sign with Denver after this incident.?

#20 BudJet, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    tpjets62 and NCJetsfan like this.