So who were the draft winners this year?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by James Hasty, May 1, 2021.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

-The one where the D won the championship.
    -Not the one the year before where the D choked in the 4th..
    but def the 13-10 the year before that.
    -Not the one before that where a different D choked in the 4th
    -But definitely the year before that where Cam was running in fear.
    -And the one before that where 2 strong Ds faced off and the game was won by an int with no time left
    -And the one before that where the powerful Peyton looked pedestrian against that Seattle D
    -And the one before that when the Ravens won with their D despite having a medic to QB
    -And the one before that when the Giants terrorized Brady....

So to count up the tally that’s 8 out of 10 where the D won the Championship and 2 out of 10 where the D could’ve won but choked.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There was one top QB prospect in this class and he went on pick #1 (of course). The Broncos were just fine passing the rest of the chaff for a topflight CB prospect.

James Hasty likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yet they still don't have a quality starting QB. I love Teddy, but he's only a game manager. Lock is a JAG at best. Adding all this talent and not a QB, is going to make it harder on them to get a topnotch QB. They'll probably be just good enough to finish around .500, and it will cost them the bloody ranch to be able to trade up and get a QB, unless they get lucky and one falls to them.

4. NCJetsfan

GB isn't gonna trade Rodgers. If they do, they're morons. They should fire their dumbass GM, Gutekunst.

5. NCJetsfan

No, not even close. He is slow and flawed. Horn was rated above him by many, and even he is slower and more flawed than most teams like.

6. KingRoach

I bought 4 PSLs with IMO great seats for cheap pre covid

I can say with 100% certainty... I’m the big winner in this years draft. Defense wins championships but offense sells tickets.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Horn was drafted first but I think Surtain and Farley will be better pros.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Was that the one KC lost due to having no OL left healthy?

9. Br4d

In addition to which KC is going to have to draft very well to replace the players they have to let go when Mahomes contract balloons over the next couple of years.

Lost to the clutter of injuries last year was the fact that the cap-friendly years of his contract are over after 2021. The cap-shredding years start in 2022.

10. K'OB

So is there any point to having a great FQB after his rookie contract expires?

11. KingRoach

Yes, I am 100% for giving Tod Bowls no credit.

I am 100% for completely ignoring history and facts.

Bleep bloop blorp. I will believe whatever I want. A bad O-line and a good D cannot exist in the same game. I did not make $3k on the game by teasing the line to 14 and taking the obvious (to me) choice. Resistance is futile.

12. KingRoach

The NBA GOAT is MJ
    The NFL GOAT is TB12

Neither took max contracts. Both wanted to win more than get paid. MJ more than made up for it in endorsements. TB married well. Wall ST. Wilson is the nephew of a Billionaire, I hope he wants to win to the point where $30mm/yr is enough

13. Br4d

From the standpoint of winning a Super Bowl probably not.

From the standpoint of marketing a fair amount since you can point at your SB winning QB and say we can win it all this year - even though it rarely happens.

If you didn't win a SB with the guy on his first contract you maybe have a year or two at the outside on the second contract, those being the years that are cap manageable.

K'OB likes this.
  14. K'OB

Well, this just leads me to believe that QB's are stupidly overpaid and are just in for the cash, which is stating the obvious tbh but how rich do you want to be? I'd rather have a touch of both myself, I know we hate him but Brady can't have priced himself out of the cheats or the fact they cheated with out-of-sight payments and got away with it all those years.

It will be great earning all that dough while running for your life because the team can't provide an OL due to cap shortages.

Or the NFL have to have a separate cap for QB's away from the rest but that will no doubt just cause ill-feeling throughout the I want to be paid the most brigade members of the squad.

Br4d likes this.
  15. K'OB

Can you not talk to people like a normal human being, instead of all this snarky shit you seem fond of replying with?

16. K'OB

Well, this is at least a more conversational reply.

I just used Brady as an example but know nothing of Baseball, Basketball, or indeed Ice hockey tbh

Like I just said, how rich do you need to be in life, 100m is surely enough to see you and everybody you love through to the end of their lives and that is living a top-level life.

17. KingRoach

I can when appropriate.

Your comment was unnecessarily disagreeable.

No shit the OL was decimated but it doesn’t change the fact that Tampa had a top 6 D for the season and the D won the game... just like the tried and true saying goes.

For you to imply the OL lost the game instead of the D winning the game IMO deserved a snarky comment.

Just like when some other douche (meant dude, damn auto correct) says “Mosley has never been all pro” then follows it up with “Well 2nd team all pro doesn’t count”.

18. KingRoach

As I mention in the other post, my replies are always appropriate for the specific convo.

I read or saw something once laying out the differences btw making 100k/yr, 1mm, 10mm 100mm, 1b.

Something like 100k you can travel, 1mm you ride first class, 10mm you share a private jet, 100mm you own a private jet, 1b you own a jumbo jet.

It’s the same life, just different levels of opulence.

Since Zach comes from money, hopefully he doesn’t feel the need to squeeze every penny he can from the team and allow them to keep him surrounded by talent.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. K'OB

I'm of the opinion that all things matter to cause a win or a defeat, depending on how you look at that, nowhere did I say the Buccs D didn't contribute.

What I got from you was a shit Betty Boop impersonation and a small brag about how great you are at betting, congrats.

20. KingRoach

I’m horrible at betting. I’m great at seeing a pattern. If I was great at betting, i wouldn’t have dropped a G on stupid bets like the color of the Gatorade.

The flow of the convo went:

Someone claimed “defense wins championships was outdated and not true”

I pointed out the D was won 8 of the last to Super Bowls including the most recent.

You then minimized the D by pointing out the decimated o-line.

The gambling reference was to point out Bc I recognize D wins championships, a decimated o-line inspired me to bet on a blowout.

My shitty gambling caused me to bet on trash bets instead of going all in an my lock.

I hope this clears up my intentions and why I’m quick to snap when it looks like someone tries to change the narrative