Do you mind sharing a stadium with the Giants?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, May 6, 2021.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I live nearby, and we lovingly call it the Big Air Conditioner.

papapump, Brook! and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

If I had a preference, they’d have their own. But I don’t even live close enough to enjoy it so to me it doesn’t matter much.

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I truly hate sharing a stadium with the Giants. We should have stayed in NY. Unfortunately the only real “NY” team is the Bills. Damn it!

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Buffalo is actually part of ohio

papapump and Noam like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It does sort of look like the elongated style of toilet bowls.

papapump likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sharing a stadium is one thing, but sharing it with your rivals is pathetic. How can fans believe the owners are "all in" on doing everything to make their team #1 when they decide to make the team #2 with their choice of playing field? It's embarrassing. [​IMG]

AJW likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Wasnt Bloomberg..... and also not a coincidence the NFL immediately moved the draft from MSG to Radio City Music Hall rt after the stadium was officially squashed ;)

Noam and Poeman like this.
  8. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Who plays here?
    Technically you are right. The Giants played at Shea for a year too if I am not mistaken.

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd like for us to have our own stadium but as others have pointed out, the bigger issue is that the stadium we have is

a) total dog shit
    b) not even in NY

Can anyone honestly say the new stadium is better than the old one? Give me the back the spirals any day over the monstrosity that is Met Life stadium. Give me back the old parking fields. The new upper deck begins at the height where the old upper deck ended. Not only does it put you that much farther away from the field, but its colder and windier. All together the new stadium is a giant turd - the fans deserve better.

papapump and AJW like this.
  10. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

great topic, AJW. I enjoy reading "meta-topics" like this, and hearing everyone's opinion on stuff like this, esp at this time of year before the season starts up again. :);)

AJW likes this.
  11. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I just have felt this way since 1984. Never wanted to share another stadium with another team. At least at Shea we had an identity.

papapump and patleahy like this.
  12. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

13. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Shea Stadium was the best atmosphere for a football game. It was cold, windy, muddy & sometimes rainy. The fans were drunk and stoned out of their minds. Pot smoke filled the entire stadium. ha ha I loved Shea for real football. The rug at Giants Stadium was hideous.

I will have to say though, Giants Stadium was the perfect football stadium to watch a game because you felt like you were right on top of the action no matter where you sat. The ride there for us was a bitch though coming from Long Island, but we tailgated & stayed late until the traffic cleared out. That's how I got to meet all the players after the game.

Footballgod214, Noam and AJW like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sofi out in LA. There are a lot of concept drawings of the first three that it's hard to find a real photo because they're all so awesome looking and look like the real thing.

I can't believe the designers of MetLife dropped a tin box on a big plot of concrete and called it a design compared to the other three which are basically complexes.

AJW likes this.
  15. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yeah i remember as a kid growing up in NJ about 15 minutes away from Giants Stadium...the Giants kids would always make fun of the Jets kids in my grade school, because their team played its home games in "Giants Stadium"....lol.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's 8 games in the whole year. 8 games. Do the Jets really need to build, pay for, maintain entire stadium when there is a brand new one available, where they can play these 8 games? Just make sure you play well there, that's all. And maybe add a roof to this one.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

the Carrier Dome

18. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Should have been West Side Stadium. So close. Sheldon f'n Silver did us in and the mfr went to jail. Finally, we were going to have our own stadium for all the positives and negatives that were written about it, it would have been ours. Still makes me mad.

AJW, Footballgod214 and Noam like this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Has anybody else noticed that Giants fans never bitch about sharing a stadium with the Jets? Seems to be a one-way issue.
    Two teams in the same stadium doesn't bother me. The shittiness of the stadium does bother me.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck about this stadium? They now built brand new stadium, it is not called Giants stadium any longer, fully customized for the Jets 8 times a year they play there. The team played like absolute shit for the last 10 years, I couldn't care less whether the stadium we played like dog shit in is also used for something else. We need to play better, that's the bottom line. Stadium is fine.