How do we stack within the division?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, May 5, 2021.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think this year is the year we lose games by 1 score no more blowouts, which means we are improving. I think we will get 6-8 wins and be very competitive. Next year after a great Draft we will compete for the playoffs. I believe we can fill all our holes with quality players much like we did this year with our first 4 picks. 2 first round, 2 second round picks should lift this team to a new level in '22. This year is all about patience. We are a young team with a new CS, new offense & defense, and a rookie QB. Although we are a much better team than when Darnold was a rookie, I still expect Wilson to have his growing pains. All in all I am extremely happy with the direction the team is headed in. It will be nice to actually root for us to win games. Last year was the worst year I've experienced in all my 56 years of being a Jets fan. Finally I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so psyched about watching football this season, I went out & purchased an 85" TV.......I'm ready for game time. Can't wait till next season!

#21 BudJet, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Can't say I would realistically expect anything other than 4th place. I expect the Jets to be more competitive, have a reasonable offense and exciting D. Bills are definitely the team to beat. The x factor is Wilson, how good can he be as a rookie (and indeed after) really is the determining factor. If he's good the Jets are poised to compete in year 2 of this regime.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Basement dwellers, but, improving.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

On the floor, but hopefully starting to get back up. :D

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

#NegativeFacts

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

First-time HC, OC and DC. Rookie QB. Switch from 3-4 to 4-3. The usual NFL injury issue, hoping the Jets have solved their bad injury runs.

5-12 or 6-11 looks like the most likely result.

Over the next few seasons my guess is the Pats drop to 4th and we're staring up at the Bills and the Fins.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

....but fact none the less.....
    It is what it is......

legler82 likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

And Zach had shoulder surgery and only weighs 215 pounds.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Bills are good, but they aren't as good as they looked last year against an awful division. Still 1st place.
    Dolphins added a ton of talent, but still have serious QB questions. Still, I think they're the 2nd best team, as long the QB position isn't a total disaster.
    Pats are much better than last year, but that doesn't mean they are actually good. Not impressed with the talent they brought in--they will be less impactful than getting back the players that sat last year. BB will get the most out of them all. Will push the Dolphins.
    Jets are much improved over last year all around. Still last, but finally trending up.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we stack at the bottom.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

dam sounds like drew brees and that guy was awful. /s

cval likes this.
  12. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

I've said this on a few occasions - just give me a competitive team (and fun to watch will be a bonus) and I'll be a generally happy fan. We've sadly been so out of touch in just being a decent team it made being a fan an absolute trial for too many years. I just hope the new regime from GM downwards at least make us fun to watch and a team that other teams give us respect and a bit of of serious planning for when they play us.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Last place in 2021. 2022, hoping a WC slot.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am not a member of the Bills Mafia by any stretch but I am just smh at the almost universal suggestion the "Bills take a step back"...wheres the evidence for that?? ..other than a mix of collective gut feeling/hate for Buffalo. They have good Coaching and management for like what 3-4 years in place? We should hope to emulate their success and the Browns as well for that matter

FTMR They challenged KC in a Title game did they not? With the same Team and some additions they are winning the AFC East and one of top AFC Teams

OTOH We have have more than a Wing and Prayer with the great offseason and Draft Douglas put together ..going out on a limb saying we win 7 games next Fall

15. legler82

I think Bills could take a couple steps back and still win the division so I’m not sure if there’s much value in debating.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

even at a step back they are a 12 win team down form 13 last year and now an extra game

with that said also remember their divison sucked. pats had 8 opt outs and borkwn cam newton. now they have a new QB and their defense back
    dolphins won 10 games and got better in the offseason
    jets won 2 games and got better in the offseason.

last year they had 4 gimme games in the divison pretty much this year they shouldn't

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lets see their Schedule. But I think they win 10 games which would be in top 4 or 5 for entire NFL

legler82 likes this.
  18. legler82

If they win only 10 games, many Jets fans will in here will be happy. For them, it’s about the small victories.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

AFC East is becoming a tough division. Not sure what the Pats will do though. Their free agency splurge seems like desperation and Mac Jones is a big question mark.

20. legler82

Define “becoming”. Is this coming year part of your definition?