Zach Gets #2 Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, May 5, 2021.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I can get behind #2. Lots of numbers don’t look great until they are made iconic. I’ve always thought wearing #1 is a little self important.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree both need at least an extra 10, Lawrence more. I just don’t see where it’s going to go on Wilson.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That wasn't my point. If Zach fails is a massive miss by JD, no matter what. You can make the same argument about the other QBs we passed on to select Zach. Yet no one really gives a shit what number they selected. But anything to do with jFields gets magnified because some here liked him better. It's water under the bridge. JD will be crucified if Zach fails no matter what, even if Justin Fields is a total bust.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Wearing #1 in college is okay...it's sort of expected, so when he was handed the #1 Jets jersey on Draft night I thought "Jeez, a little over the top", so I'm glad he ditched that for another number. I'd be curious to know if the #2 was Zach's idea of the marketing dept.? But I'm of the mind that the player makes the number, not the other way around, so I think they ought to just hand out numbers without any other thought than that. It's done now, and here's hoping Zach does as well as that guy who wore #2 in pinstripes.

5. legler82

[​IMG]

Total douche!

All Gas No Shake and Jets79 like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets and patleahy like this.
  7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

hey I LIKED warren moon! :(:(:(:mad::mad:

westiedog1 and legler82 like this.
  8. legler82

Me too until today.

patleahy likes this.
  9. patleahy

I understood your point, LA, and I disagree with it. If Zach fails but ALL of the other QBs, esp the ones the Jets could have selected fail, than JD gets somewhat of a pass...i mean he tooks his shot at QB and his guy sucked but so did all of the others, so what was he supposed to do? However, if Zach busts but either Fields or Mac Jones lights it up, then YES JD does get crucified, because UNLIKE under the first scenario, he had it within his power to select the RIGHT QB, yet screwed the pooch BIG-TIME by allowing the right qb to literally slip through his fingers while selecting a bust. Two different scenarios. Is the end result of Zach sucking the same in both? yes, however under the 2nd scenario JD will get much more heat than under the first. That is indisputable. under the first, he could justifiably tell Woody (and CC and NC :))....hey look Sam sucked, we all know Sam sucked (except for Ouchy), we needed to move on....I took my shot at QB...but they all wound up sucking...who knew they would ALL suck?! so in a way I never had a shot....however under the 2nd scenario, JD most definitely does not have that "out" when he is asked: "ummm Fields and Jones are tearing up the NFL yet Zach sucks...so wtf did you pass on Fields and Jones, dumbass?!!" big difference in how much heat JD receives. Ask Ryan Pace how many times he has been asked some variation of: "WTF is wrong with you?! why did you pass on Mahomes and Watson to select Trubisky?!" I assure you, Pace would not have been asked that question for the rest of his life IF both Watson and Mahomes had busted out as badly as Trubisky did.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. patleahy

Conversely Aaron Rogers, quite possibly the biggest douchebag to every play the position, wears number 12 not number 1......so I guess 12 is a douchebag number too, because that guy is the douchiest douche who has ever douched up anything. And he's also a total cunt to boot! ;)

11. legler82

I don’t think anyone will lose their jobs for passing on Jones. He has one year of production and was the least traitsy of the top 5. Fields on the other hand was the consensus #2 for years until they stopped playing football. So the casual fan which most fans, media and more importantly owners are will definitely come down hard in hindsight at the teams that passed on Fields if he turns out to be a stud.

Losmeister and patleahy like this.
  12. patleahy

I agree legler.

13. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Ughhhh....reminds me of Manziel....let's hope he has a better NFL career

legler82 likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Bottom line. This leadership can not let Zach fail no matter what. Jet fans can not afford that anymore.

ColoradoContrails and patleahy like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Oh God no, please no.

16. patleahy

I agree 100% with your bottom line, LAJet. :)

LAJet likes this.
  17. legler82

Forgot Manziel wore 2 too. It gives the whole “Mormon Manziel” moniker even more life.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Who was that Michigan QB that wore number 98 a couple years ago? Now that is badass

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Personally, I wanted him to wear number 4. But any number will do as long as he wins games.

#79 LAJet, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    bicketybam and cval like this.
  20. legler82

Denard “Shoelace” Robinson. He was converted to RB in the pros.