Do you mind sharing a stadium with the Giants?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, May 6, 2021.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I really wished we had our own stadium. Put it adjacent to Citi Field. This team needs to move back to Queens where they belong!!! If I was the owner that is what I would do. Rant over.

Ralebird, Shea Jet, donkey and 5 others like this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Given the choice I’d imagine most fans would choose not to share their stadium with another team in their league.

After their performance on the field its one of worst things about this organization.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's pretty awful but it is what it is. The owners on both sides got a sweet deal footing only half the hill for a stadium that looks and feels like it was built in the 1980s compared to the modern day football meccas that were recently built in Los Angeles, Minnesota, Dallas, and Las Vegas.

As far as I understand it, they subsidized it through hammering the fan base through PSL's rather than the tax payer that the other stadiums were built on. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The West Side Stadium would've been sick and much closer to the new awesome stadiums instead of the tin box.

The only thing I will say that the new stadium improved on significantly is the amount of bathrooms they added.

Cman68, azhar80, patleahy and 3 others like this.
  4. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I agree the Stadium is atrocious!!! They could have built something more modern. I just hope one day before I die that the Jets have their own stadium. Shea was ours, even though it was a dump.

Cman68, patleahy, papapump and 2 others like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then there's our hunk of shit.

[​IMG]

Cman68, Shea Jet, dawinner127 and 2 others like this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I always wondered why the Jets and Isles didn't partner up and try to have a "LI version" of the Meadowlands sports complex built. Both Shea and Nassau were/are dumps. Given the fact that the Jets practiced at Hofstra and played in Queens a good portion of their fanbase comes from LI. Still does even after all these years in NJ.

AJW, ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Heck yes, I mind sharing with the Giants again. We are THE ONLY MAJOR PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM TO NEVER HAD HAVE THEIR OWN HOME. It's beyond pathetic, and is part of the problem with the Jets being viewed as a 2nd rank organization and lesser than the Giants.

We should have had our own stadium. Woody Johnson screwed the pooch. If he had done his homework and greased the skids, we'd have had a fantastic stadium on the West Side. The only other reasonable place to have it was up in Weschester Co. where the race track was/is. There is no room in Queens. Traffic is a nightmare there. That's the last place the stadium should go.

Even if Woody were to decide today that we needed to get our own stadium, I imagine the team would stay in NJ because of the great complex he built at One Jets Drive, but even if he did decide to move the team back to NY state, it's several more years before we can get out of the contract with the Giants.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Shea was a dump and it wasn't ours. It was the Mets' Stadium.

Cman68, Noam and RPOZ51 like this.
  10. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hate it, wish we had the stadium in the west side.

Thanks to that fucker Bloomberg we are stuck with a useless honeycomb art statue and a shopping complex shutting down in Hudson yards.

AJW likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

It is my understanding that it wasn't Bloomberg. It was Silver, the Dolans, and a powerful state senator (King?) whose name escapes me who blocked it.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Also the actual stadium is weak, most generic looking stadium and sound doesn't travel as well to me like the new Yankee stadium. Both are meh

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Stephen Ross, the dolphins owner owns all that luxury residential property there too

15. NCJetsfan

It figures! Did he own it at the time, or buy it after the stadium deal fell through? I think he must have bought it afterwards, perhaps to prevent a second attempt by Woody.

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I simply cannot understand how this stadium is not sponsored by an HVAC company.[​IMG]

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It used to piss me off when they would say the Jets are at home and then say the Giants stadium.

But Met Life is one ugly fucking stadia

NCJetsfan, AJW and RPOZ51 like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have never once cared about sharing a stadium even when it was literally called "Giants Stadium". I care much more about how awful the stadium is. I travel to a lot of stadiums for work and MetLife is hands down the worst I've been to in the last decade. But you don't need to travel to stadiums to know that, all you have to do is look at it or go there even just once. Major gaffe by all involved.

Frenbar and AJW like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i guess i'm in the minority but it doesn't bother me at all