Way too early 2022 mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CotcheryFan, May 2, 2021.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

https://sportsnaut.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-projections-top-prospects/

We get CB Kaiir Elam from Florida and DL(really a DE) George Karlaftis from Purdue. I know little about either prospect, but CB and Edge are positions where we don't have someone teams have to account for on every play. I'd love to get one of Derek Stingley(LSU CB) or Kayvon Thibodeaux(Oregon Edge).

2. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Not sure if we will be bad enough, but Derek Stingley is the guy to get next year!

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m sure our 2 picks in the 20s will be enough to trade up.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

These are always fun, but I'm starting to think some of the things he wrote is not that far off RE: quarterbacks in the first round.

It feels like we're going to start seeing quarterback hysteria nearly every year.

Idunno if he's an NFL quarterback but Malik Willis is fucking awesome to watch. You guys should check them and Liberty out next year. They were fun to watch.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I saw a 2022 mock from the Pro Football Network last night giving them the CB from LSU Stingley at #6 and then a RB from Iowa State at #23 Breece Hall I think his name was. The write up said combining Hall and Carter would be a dangerous pairing .....

6. mrjet80

Next year’s draft will really be entertaining with two picks in both the first and second rounds. At this time they need a high quality CB, another EDGE, and another OL at some point to keep building that line.

patleahy likes this.
  7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I hope we draft a QB in the first round. I like that kid at Oklahoma. ;)

8. KingRoach

We drafted a developmental Edges and OL last year. It seems prudent to see if they’ve developed before we judge if those are position of need in the next draft.

FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. mrjet80

McGovern and Fant are FAs next year - unless they are resigned those are two OL positions which are not set in stone at this time. I’m expecting another OL to be drafted on the higher end - maybe not the first round put pretty high.

EDGE is going to be loaded next year - I expect JD to grab one high to pair with Lawson. Unless somebody on the current roster shows otherwise.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. KingRoach

Incorrect about McGovern and Fant. They are both signed through 2022. If either play well this year we have them for a steal the following year. If the play poorly, we can cut them for almost no dead money.

Typing that, I’m thinking “what great contracts for us”.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2022-way-to-early-mock-draft

I'll go ahead and post this one too!

They have us picking 3rd overall, YIKES!!, and taking Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon and again at 18 via Seattle picking George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue.

I find it highly doubtful we take 2 EDGE's in the 1st but ya never know!

12. mrjet80

I don’t see that either ......but I can see one.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Definitely! I could see us going with Thibodeaux to pair with Lawson next year if we're picking in the top 5. Hopefully we aren't though!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. mrjet80

You are right - they are signed through 2022 but both can be released after 2021 if they under perform. Would the Jets be able to afford resigning both at that point? We don’t know. That’s why I see them continuing to draft OL high even if it’s just one. RG is also kind of an unknown at this point and I don’t see JD leaving any stones unturned with the OL especially after the state Idzik and Mac left it in.

My opinion is it’s best to always have an OL in the pike waiting - the most important position on the team outside of QB.

#14 mrjet80, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Honestly if we finish with a top 5 pick I would consider to pull a Ouchy and trade down for future assets (like the dolphins did this year). Let another team take a QB and continue building the core.

16. KingRoach

With 17 games it’s more important than ever to have depth at the OL. I’m simply saying if the both play well this year, they’ll both be on the team for 2022. If they’re both on the team, there’s no need for a plug and play/early round OL. Late round/developmental is a different story...

RG is kinda unknown Bc none of us have seen how much last drafts developmental OL has developed in the last year. Unknown to us doesn’t mean unknown to the Jets.

We also got some developmental OL this year who probably won’t see the field until 2022 at best.

While I agree we should add to the line every draft, I feel like depending on how: Clark, McGovern, and Fant play this year we might be on developmental/late round cruise control for a while.

mrjet80 likes this.
  17. mrjet80

Im hoping some of these UDFAs they signed yesterday for OL pan out - heck even just one of them. Their write ups look promising.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stingley and Thibodeaux are both elite prospects. Thibodeaux really jumps off the screen ala a Von Miller type of player in that even if he doesn't get a sack, he's affecting the play.

Hall is a good player and all, but something went seriously right or wrong if we're taking a back in the first round. Right - every hole was filled over the past two years and we're picking a huge luxury, wrong - all of our runningbacks moved to Canada.

Hall also might run a bit too upright and take a beating in the NFL. He's a tall guy for a back.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That shouldn't stop us from trying to get an Edge who can be a game changer. Especially in a conference with many rising stars at QB.

20. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Thibodeux is a good prospect but not on the level of a Chase Young/Joey Bosa. Stingley on the other hand, is probably as close to Revis as I’ve ever seen.