2021 NFL Draft - Day 2 (Rounds 2 and 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 30, 2021.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think Douglas has a plan in place dependent on whether the Jags take Jenkins or not. If not, he takes Jenkins; if so, he trades back a few spots and takes an OL/RB, possibly (but hopefully not) a CB. In that later case, I'm hoping he gets Creed Humphries, and then from there BPA RB/CB.

Fiftynine, REVISion and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree. Can't fill them all. We'll see but I see cb being a priority though I'd prefer offense.

Oline: Becton, Vera Tucker and Mcgovern feel comfortable with. Fant and Right Tackle concern me.
    WR: Good top 4.
    CB. Like the way Hall played last year. Beyond that scares me
    LB: Mosley and Davis not sure of anyone else.
    RB: Players that can contribute but no one that thrills me.

Looking at this list cb and lb will probably be who he addresses. At 34 I think the lb from ND fits the mold. That being said getting Jenkins to add to the oline would be great or even a wr. The cb lb seem round 3-4 picks. Why I think a trade with the Bengals makes sense. Lets us get a few more picks and still get a guy we want. We'll see.

Footballgod214 and Jets79 like this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Had a feeling that's the way it'd be. For me I'd stay and take Jenkins but we'll see.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand the clamoring for Creed Humphrey, at least not this early and not in this draft. He's a good player but McGovern was a good player towards the end of last year and this scheme suits him well. Not sure I want to move him to RG and I don't think we'd want to do that with Humphrey either.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

If they stand pat they take JOK or Elijah

NCJetsfan and AJT73 like this.
  6. Zuckpsu

Zuckpsu Member

Jets in position to get great value with JOK, solidify the line with Teven Jenkins, or drop back 5-7 spots and pick up an early 3rd rounder.

mrjet80 and AJT73 like this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think our starting OL is stable rn. We can get some bodies in the later rounds to develop but VanRotten ended the season playing well and Fant only has 1/2 years at the position. Don’t forget, he has lateral mobility and should be well suited for our new system. People expect Clark to fight for a starting job.

CBs can be found in the 4th. They have no LB depth and I think JOK is the pick of trade with the Titans and pick up their 3rd.

AJT73 likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think there's a bit too much of an openness to move guys around from certain positions. The tackle to guard transition is really the easiest transition and then it gets more difficult thereafter.

There is a distinct advantage that a center has that goes away when they move to guard. Literally snapping the ball gives the center a half second more of time than everyone else on the field to get into there pass or run block set. I wouldn't want to move a veteran out to guard and lose that advantage that they're used to or vice versa if you want Humphrey to be the center of the future.

A tackle to guard conversion on the same side they're used to playing makes a lot more sense so I definitely agree. If you take Humphrey, you're scrambling McGovern or Humphrey for the worse initially. Not to say it can't work, but it doesn't make sense with other options on the board in a deep class.

I'd rather look at a later round center to groom. Drake Jackson is my guy in the later rounds or perhaps Josh Myers if he falls far enough.

9. Jason MacIsaac

Is a 3rd round CB this year going to be any more than a dart on the wall? I prefer punting on a CB this year, signing Sherman and selecting one of Jenkins or JOK (provided they are top 20 on the Jets big board).

NCJetsfan and Leicester Jet like this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

You're reasoning makes sense. JOK would be great because like you said we have no lbs. Me personally I'd love to secure the line more or get another weapon for our young qb but if we went JOK I wouldn't complain. Love the idea if trading with the Titans for another 3rd. We did well yesterday but still need so much more I'd love more picks. Last year JD did well with trading back hopefully he can do the same this year. Love who's still available so a few more picks in the next few rounds will help add good players.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jax will go Barmore. That leaves us with JOK, Jenkins or Williams and any of those three would be great picks.

#31 BroadwayAaron, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  12. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I read that the Jets should be set with OL and will more likely draft or do focus On a CB, LB, WR, DE or RB with their next 4-5 picks.

Not sure I agree with that. Need Depth at OL even if that OL is talented enough for a starter wherever at 34 or they trade back(my preference)

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't know. The more I think about it and the more I look at the board. I think we will trade back a bit If possible. I also think JOK and Azeez Ojulari are In play too.

A lot of options. I'm not convinced Jenkins will be the guy that the Jets covet here. I have a feeling we are about to find out. I doubt JAX takes him. Maybe though.

7 more hours. Blah. I miss the old days where it was a day long marathon. Sigh.

NCJetsfan, chandler, LAJet and 4 others like this.
  14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

If they stand pat:
    JOK
    Azeez
    Javonte Williams
    Elijah Moore
    Terrance Marshall
    Jenkins

I dont see Creed being the pick. From everything I have read, they are keeping McGovern at center.

Personally I am not really a fan of trading back. I am not concerned about a 5th round pick. I would rather take the best player and build this freaking team. Me personally I dont have any idea. I mean if we get a 3rd to trade back then maybe but it depends on how far we slide back. This will be an interesting day thats for sure.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

a trade back isn’t needed if JD feels there’s a guy he likes who can fill a need on this team. Maybe it’s a CB or a TE. Unless they get overwhelmed with an offer to trade back, go get the best prospect. This isn’t a let’s keep trading back and acquire more players...go get the BEST.

PennyRoyal10 and AJT73 like this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

My preferences would be to take Jenkins or trade back. Even if we just trade back a few spots we could get a 4th that we could package with one of our other 4ths to get back into the 3rd if there’s a guy that starts to slip that we covet.

The more I think about it, the bigger fan I am of trading down. As much as I like Teven, there’s so much talent left on the board that I think we could move down 5-10 spots and get a really good player and get back in the 3rd. Tough decisions for Joe tonight.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If another team has the extreme hots for a particular player and JD trades back only 4 spots or so for a third round pick then that’s an ideal situation. JD would still fill a huge need at 38 or so and there’s gonna be plenty of good talent at positions of need in the third round. However if the trade was to go back 10 spots or more than you’re correct in your assessment. Just stay put and add another starter.

NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The top of the second round seems flush with overly-aggressive linemen and undersized players. I think it might be JOK (if he's not gone with the first pick) or trade back for TE/CB.

IIMeanDeanII and patleahy like this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

As of now I’m guessing if the Jets stay put at 34 the pick will be JOK ( value ) or Jenkins to pretty much finish off the OL for this year anyway.....

Im ok with JD passing over EDGE considering they have Lawson and Curry for this season and the EDGE position being stacked in next year’s draft. However CB remains a major need - I don’t see Bless Austin as starting material.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

concordechops, I almost didn't recognize you! what happened to Private Pyle?!!