Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Exactly. If the Pats somehow trade up and get a QB whoever he is, he would instantly become the new flavor of the media. Can you imagine Wilson/Lance/Fields/Jones with Belichick? Match made in heaven. The next superstar.
    Same with the 49ers.

Fair to them, they build that reputation over the years and on the opposite anything that the Jets do turn into crap. Hard to think that sudenly the Jets could finally get the right guy...

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Sometimes it's only after it's too late do people realize where they were going wrong. Also, making dramatic changes to how one plays the game, one's mechanics, and/or one's mental approach isn't easy. That's why so many players fail who have the physical ability. Their confidence is tied up in what got them to the NFL, and to suddenly strip that all away can be scary and difficult to do even when they want to do it, and many don't. Knowing what you're supposed to do and then doing it yourself, are two very different things.

You can't dispute his accuracy with QB picks. You can choose not to believe or listen to what he says, that's your choice, but the fact remains no one is even in the same zip code as Simms when it comes to predicting QB success.

Borat, matt robinson 17 and patleahy like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I love him and his passion for the Jets!

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I don't know about that NCJetsFan, Simms was one of Ryan Leaf's BIGGEST supporters back in the day, and basically guaranteed that Rick Mirer was going to be the next Joe Montana, so he has black marks on his record like anyone else. ;)

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I love all of our passion for the Jets. But Eisen saying if we don't take Wilson the pick better be Lance gave me a twitch.

patleahy likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

newer report, pats have a deal in place with the panthers to trade up for fields if he falls to 8

7. GasedAndConfused

rich eisen is a tried and true jets fan at least. he knows the pain

Falco21 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

You said it yourself, they're just being lazy, using totally flawed reasoning and logic, and in the process being dumb.

Borat likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Sure he does. No one is perfect, but he has been right more than anyone else, and it's not even close.

Borat likes this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is what picking a QB at two has done to me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This has nothing to do with me, I can't say it enough times but I have no dog in this fight, my dog has been retired already, but to listen to a man trying to justify dropping Fields to 32nd pick was actually pathetic and again maybe he should have listened to his own advice and he might have had a proper career as a QB.

One more point on this guy's QB record, why is it relevant this year? It has never ever been used as a metric in previous years, you could say the same for @legler82 everybody was hanging off his words when preaching about Mahomes, he is the QB guru you/they/others proclaim, they didn't want to know when it was Allen and now it is even worse with Fields, as one by one you kick him in the balls and rip off his QB guru badge and throw it in the trash.

So it is plain that people only care or give a fuck when people are saying what they want to hear and especially when they are in full agreement with their own ideas.

Also, if Sims is that good, why is nobody thinking Kellon Mond is a bargain capture, fill your boots with all the top talent and grab him with the 80-120 pick, Sims said he was better than Lance and Fields didn't he?

Bit of a topsy turvy rant tbh but fuck it, not all of it directed at you either btw

Back to Simms and the video, his spiel was awful, his banter with the co-host was cringeworthy, his whine about being accused of racism was pathetic, his projected draft was shite.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Interesting he likes Lance as his 2nd choice, I didn't realise he was a Jets fan until this off season, which is good as I always liked him on the NFL.com site videos and his 40's at the combines lol

Brook! likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

this I agree with it. We have so much access to info and videos to watch these players over and over again. we can all do it ourselves and come up with our own conclusions.
    yup he's a huge tortured jet fan like all of us here

K'OB likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I know you have no dog in the fight. That's not what this is about.

I wasn't aware of Simms' record before with predicting QBs. If I had been, I would have been listening to him and talking about it earlier, now that I'm aware, I will continue to listen and give credence to what he says. That doesn't mean that he won't get it wrong, but his opinion deserves respect imo, and one would be silly to ignore it. When one has a decision to make, ultimately, one makes the decision one's self, but that doesn't mean that one doesn't get advice from experts, professionals and those who have had success in doing that thing before. I've listened to and read everything posted here and elsewhere on Twitter, YouTube, and the internet so that I could make the most informed decision I could.

You're certainly free to not like or listen to him. I know that you're not just responding to me. It's cool. We don't have to agree.

Borat and K'OB like this.
  15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Iā€™m not claiming his opinion is important. I just I thought is was a clever analogy. I thought I made that clear. No need to get your Wilson panties all in a bunch.

16. legler82

Takes a troll to trollslate.

17. legler82

[​IMG]

K'OB likes this.
  18. legler82

Do you really love it?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The discussion is Chris Simms' analysis. Born in 1980. He was a high school kid when Leaf was coming out and a 12 year old when Mirer was

patleahy likes this.
  20. legler82

TBF I got kicked in the balls with Mahomes and Allen too. The QBs may differ from each other but kicked balls is a common denominator.

K'OB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.