Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it just so happens that anytime he made a great throw the defender had 0 awareness but fields was throwing against people who are future all pros huh? you guys just sound worse and worse each time

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

if thats what you came away with, thats on you ... im simply refuting your assertion that, "a covered WR is a covered WR regardless"

KurtTheJetsFan and legler82 like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson stuck to receivers like glue honestly. He was just a lost soul as soon as the ball left the quarterbacks hands.

4. Justin Miller was the same deal.Maybe even moreso

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Glue might be a bit generous.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There you go making an ass out of yourself again. It's becoming quite the daily occurrence with you.

FWIW, the "post" you quoted was about Namath thinking the Jets should take Mac Jones. I had missed that there was already a thread on it. I only saw the thread after I had posted the article, so I came back to this thread and deleted the post.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Miller should've just been a return man. It's something he excelled at.

8. GasedAndConfused

If you watched that film and think he doesn't have elite traits then there is no convincing you otherwise but I see a ton of elite traits. his arm talent is already better then most starting Qbs in the NFL. his release is elite and lightning quick, his improv skills are elite, his ability to change arm angles to make throws other QBs can't is elite. his ability to keep eyes downfield when scrambling is elite. I'm not villianizing anything or anyone. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but we went over 100 pages without any of these comments. to the point I was begging the pro fields/anti wilson people to give their analysts on what they are seeing that i may be missing and nobody could answer it. If the concerns were actual and valid they would have came up much earlier. with that said look at these vids below

Obviously this are highlights so made to make him look good, but you can't watch this and honestly say he has no elite traits. some of these are elite throws many NFL QBs aren't making

here is another good breakdown of 1 throw and how impressive it is

as far as "floating" balls outside the numbers that's just insane. this video proves that complete wrong

then there is the "mahomes like" off platform throws where I posted a video somewhere in this thread but it was off twitter and I can't find it

also his mechanics are not ideal. with improved mechanics he'll have even more zip on his passes. he's not using his body ideally. there is room for improvement

at the end of the day if you don't see it, you don't see it, but if you really don't see it, well i'm not going to trust your analysts because these videos are clear as day.

as far as decision making goes it's funny you knock his but then someone posted a fields video saying how impressed they were how he keeps his eyes downfield and goes through progressions and in the same video

[​IMG]

complety wide open WR on the top right and he never sees it or looks that way. he winds up taking off for a 10 yard run which is nice he has that ability but he just doesn't see the field well. it's sam 2.0 he has open WRs he just rarely sees if they aren't his 1st read.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Behold, the "tight window throw" that is really just an awful coverage play by the defensive back.

Everyone went crazy in the Wilson thread when this happened as if it was some sort of ridiculously good throw, ignoring the coverage.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Another solid review by JT:

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Edit: nevermind Borat beat me to it.

The part 6 video on Zach Wilson is out for the QB school fans...basically preaching about Zach Wilson's ability at the position and his mechanics.

12. GasedAndConfused

anyone can make a play and any great CB can still be 1-upped. covered is covered.
    and wilsons biggest issue wasn't the lack of ball skills it was the enormous amount of penalties. he only "covered" a WR because he grabbed them and pulled them in and got a flag for it. without holding he didn't cover well.

13. GasedAndConfused

because it is a perfect throw. it's a hip pocket throw to the inside when the DB had outside leverage.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What coverage?

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Desperately holding out hope for this. Getting a blockbuster trade package for the #2 pick is the best way to go about rebuilding this franchise.

Br4d and ouchy like this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well when you run out of shit to complain about you get this. Jesus.

17. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be opposed to this, but only if the Jets got fair compensation. Say four 1st and some change.

jets_fan likes this.
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

In all fairness, he probably knows himself well enough to know that if he tried to make that throw to the open guy it would have happened at a glacial pace and he would have been sacked before he got the throw off.
    #molassesrelease

19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think that goes without saying. If there's not a massive trade package there, you stay put and take the best player (although I'm not at all sold on these QBs not named Lawrence). But if there's one of those types of trades that we often see for the top two picks out there somewhere, then I think you have to take it and use it to begin plugging the many holes this roster has.

NoodleArm likes this.
  20. Im not going round in circles w this same crap again.You have your opinion..i have mine.

Bottom line is i dont appreciate you putting words in my mouth to further a narrative. It speaks to the credibility of your evaluation if we’re being honest.

K'OB, All Gas No Shake and legler82 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.