Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Interesting stats from Greeny regarding the OL. THIS is why the picks at #23 & #34 must be OL if at all possible. If not, trade down, add additional picks and then go OL.

Borat, patleahy, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

GTFO. I haven't been steadily criticizing Fields or posters for liking Fields. My criticisms have been against all the negativity, criticism of Wilson posters, and the hypocrisy accusing Wilson fans of doing what you Fields fans have in actuality been doing. But maybe I'm just "sensitive." LOL

4. legler82

So you are butt hurt over Wilson criticism? Isn’t that the definition of “sensitive”?

5. legler82

I think it’s kind of childish to expect every person who prefers Fields to reciprocate the belief that Wilson could or will also be a star just because some who prefer Wilson share this belief about Fields. It’s like opening your heart to a girl and expect her to feel the same way, then getting mad about it because she doesn’t. What are we, in elementary school? Everyone doesn’t have to think both will be good. How boring would it be if we all share the same opinion? Ridiculous.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the biggest take I have from this debate which has now over 250 pages of comments (between the 3 threads) is that none of the wilson naysayers have anything bad to say about him or his play. all the criticisms are medical concerns (yet nobody here is a doctor or has access to him or his doctors or medical records yet they think they know more then actual team doctors) and his competition level, and his religion/upbringing. but nobody has said anything bad about his game because nothing shows on film that is bad. That says a lot when people don't like a prospect but can't even give a good reason why. It reminds me of this, I have a friend who is really good at video games. any game he plays he's just good. someone tried using the excuse that "he isn't good, people just get really dumb around him and it makes him look better" that's what the wilson haters sound like right now.

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Should have kept Sam and traded the #2 for a boatload of picks...Mark my words, Wilson will be a bust if he's the pick. Trey Lance should be the pick, but he will have to sit for a year or two. Lance will be the best QB in this draft when we look back in 5 years

8. Excuse me?

We’ve stated over & over again that he doesnt have a single elite trait within his evaluation that would justify the risk of said red flags.

His throws outside the #s & 3rd level float quite noticably, his feet will go dead/eyes come down when flushed along the hash & for all the hype about his release at his pro day,it looks elongated in quite a few reps on tape.

You dont have to agree.But dont misportray the reality just to villainize.

K'OB likes this.
  9. legler82

I’ve brought up concerns about decision making, unnecessary use of off platform throws and overrated arm talent. You may disagree with all of these but those are all on field concerns in addition to the injuries, frame and level of competition. So “none” except for at least one.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is why Douglas need to use #23 and #34 on OL. I don't care what CB - or any other position - is available. There's really nothing else to say.

patleahy and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. legler82

So that makes 2 and counting.

12. NCJetsfan

13. legler82

[​IMG]

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry. I'm having trouble with either my computer or program. For some reason I started to respond and it wouldn't take, then it posted blank. In any event, I was going to comment that to your point, IMO there is an inconsistency in the evaluation by some fans whereby they see quite a few red flags about Wilson, but then they infer that selecting Wilson is the safe pick (proverbial SOJs) versus the higher ceiling and potential of Fields. I'm not arguing the personal assessment of the QBs, but how can Wilson then be the safer pick while Fields has less red flags and more upside in their views? It just doesn't add up in my simple mind. I believe all QBs have some red flags coming out, so if the risk is higher with Wilson for all the reasons stated throughout this thread, then for JD to make the call is anything but going after the safe pick. Its more a career defining move.

#1494 LAJet, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

wilson did have all day to throw and his pockets were generally cavernous ... byu looked like they were playing 7 on 7 in a lot of their tape

being covered by someone with terrible ball skills is not the same as being covered by someone with the awareness and skill to make a play ... kyle wilson could run with most receivers but had no clue what to do when the ball was in the air

16. legler82

I’m not sure what is so difficult to grasp. Do you not think somewhere in this world there are is at least one person that believes Fields has more “red flags” than Wilson? It’s not that complicated; it’s just an opinion.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sure he did...he'd flap his arms like a goose taking off from a lake while never turning his head!

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. legler82

Still not sold but here is some red meat for the Wilson hive.

ColoradoContrails and Poeman like this.
  19. legler82

No one celebrated the “I’m so lucky the WR didn’t catch that” incompletion like Kyle though. Dude was elite at that.

20. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

YEP...the QB might be the most important single position on a team, BUT the OL and DL are the most important units on a team. If you have a crappy OL....u are going to pretty much have a crappy offense, regardless of what type of skill position players you have. Well-said CC and NCJetsfan, as usual. Jets have to go OL early on in this draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.