Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Your count must be off then. 17 people voted for Fields.

legler82 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I admire your passion. Im not that invested emotionally in the Jets anymore to be so upset like that.

Whoever they draft will probably suck, its not like we haven't experienced that before

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Are they all self proclaimed QB gurus?

4. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Have you even watched Zach Wilson play football? Your dislike for him as a prospect seems to be based solely on the media.

Just because the media wasn’t hyping him for the last three years like Lawrence and Fields doesn’t mean he wasn’t on NFL teams radar.

I have seen Greg Newsome mocked to the Jets frequently at #23. Would you also hate that pick because nobody heard of him until 6 weeks ago? This is how the draft works. Guys like Kiper and McShay are just relaying info that are fed to them by the NFL/agents.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I support wilson and i've never been a fan of late risers. I was also the one who lobbied for a trade dwon draft lamaar jackson and everyone said he sucks. Nobody else saw in jackson what I saw. I was also 1 of only a few that supported allen and wasn't high on baker when the board was in love with baker and hated allen. In short I don't follow the crowd or hype trains and I like wilson simply because his film is superior to our other choices

Brook! likes this.
  6. Im less invested in the games & will simply shut it off no problem when they suck.

The draft is what i love. Seeing the Jets get it right in late April.Thats my passion.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don’t watch college football that intently unless I feel we will be in the market for a QB in the draft. I watched all the top QBs this past season. I didn’t watch one game of Joe Burrow last year; I just caught a couple Herbert & Tua games. I thought Darnold was our Wilson. I guess I was a year off. Who needs Darnold when we are about to have the real Wilson.

[​IMG]

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha, well that makes sense then

9. Well gee.. actually couldnt be further from the truth.I dont listen to a single one of those guys or any of the YT stars for anything more than mock drafts to ponder.

Ive watched at least 8 games of ZW..4 or 5 twice. I watched his pro day live & again a few weeks later.

Criticize my take all you like.Its organic & i stand by it.

legler82 likes this.
  10. legler82

If you haven’t had a prolonged meltdown at some point about this team, you must be new fan. 30 years plus of being a fan, I’ve had a few.

Imagesrdecieving, Brook! and REVISion like this.
  11. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

TL;DR: Doesn't matter.

Both Fields and Wilson are good QB prospects worthy of the #2 pick. Wilson has creativity and a 5-pitch arsenal. Fields has moxie, been battle,-tested, and has a cannon arm.

Preferring one over the other is saying that you prefer wine over whiskey. But, as we all know from watching too many seasons of Jets football, doesn't matter what the drink is as long as it gets the job done. That's where I'm at.

And yes, there's only one certainty: the narratives have been set. Whomever the 9ers pick will be great. Whomever the Jets pick will be a mistake. No one will be surprised when this is the storyline. Sports media will force feed to the public. And most of that group will eat it up, earned or not, because of their preset notions of the Jets.

No reason to get heated. Have a drink. And hope that Bobby S. doesn't "Gase" Justin Wilson. Or Zach Fields. Or Ian Book. Whomever they pick.

KY Jets Fan, Brook! and Noam like this.
  12. legler82

I got my betting money on Fields, wherever he lands.

13. Or..like he alluded to..Why share a team w people you disagree w so strongly..to put it very kindly??

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Good point. I was right there when we beat the Rams this last season.

Kurt, you are entitled to your opinion. We disagree about Fields and Wilson but I understand where you're coming from. I have no ill will towards you, I really mean that. I enjoy reading your thoughts about football and the different prospects.

Brook! likes this.
  15. legler82

@Brook! made a lot of you guys jealous.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's true, but it wasn't because of the level of competition he played against at BYU. It had to do with being in the right scheme, with good coaching, that didn't try to change who he was and the way he played.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I admire your passion.

Brook! and legler82 like this.
  18. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

What don’t you like about him? He played great this year.

19. legler82

What part of the special COVID schedule do you not understand? BYU’s original schedule was actually pretty tough but all those games were substituted with Hostess cream filled cupcakes. Unless Steve Young also played through a pandemic; there’s no correlation w/ regards to schedules.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well isn't that implied based on who they chose in the poll?

#1380 Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.