NYJ Today - 7 Round Jets Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 17, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

More than happy to take your feedback on the Mock.

Kudos and Critiques are welcomed :D

12 days until the NFL Draft! Go Jets!

Brook! likes this.
  2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I like it Penny.

I have no issue going OL/OL with #23 #34. My preference is OL and a offensive skill player but I like the additions of Jordan and Gainwell.

Would've liked to see a WR earlier and I'm not that high on Miami's kicker.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good job, I like it! The only question I have is Wyatt Davis. I've heard some negatives about him. Also, some have suggested that Creed Humphrey might be there at #34, so maybe take someone else - one of the best Tackles or Guards, and then take Humphrey at #34? But I would complain if the draft went the way you projected it.

4. PennyandtheJets

Thank you for watching dude. I appreciate the discussion!

5. PennyandtheJets

I feel like the Packers will want Humphrey to replace Corey Linsley who they just lost to Free agency. That was why I took him at 23. They could always trade up from 34 to leap frog them, but I would rather avoid trading up in this draft. Thank you for watching!

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Good job overall -While it’s a good idea and Humphery would be a superb pick, I don’t see JD taking two centers. I’m not a huge fan of Golden. I really like the Miami kicker in the 6th - I’ve been advocating for the Jets to draft a kicker all year. A reliable kicker can win an average of three games a year nowadays.....I would rate an A- overall. Good job!

#6 mrjet80, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    NCJetsfan and PennyandtheJets like this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

Thanks my man. Appreciate it!

Borregales had a very, very impressive year. Didn’t miss a single XP, has a plenty strong enough leg and hit 9/11 kicks from 40+. Didn’t miss a kick less than 40. He is quite accurate.

8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Cool! Seems like all reasonable picks. Two quick questions for you.

I have no qualms going back to back OLs with 2nd and 3rd picks but since there should be some decent OLs available in Day 2, would it be ideal to trade 23 for a exchanged late first rd pick and another 2021 2nd round pick and still pick 2 quality OLs?

Do you think the Jets desperately need CBs and need to grab one within their first 5 picks?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Overall I love it. I love that you focused on fixing the OL and building around Wilson and only took two defensive players. IMO that's exactly what JD should do.

You did make a mistake in terms of slot CB. Javelin Guidry is our starting slot CB. The Jets are very high on him, and he's the young slot CB of the future that you spoke about. He's both fast and quick, and looked good last year. The Jets may add Molden as a backup, but don't think they'd draft him and re-sign Poole. I'll be surprised if JD doesn't take a CB at #23 or #34. If Jenkins is there at #23, I think he's the pick. The Jets are rumored to love him and supposedly, he's their favorite OL in the draft. If they get him at #23, then I think #34 will be used on a CB & will take Farley if he's there, if not they'll probably take Melifonwu.

Instead of Molden, I could see them taking one of Nick Bolton, Jabril Cox, or Chazz Surratt.

I'll also be surprised if they take Gainwell. I like him, but I haven't heard of the Jets showing any interest in him. Supposedly, they really like Khalil Herbert of Va. Tech, and they could get him either in the 4th or with the first 5th round pick. Chuba Hubbard could be in play as could Javian Hawkins, and either could be added with either the 2nd 5th round pick and Hawkins could still be available at their 1st pick of the 6th round.

I give it an A- due to the Guidry/Molden mixup.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Penny

You rock man. I love your videos. Please bump the Gift Card thread before April 28th so I can sticky it. :)

11. PennyandtheJets

Appreciate you as always NC!

I just worry about Guidry as the full time starter. He definitely has the athleticism to thrive though...especially with our pass rush : )

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. PennyandtheJets

I agree and have mentioned it on several of our live streams. I believe strongly that JD is going to try and trade back from either 23 or 34. I don't like to include trades in mocks though as they are just to unpredictable. So to answer your question, definitely. I would be fired up if we could move back some from 23. Would be awesome to have more draft capital.

They might use 23 or 34 on CB. There are some very intriguing options early. I love Newsome if he falls to 23. That would be fantastic. I also like Stokes from Georgia.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your concerns with Guidry. I've been surprised that JD hasn't re-signed Poole, and didn't try to sign the SF slot CB who is so good. Evidently, they're very high on Guidry. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with as to why he didn't sign someone in FA.

It could be that because this is going to be a rebuilding year, JD has decided to find out what they have in the young players on the roster. I think that would be pretty smart. He gives them a chance to develop, sees who can help going forward, and it would help take some pressure off of Wilson to win immediately.

14. PennyandtheJets

I am all for younger guys getting PT. I also have no problem with our secondary not being a strength on the defense.

Pass Rush/Dline > Secondary

Hopefully he is a diamond in the rough and can develop into a long-term answer at the position. Would be huge.

NCJetsfan likes this.