Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if either Wilson or Fields as rookies make the 49ers SB contenders. Also I already told you I’m not concern about who’s better early. I’m talking about 2-3 years from now like when we look back at the Darnold vs. Allen debate. If we are going to blame the environment, then we might as well say FOs are always right with who they pick and it’s the CSs that fuck their picks up.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well again, I'm NOT saying that Wilson is as good as Mahomes, just that his game reminds me of Patrick's. Sorry, I like that style of play.

cval likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

4. legler82

I get it but it still makes me feel dirty when I read it.

[​IMG]

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you for expressing my very thoughts in a much better way than I could. The QB that goes to SF or the even the Pats will have a decisive advantage over the one going to the Jets and to the Jags simply by virtue of a much better, well managed and proven CS and players. This is year one for the CS in both the Jags and the Jets and with a lesser roster. Fill in the blank name for the SF QB selected and he will have a much faster and smother transition to a winning season.

Rockinz and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You could listen from you web browser on the URL I pasted, there a play button on the left side. Definitely works on a desktop, I listened without iTunes.

NCJetsfan, Footballgod214 and Noam like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When I look at Zach Wilson's videos I do see what other people are seeing but I can't shake the feeling that we are just seeing the evolution of the NFL Copycat Complex. The Jets have been victims of this many times, first with Herm trying to replicate the Tampa Bay defense, then trying to replicate the Ravens defense, Mangini trying to bring the Patriot Way to the Jets, Rex trying to replicate the Ravens with the Jets, the Jets trying to copycat the McVay thing with Gase, now it's trying to replicate Mahomes with a guy that throws at strange arm angles and gets risky with the ball.

I don't think the Jets as an organization is ever going to learn to stop trying to replicate the success of other teams, even though it always ends up with a reboot 3-5 years later.

Brook! likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

How though? That would require a commitment to a QB beyond 3 years... We don't seem to do that.

Which is opposite of what a SOJ move would entail.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I think of the first 5 teams in the NFL draft it is pretty clear who is the more ready and complete offensively and defensively team, the SF 49’ers. So yeah I think it is pretty given that whoever the QB for the49’ers is going to make a smoother translation. However they do play in a tough division as well. Now we’ll see I’m what happens in year 2 and 3.

legler82 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Major cojones or Major Stupidity?

We are about to find It by the looks of things.

11. legler82

I’m unclear as to which path you believe is the stupid one. Keeping Darnold?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

reminds me of this

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. legler82

Good football discussion for those who care.

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Fields throws the ball less than 40% of the time when pressured. He usually takes a sack or looks to run immediately.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t believe going QB is major stupidly, but it is far bolder move than not going QB. No doubt we will find out. I don’t expect miracles in year one but sure would like to see competitiveness.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

SF is pretty stacked.
    they went 13-3 and made the SB with jimmy g at QB in 2019
    for 2020 they had like 16 players on IR and still won 6 games.

Their D is stacked. they had the number 2 defense in 2019 when healthy and all those players will still be there pretty much. They have a great run game behind their o-line and mostert. a top 2 TE in the NFL in kittle and a young talented WR group with samuel and ayauk. they are a win now team. they may even start jimmy g for 2021. whoever goes there will be in the best situation of any young QB in quite some time. if the bar is to be at least as good as jimmy g, I think fields and wilson have that covered.

MDJets likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn’t that just be a function of the game plan at OSU he was expected to follow because of his superior running skills?

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Well the sacks aren't a function of that and it's tricky to say whether or not the scrambling was. I would guess no though as this seems to imply passing plays that broke down due to pressure rather than designed QB runs.

19. legler82

I watched every snap of Fields this year. The pass protection from his interior linemen was ass when it comes to stunts & blitz protection. BTW we should stay the hell away from Wyatt Davis; he will be personally responsible for testing how sturdy Wilson’s surgical repaired shoulder is. In addition, OSU rarely has hot routes built in their route combinations. It’s an aggressive downfield attacking scheme; WRs do not break off their routes because of the blitz. They essentially used Fields escapability and/or willingness to wait and deliver passes as he’s getting plastered as the hot. Just some context.

20. legler82

“Jaguars at 1 OK I get it but any team after that passes on Justin Fields will live to regret it.”

-Mark Schofield

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.