Off season FA: LaMont Jordan and Randy Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NEJets, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

I don't want Randy Moss here even though he still has some of that amazing talent. He's simply not a Mangini guy and at 30, is not a smart large signing. And you know Moss wants the ball every play but we are set with Coles and Cotchery. It would be dumb to shell out big bucks for Randy Moss for him to come here and disrupt the team while probably playing the 3rd receiver or something. A few years before and minus Cotchery, maybe. But currently, NO.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Just say NO to both.

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Moss? Jordan?

[​IMG]

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If you can get em Cheap and Also write up their contract so that if they do get cut we don't take a hit then why not?

That way if Moss acts up or Lamont goes down we won't get hurt...

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

if by toned down you mean hasnt had a run in with the law, then yes. but his antics on the field and in the locker room, hes as big a distraction and quitting on his team, and pointing his finger at people then youre wrong.

when your best offensive player says "why should i want to play, we suck" (paraphrasing) you know theres a big problem...and even bigger problem than not scoring is moss and his attitude. why do you think oak is thinking of cutting him? he has all world talent....last time i checked a team doesnt drop a player of his athetic calibur because he plays tough, gives it everything he has, and is a good example in the locker room.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Meh, you guys get all hard on Moss for taking a play off here and there, but the entire Jets offense has taken off the Jaguars, Browns and Bills games already this season, so Moss would actually raise the intensity level apparently. Again, other players take plays off and teams come out flat, Moss just made it obvious. I'm sure Chad will let him know not to do that, so again, not a problem.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is the only quote I can think of reading after that nonsense above:

"You know Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... ."

Sorry I had to chop the last part of the quote because it certainly did not apply.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

There's a huge difference between a team coming out flat, which happens to every team at least once but usually a few times per season, and straight out purposely tanking plays... Moss is an admitted play tanker and shouldn't even be allowed in the tri state area in the off season unless he's meeting with the Giants...

9. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Here's a name for you

MICHAEL TURNER

thats the only RB the jets need to look at

10. lightning

lightning Active Member

Definately, i realize it's hard to help out that offensive line over there, but he doesn't even put forth an effort to help brooks.

11. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Pennington dosent have the arm to take advantage of Moss's abilities.

12. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

#52 vinsjets, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Pennington has not yet been named the starting quarterback of the 2007 Jets.

14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Why does everyone like Turner so much he had on good game against a titans defense hopefully the giants pick up in the offseason and dont take Lynch in the draft.

15. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Moss-Its up to Chad 100%. If Chad wants him and thinks he can handle him because they already have a relationship then fine...sign him up.

Jordan-I guess it wouldn't be terribile but i wouldn't really want it. I think we have some guys on the roster that can produce and Jordans really never done anything as a starter.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'd prefer the 2007 backfield to be:
    Leon Washington
    Cedric Houston
    a rookie selected on the first day
    Ovie Mughelli
    Stacey Tutt

Barlow and Blaylock can be put out to pasture.
    If the Jets were to sign Mughelli, Askew would probably be gone.

I liked Mughelli at Wake Forest. He finally received extended playing time this season and has played great the past few months.

17. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Turner's a beast. He's quick and big. He actually kinda reminds me of Jordan. Except not a douche bag. He's also more explosive than Jordan. I want him on the Jets.

18. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

You know what i cant wait for...when the jets get turner and there are people such as nesquik complaining about it and then after a 1400+ season they will be all over turners game....hmmm kind of like pennington this year. Do some research, watch his moves, see what he brings to the table and then talk about wanting houston and washington.

dont get me wrong i love leon and ive always been a houston supporter for him to be starter but you CANNOT give up on a guy like turner.

19. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

No to both please, the only Raider on offense I would like is Curry because of his diversity

20. Phyr

Phyr Member

If we don't draft a day one running back, I would love to have Turner. However with two second round picks, if Irons or Bush falls to us, I would be hard pressed not to pick them.