Chris Russo Hates, I mean HATES the Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Dec 9, 2006.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

They do not HATE the Jets. Believe it or not, their topics, a lot of the time, are driven by the topics callers have called in on.

Zito was a big deal... everyone thought the mets were getting him. That also was RUs FIRST EVER BOWL WIN.. (aka big deal). Now it would have been nice if they split Giants/Jets talkm, but guess what? They have many more Giants listeners, and MORE PEOPLE LIKE A TRAINWRECK!

2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Why even bother listening to the show...?

Fok Fatcessa and the FagDog.

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

College football isn't a blip on the radar in the tri state area, they want to hype the heck out of rutgers...nobody cares.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

When the only local D1 program wins their first bowl game ever, a lot of people come out of the woodwork to talk about. Heck, I didn't even go to RU and I would have wanted to talk about it today if I listened.

5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I know that they get many more Giants than Jets calls. One of the days they were having trouble talking about the Jets because there were absolutely no calls about the Jets.

6. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I was listening today as well. And while I agree with you, it simply comes down to the fact that they don't think the Jets are a relevant topic. If you don't agree with that, you should just not listen to M&MD. Make them irrelevant in your life.

I myself know how they operate, so I can deal.

But the above posters are also correct, Benigno and Roberts didn't even spend much time talking about the Jets today.

Although Benigno is usually where you go when you do want to hear Jets talk along with Somers and Mike & Mike.

I will give Francesa this - while the Mad Weasel tried to say that the Jets would be "tight" in this game, Mike was absolutely adamant that there would be a "party" this Sunday at the Meadowlands. He said it numerous times and even picked the Jets and the 12.5 points for his weekly predictions.

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Unfortunately they are really the only sports talk worth listening too... but as far as today goes Zito was a huge story as was Rutgers... and listening to two flag waving Giants fans cry about how bad their team is never gets old to me... Russo felt spurned because the Jets fired him from the pre game show he did with Riggins and Simms after the 98 season but in 04 the did give the Jets a ton of coverage during the playoffs... I imagine if we get by Oakland they'll do the same this year

8. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Is that right? Well good for the Jets! It's always personal with those two clowns

9. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Everything was great about that season except having to watch that dope before every game... I'll never forget the show before the Denver game they were all wearing a tux... Russo looked like the ring boy at his aunts wedding... total assclown

10. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

It's not right. They were paid and hired by CBS, not NYJ.

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

You may be right about it being a CBS call however I noticed his attitude change, not so much Mike till after Parcells left, after that season. He seemed to take pleasure in the Vinny injury/Rick Mirer debacle.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I dont think they hate the Jets. I think that Russo doesnt give them enough credit but i dont think he dislikes the Jets as much as he dislikes the Mets and Yankees. But Francessa has supported the Jets for the most part this year.

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

The Daily News and Post aren't much better... Even on Tuesday, after our huge win, and a Giants free Monday, we nabbed the back page, but the sports section was predominantly Giants in both.. I save the papers after big wins, because that's the only time we're ever the feature on the back page.. If I were a Giants fan, I'd keep the papers after 12-14 games a year....

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

They love misery... any team, any time.

15. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Except for the Giants... the cry along with the fans when things go wrong for that team..

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i lived down in florida for a few year, and really got into college football. up here we get spoiled with a shitload of pro teams, but college football is awesome!

even though a bunch of the rutgers fans are johnny come latelys, im glad that NCAA football is getting more respect around here. hopefully a good program will help get it a little more exposure here in the tri state area. im doubtful though....

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

he would never shut upabout how he and parcells were friends. it made me insane. i hate the both of those assholes.

18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Yeah, he still goes on about Parcells in Dallas... During the pre season Mike was acting like an expert on the Cowboys and the Parcells - T.O. battle. On the other hand Mike is more supportive of the Jets mainly because Mangini is a "Parcells Guy" and wants anyone related to him to do well... except of Billi because there's bad blood between the the two (Bill & Bill)

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That is completely untrue, they are the ones who drive the discussions. They screeen out calls to talk about what they want to talk about, it's not caller driven topics .

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

100% false. I've seen them bash the giants as well.