Off season FA: LaMont Jordan and Randy Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NEJets, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Moss is a no brainer NO, no need for the aggravation when we already have a solid group of Wrs and his skills are declining.

Jordan sounds nice but I see the Jets making a major push for Turner,, if they can't get him than maybe but I would bet Turner is the first choice..

2. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

We are set with Coles and Cotch so no to Randy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan back in green and white. He and Washington would make a great 1-2 punch.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

This team is built on the concept of one team no individual stars. So why in the hell would Tangini bring in the Vice President of the It's All About Me Wide Receiver Alliance? It's NEVER gonna happen and silly to even debate IMO.

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

1. Why are we talking like its the off season?
    2. We have all the wr we need in coles and cotchery

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

with dwight likely gone, and jmacs maybe/maybe not return, who do you think will be the 3rd wr? do you think they would put brad smith in that role?

on a side note, what happened to matt jones for jax? is he playing or what? i havent seen anything on him the last few weeks.

6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer's offense relies heavily on wide receivers blocking, which rules Moss out.

Jordan is one of those guys that everyone keeps saying year in and year out is going to have a breakout year and never does. Running backs don't peak at 29.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i wouuld never take lamont back.. he has shown nothing more than to be avg rb.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

and chad is also on of moss's few bestfriends so i anyone ca get moss to get his shit together chad can.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He's doing just fine. He has scored touchdowns in four of the last five Jaguars games. Barring injury, he's going to be a good player in the league for a number of years.

10. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

11. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

I love Coles and Cotchery but I wouldn't hesitate to look at Randy Moss. He's toned down his act since he left Minnesota and there is no question that the talent is there.

12. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

He hasn't toned down his act one bit, unless by "his act" you mean his performance on the field. Randy Moss is a walking disaster.

13. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

why is every one talking about getting randy moss?????

we have one of the best recieving corps in the league coles + cotchery

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I wouldnt have a problem with them going after Lamont Jordan. But not if he wants a big contract.

15. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

No to Randy Moss. But I might rethink Lamont Jordan. If we can get him back at a reasonable price then I think we should bring him back.

16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

draft a rb or sign turner.. do not waste money on a average at best rb in jordan. this doesnt add a gamebeaker to our offense which we desprately need.

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Jordan could be a perfect platoon back with Leon next year. I'd definetly give him a chance to win the full out starting job, but wouldn't just hand it to him. I think he'd be better suited to split carries with Leon since they're pretty opposite backs but both great at their specific talent (Leon-speed, Lamont-power). I wouldn't give him a big contract though, and if he demanded to be a starter I think I'd rather get Turner to be an every-down back.

18. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Because, it wouldn't be an official offseason without any Randy Moss to the Jets talk.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Two hell no's........ Both are not Mangini type players.

1.) Moss needs no explanation why.

2.) I know every one loves Jordan because he was here already.......

However, he is known not to study the play-book, miss assignments etc, which brings into question character. By character I do not mean getting arrested doing stupid things, I mean the type of unremitting football is everything attitude that this FO is looking for. Really we have more pressing needs this offseason than to bring in another platoon type running back.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No FA runningbacks please. Time to draft a young guy who will be here for a long time.

And a simple no to Randy Moss. We are set with Coles and Cotchery.