Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Trent Dilfer is the king of hyping up kids who attend his QB camp, he does it every single year. He might literally be the worst example of the bunch. These quotes are meaningless.

The same types of quotes were brought up to defend Wilson from his "character concerns" and they were (rightfully) dismissed by others.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not Rosen.

3. REVISion

He was too busy calling Tua the best QB prospect he's ever seen.

legler82 likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you particularly? no. But i see the same pattern from 2018 coming with 1 side pro this QB and 1 side pro that QB and a bunch of nonsense back and forth instead of an actual discussion and it's unnecessary. like the person I quoted below who tried to make it a race thing

you say that like it's fact but it's not. there is always someone better to unseat the incumbent. If fields blew them away they would have made the switch. college football has high turnover. they are used to players coming and going all the time. nobody stays for more then a few years. 4 if your lucky max but many only 3. They don't stick with players out of loyalty. the put players out who give them the best chance to win

5. REVISion

Honestly guys, I can respect differing opinions but I can't respect double standards.

With Wilson's "character concerns" it was all "well where there's smoke there's fire, we can't dismiss the claims" and there was dismissal of glowing quotes about him from coaches and teammates.

With Fields' "character concerns" it's all "this flies in the face of everything else we've heard about him!" followed by trotting out quotes by coaches as defense against the claims.

Come on.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There is a lot of smoke that's blowing, a lot of misdirection. When Wilson was getting up the draft boards, there was anonymous bogus report about some character issues. Now Fields kicked ass on his Pro Day, there are reports about some character issues with him. It's all clearly BS. I don't think anyone here is slandering Fields.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I was more so referring to how Fields went from QB2 to QB 4-5 on some boards. He's truly being over analyzed.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn't make it a race thing. I pointed out your ignorant comparison based on race when you compared a massive 250 pound statue style pocket passer to a quarterback who just ran a 4.5. Then you just tried to play the uno reverse card and call me a racist.

You don't even realize what you did. You can see how someone would question your comparison considering the players are nothing alike.

And you made that comparison while also suggesting that Fields should run in a similar offense to Cam Newton. Lol.

And no. Fields who had never played a game and came in as a freshman was not unseating a guy who barely lost the National Championship to the best program in the sports history. Sorry.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

They're two completely different critiques though. One questions behind the scenes while one questions leadership and personal relationship skills with a teammate. I can visibly understand one based on personality traits through public interviews. I can't visibly understand the other because it refers to habits that are not in the public eye.

In all honesty, I'm bias and all because I only think their are two franchise quarterbacks in this draft. So I am certainly exaggerating the Wilson report. It might be more of the fact that I do not believe Wilson will be a good leader (even though he could be a great kid) while I think the other two will be.

IIMeanDeanII and REVISion like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Nuff said.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

You too bud. I think some prospects will be good and I don't think others will be. I don't think you 'settle' at the quarterback position and I also believe competition matters a lot more than many of you at this particular position. I'll stand by those convictions.

You want one, but also like most of the others as well. That's cool. I'll root to be wrong if we draft one I do not think will be good.

12. legler82

#PassiveAggressiveHitJob

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it had 0 to do with speed. nobodys speed at QB compares to fields except jackson and jackson is a completely different style of QB.
    and yes fields would be best in a cam newton RPO style offense.

I get it your a fields fan. but your way overhyping his skill set, which is fine to do as a fan, but no reason to get pissy at others for being objective about him

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What if Darnold becomes a stud QB with a new Offensive system, coaching and players?
    That would add a lot more value than a G (although we desperately need 2 G's also).

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I suppose if there is a player they love that slid, a draft day trade could be a possibility.

But then they are left with a rookie and Morgan as the only two QBs rostered, which means the rookie is starting Day 1 ready or not without even having to compete?

Personally, I'd keep Darnold and let him, the rookie and Morgan all compete.
    I don't care who drafted who, or where they were drafted.
    Let them all compete, and start the best one....just like any other position.

16. legler82

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The whole argument based on where the QB played in college is nonsense, or maybe superstition. If there was any validity to that there would be no question at all that the pick would have to be Mac Jones.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Quick thoughts:

1. I wish I had become a 49'ers fan when I was a kid. How much more enjoyable my football experience would've been!
    2. Rosenfels apparently knows more about Fields, and not very much about Wilson.
    3. At about the 22:30 mark he makes a comment about how good coaches take into account how their QB thinks and processes information, and builds a system to maximize that - OMG! How absolutely the opposite of Gase!

I'll watch the rest of this later, but wanted to make these comments before I forgot.

19. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree. Mac Jones reminds me of Chad Pennington who had a poor arm but was great at the dink and dunk. Fields obviously has the best all around pedigree but sometimes that is not enough. The bottom line is only around 30% of these 1st round QBs make it and that is why maybe best to just trade down and get a boat load of draft picks.

Kryoptix likes this.
  20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree. I evaluate the tape, not Pro Bowls. Landry is a solid slot receiver. AJ Brown needs to clean up his drops, but has legit Terrell Ownes type talent. They’re not even comparable players. Every GM in the league would take him over Beckham as well, who hasn’t been a top 3 receiver in several years now.