Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Garappolo does suck, but he was a "winner" both with New England and in SF.
    Just goes to show you the system and supporting cast is crucial to success.

I just hope NE does not get Lance.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

No I didn’t. He said he and I knew why Jimmy was getting released. Since I have know idea and he knew what I knew, I asked him.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I doubt they draft a QB. Belichick is a selfish man and he knows he only got a couple years left coaching, he doesnt want to waste it trying to deal with a rookie

4. legler82

FTR I bring up Jimmy G as an example of how a prospect can be overvalued because they have a quick release. I never understood the attraction w/ him since the 2014 draft.

5. BacktoQueens

I'm not sure anything can make that stealth black look good :p

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this post. Coastal Carolina wasn't undefeated during the regular season for no reason, and just barely lost their bowl game. Their defense was very good and they were pressuring Wilson the whole game. Costal Carolina was at home and BYU had to travel cross country, got in late, and their players got little rest. That kind of thing happens all the time in collegiate and professional sports. The team that travels frequently doesn't play that well due to fatigue and time zone differences.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

For the Jets it seems to be between Fields and Wilson, I suspect leaning Wilson. 9ers are seriously considering Mac, given Shanahan came to his Pro Day and not Fields'. Did Mac's shitting the bed on deep balls today change anything though?

8. BacktoQueens

He went to a perfect situation in NE, won a few games, and then the overrating and projections just skyrocketed.
    Nothing drives me more crazy than looking at W/L's as if it's a QB stat.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree. They should have went with a carbon gray color or something.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, CC has a pretty good defense, but in any case, Wilson had some passes dropped and some bad calls against him (it was a CC home game). He had a TD called back because of holding, but it was a great throw. The INT at the half on the Hail Mary should've been a PI - the DB was pulling the receiver back into the EZ with the ball in the air. And the pass at the end was great, unfortunately the receiver couldn't fall into the EZ.

It was a game that showed me he doesn't fold under adversity. Does it "prove" he's going to be great? No, but it ticked a lot of boxes for me.

Borat likes this.
  11. legler82

He sucks but he has a quick release though.
    [​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma and BacktoQueens like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

boozer32, K'OB, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

The 9ers also went to Lance's Pro Day, and the announcers were suggesting today they may request a 'bonus' Pro Day from Fields.
    fwiw.

Borat likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Neither had Texas Tech before Mahomes, Clemson before Watson, etc. This is a silly reason not to take a quarterback from a certain programs except USC. Those Southern Cal boys can't cut it.

NCJetsfan, KurtTheJetsFan and Borat like this.
  15. legler82

W/L IMO should matter only to the team the QB is doing the winning with. Outsiders shouldn’t put too much stock into it as it’s not always transferable.

FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not just that, but Zach played a good game there. INT came off Hail Mary pass. Scored a passing TD and another passing TD taken away on a technicality, plenty of drops. Yes, they came up short by a yard, but Zach put up a good performance, just like he did in every single game.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. BacktoQueens

Not only is it not transferable, the W/L is a team and coaching effort, and not a direct reflection of the QB either way.

legler82 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You are totally mistaken if you truly think that. His mechanics are solid. His accuracy is the best in the class. He has a strong arm. He is smart, studies film, and has a desire to be the best he can be. He can read Ds and go through his progressions. He moves safeties with his eyes. He can throw from any angle and off platform. He is the safest QB in this class, bar none. He has the highest floor. There is no way he flops. The only way he doesn't have a great NFL career is if he gets injured, which is a concern, but not enough to not draft him.

He will not flop, and if he does get injured, that doesn't make him a flop. Your logic is severely flawed.

If you think his mechanics aren't good then you don't know what you're looking at when you watch QBs. Every single analysis and comment about him is that his mechanics are flawless and near perfect. You're discrediting him for the same reasons Mahomes was discredited. I'm sorry that you learned nothing from that.

I'm sorry that you're so irrational about this.

You won't be alone if JD picks the wrong QB. If he takes Fields and we learn that Fields can't go through his reads, and keeps the same attitude that he has now (I don't care what other people think. I'm selfish, I'm gonna do what I want to do and if I believe in my first two receivers, I'm not going to go through my progressesions to receivers 3, 4 and 5.) Yeah that sounds real coachable. That totally turned me off, as does the attitude of you Fields supporters. Most of us who favor Wilson, can see the positives in Fields and are willing to root for Fields if he is the pick, but not you Fields supporters you all have chips on your shoulders, make snide comments. I could wind up rooting against Fields because of you guys' attitudes.

#598 NCJetsfan, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  19. legler82

I think in a situation where there is sustainable winning w/ what one would deem a mediocre or below QB it’s the QB in conjunction with the team & coaching. Sometimes it’s just a matter of not turning it over.

20. legler82

That was the exact same argument against Mahomes except they expanded to all air raid teams. LOL SMH

NCJetsfan, Borat and KurtTheJetsFan like this.