Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not everyone.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

and dorsey canned him. then he had kitchens who was actually pretty good but got canned too. now he has stefanski who does a great job hiding him behind the run game like tennesee does for their offense. but tenn is nowhere near as talented around tannehill then cleveland is around baker

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Two black quarterbacks are always similar because they're black.

They are literally nothing alike.

Snatch Catch and legler82 like this.
  4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

And I’m saying Baker may just be coming into his own. He played very well 2nd half of last year. And I love how everyone forgets how good he was rookie year. I’ve been wrong before and so have you.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Other than OL, Titans are on par or better than Cleveland. Def better at WR, on par or better at RB. On par at TE

barfolomew likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Still not talking about Baker again I see.

I know you blocked me but everybody else can read it :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think It will be a mistake If we pass on Fields. I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again.

..but

I'm so sure about this kid. There is a reason for his productive nature, his character Is top notch, he's extremely gifted physically for the position, he is accurate, and very consistent. Going against much better teams as well.

I could break him down even further and I have. I'm telling us though. This isn't biased drivel from me, I think this kid is going to be special. Im all in on him.

I'm terrified we are going to pick the one year wonder, Covid edition, and he flops. While Fields turns into an all star.

Hopefully they both do but I don't get that same feeling at all with, Wilson. I just don't and I've watched almost all of his games.

Can't wait for it to all be over.

8. GasedAndConfused

they are both tough and good leaders but don't process the field well and have long wind ups but big arms. nothing to do with being black. stop being an ass
    he could get better for sure. only played 3 years and hasn't been awful by any means. just decent. allen and jackson already are playing at a high level though. if cleveland drafts josh allen they would be going for a SB. baker hasn't shown he can get a team over the hump. i'd say at this point he's jared goff. not as bad as trubisky though. either way i'm over baker. IDK why you guys always bring him into everything. i don't care about the browns or their QB. i'm more focused on the jets fixing their situation. I'd happily take baker as my QB if I could get the whole browns roster with it. our roster needs serious help and that's the main point of the offseason
    browns are way better at WR then the titans are and o-line, and TE, and Defense. only thing comparable is chubb and henry are both elite and aj brown is close to landry. the rest is way slanted to the browns

9. GasedAndConfused

how many gifted players fail despite being good character? fields has a lot of flaws in his game for the pro level. he could fix them and be good but he's not a sure thing. nobody is a sure thing. it doens't exist but coming into the NFL there is a reason he may be the 3rd to 5th QB taken.

I like fields though as a player. wish him well as long as he doens't go to a rival. don't want him on the jets though

10. legler82

I don’t “like” players with “a lot of flaws”.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stop making lazy comparisons based on skin color. You've now compared him to two completely different players in Cam Newton and Byron Leftwich with only a singular commonality between them.

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I really don't want to turn this into a Baker Mayfield thread but Baker is already a hell of a lot better QB than Sanchez ever was.

PJ4Ever and jilozzo like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

question for ya. You have a reputation here as the TGG expert on QBs and thats cool and all. And usually you pick a guy or guy(s) that you like above the others. But is there ever a year where you are like "meh, these guys aren't that good this year"?

Brook! likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Fields is nothin like those guys lol. Those guys aren't even like each other

15. legler82

I thought the 2018 class was overrated. I ultimately settled on Allen. I like this group more.

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's just another opportunity to see a player perform. Not as important as a real game, but a data point nevertheless. Though there are no defenses to read, the pressure to perform is still high, because you are pretty much expected to do well, and teams that will be drafting you are watching. For Zach it was an opportunity to reinforce the fact he has a big arm and can make great off platform throws, show his accuracy for these who doubted some of these traits. He did it. Fields also showed accuracy and arm strength well, which he has throughout the year. Jones wanted to show that he has a big arm too, and failed to do so, was very inconsistent on deep ball. Now, we did know while he has a solid arm, he is very accurate in mid range game, he does not have a big arm, and he kind of reinforced that. He was quite accurate on intermediate throws, but deep ball is not his strength at the moment.

So, really, to me, all of these guys reinforced what I already knew about them. I don't think Jones stock goes down. The truth is, if you want a QB who throws an accurate deep ball, Mac currently is not it. His strengths are great reading and processing defenses, excellent accurate short/mid range game, and he does have a solid, but not elite arm strength. He can occasionally throw deep ball too, but that is not his strength. He didn't show it throughout the season, and failed again on Pro Day. Is this enough for SF to draft him #3 overall. Maybe. I would go with Fields as #3, but still think Mac can ball and don't want to see him go to AFC East.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

Why? I like sam as a player and teammate. it just didn't work out. I also hate brady as a player but respect his talent and his accomplishments. you can dislike a good player and like a bad player
    I also said his film reminds me of mayfield. and I didn't compare him to cam, I said he needed the same system as cam. so again cut the shit. it only makes you look racist. nobody else here thought about or cared about skin color but you buddy

18. BrowningNagle

last year's group: Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love.... better or worse than this years group?

19. GasedAndConfused

yes he is but baker being brought into this is pointless and IDK why people here have such a hard on for the guy who is at best the 3rd best QB taken in his draft class lol.

20. GasedAndConfused

draftwise or knowing what we know now? burrow and herbert are already studs