Off season FA: LaMont Jordan and Randy Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NEJets, Dec 29, 2006.

1. NEJets

NEJets Member

2. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

No way with Randy Moss, although you will find others who disagree and Lamont Jordan would probably demand too large a contract but I would definitly look at him

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

no moss. signing moss is like signing TO...a disaster.

lamont....depends....reallydepends on how healthy and how cheap he is. im sure there will be a better alternative. i loved lamont when he was here, but hes got another 3 years on him now...he could replace barlow.

4. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Jordan burned his bridges in NY. No way we want him now, plus isn't he hurt anyway?

5. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

I do think Moss could be turned around here. The Jets will give him a situation in which he will be motivated and happy--an on-the-rise team, a quarterback he is familiar with and likes. As far as Jordan goes, he'll probably want way too much and Houston can probably come close to his production--pass.

6. _AG_

_AG_ New Member

Jordan will be 29 next year and Moss will be 30. No thanks.

7. GreenMachine

Coles will be 30. should we dump him?

8. _AG_

_AG_ New Member

Coles is already signed. If you're going to go after someone new and pay top dollar, you should go after someone who has the potential to be effective for 5+ more years.

9. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

No, I wouldn't sign either, but in my Madden game I'm doing a Jets franchise and signed Lamont as an FA. My Jets backs are Jordan, Houston, and Willie Parker

11. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

nobody can turn around the mess of a human being named randy moss. hes a PoS with zero heart and all world talent. he can turn it around elsewhere. too much risk onvolved with putting him into a jets uni.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Moss is cancer... Lamont I would welcome back with open arms

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Moss- no. Too weird.

Jordan to be a feature back- no.

Jordan to be a backup- okay.

14. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Lamont deserves a careful, careful look. I'm inclined to tentatively say no, but if his disasterous Raiders career contributes to a cheap price with a short contract (say, two years) he may give the Jets alot of flexibility in the draft and accelerate plans to contend for a championship.

Randy Moss is an unamiguous no.

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

look, randy moss is an amazingly talented receiver... when he wants to be. Id love to have a guy with his talent back with Pennington....but randy moss is worse then T.O. IMO when it comes to off the field issues....and he also has more on the field problems... screw him and his wasted talent...selfish prick.

16. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

screw Jordan...he doesn't even read blocks...he admitted to that.

17. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

are you kidding.. randy moss might be the most talented reciever in the nfl. hes playing on by far the worst offense in the league, so what do you expect? sure maybe hes had a bad attitude towards the team, but at 2-13 being a player with so much proven potential, what else is there to do? randy moss will not be on the raiders next year, thats a definite. put him on a halfway decent team and his numbers will be right up there with any of the other top 5 wrs.

im not saying im sure i want him on the jets, i dont think that the jets would make a move for him unless it was for cheap as hell and it wasnt interfering with the other priorities have in the offseason. all im saying is hes by no means a mess of a human being, the raiders are a mess of a team, and if you put him somewhere else no one will be saying that next year.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i was reading this thinking "very true"....then my eyes drifted left, and i laughed my balls off. good avatar.

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Why? Why would we want Moss? After what we have and what he's doing give me one good reason. The answer is no. We should not sign him. Will will not sign him. We will never sign him. It will never happen.

As for Lamont... I have to say no again. We have alot of talent as it is and if we do decide to look elsewhere it will be someone more proven like Portis. Or we just try the draft again.

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i stopped reading at the end of the bold words. it doesnt take a great player to play his ass off on or for a good team. it takes a great player to perform, and give it his all on a bad team. it takes dedication, heart, and talent. too bad he only has 1/3 of that. i hope he rots on shitty teams until the end of his career. thats what he has earned. he hasnt earned the right to wear a jets uni...not now, not ever.

EDIT: i just read the rest of the post. he is a mess of a human being. have you paid attention to all his off field issues? HE IS A MESS. and the fact that he plays when he wants...do you really think that would fly with mangini? if parcells cant corral TO, what makes you think mangini could get RM under control?

#20 KOWIE, Dec 29, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006