Zach Wilson Pro Day. Special on NFL network at 1 PM ET

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 25, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don’t dislike him. I like Fields more. In terms of concerns I have nothing that haven’t already been mentioned: frame, body of work, injuries, character smoke, can fall in love w/ throwing off platform when not needed...etc. No prospect is perfect.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Picks are really important but so is having a good QB. We have a pretty good number of picks already and we for sure don't have a QB at present. Taking a QB at #2 is a no brainer.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  3. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

We have 4 picks in the top 66. I believe out GM with a scouting background gets 4 starters with those picks. A “crap shoot” implies it’s all luck. Talent evaluation isn’t all luck.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Probably my biggest concern about him outside of the careless throws to show off his creativity.

Yankjetfan and legler82 like this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Cutler/Darnold syndrome.

Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Correct, the Jets started the rebuild last year with Joe Douglas first draft, Jets did not choose a QB with their first round pick either.

In year 2 of their rebuild the Dolphins drafted Tua, guess what the Jets are doing in year 2 of their rebuild? They are drafting their FQB.

The Dolphins are in year 3 of their rebuild, the Jets are in their 2nd year, it’s only Joe Douglas second draft.

Next year Jets can trade back from their 1st round pick because they would have drafted Wilson and have no need to address the QB position.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wilson looked good today, but the 49ers trade has locked in Wilson to the Jets more than his actual throwing did. Also shows how little Joe Douglas truly thinks of Sam, which surprised me a little.

I like Zach Wilson a lot, but I think I would prefer Sam Darnold, the #12 overall pick, and 2 future 1st round picks.

Douglas turning that down shows he is ALL IN on Wilson. That is fine as long as Wilson is great and Douglas nails his other draft picks in 2021 and future years.

Noam likes this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I actually prefer Fields as well, though I would not be disappointed with Wilson.

9. ZachMFWilson

The price to move to 2 is now 3 1st rounders.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We can call this year two if we want. Doesn't make it true as a rebuild usually starts with the draft after major trading/player moves. The dolphins went 10-6 year 2. Do you expect 10-6?

papapump and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I bet you have never typed the word velocity so much in one afternoon :D:D:D

Brook! and REVISion like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Dolphins also won 5 games before going 10-6, not 2 like us. You are really reaching trying to come up with reasons the Jets shouldn't take a QB at #2.

bicketybam likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the key part and a huge if. What if he can't progress? Last year wasn't too promising, and I am hoping he won't make the leap. Without that, all their picks will probably result in an occasional play-off appearance here and there. You need a great QB to be a consistent contender, and thankfully Miami is not there yet.

14. Have that sinking feeling im going to be extremely unhappy come draft night.

I won’t ruin anyone else’s fun.

Pepsiguy5, IIMeanDeanII and Borat like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What is Sam's cost in '21/22? Lets not forget how money and Sam's Jets career are linked.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is about the Ozzie Newsome rebuild system. Not about wanting a QB. The dolphins won 5 games in year 1 of their rebuild. We are starting year 1 this season.

We cannot pretend we started rebuilding right after the dolphins. We are two years behind them.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I expect Tua to take a step forward. Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick have a mutualistic relationship with each other. In that - neither have had a ton of success without the other. So I think Tua will be better in a different offensive system.

With that being said I don't know anything about their two co-coordinators. I posted this a while back after looking into their weird relationship a bit deeper.

18. ZachMFWilson

$25mm total if we pick up the 5th. Something like $8 and $17mm

Yankjetfan likes this.
  19. ZachMFWilson

I would argue the rebuild started last year with a trade for 2 1sts, a beast of an OT and a solid WR.

REVISion and bicketybam like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Except he actually has a good team already, just a good QB shy.