DEs/Edges

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I like Basham he’s a good player. Good motor, solid frame and gets off the ball quick. Could be there at 34 but has first round talent

2. Rockinz

I liked Rousseau’s tape there just wasn’t enough of it. The opt out hurt him this year and will probably effect his draft stock. BUT the film doesn’t lie. This kid is LEGIT and is going to be a good one. If he slips to 23 I’ll be banging the table for him 100%.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How though? He falls off of his blocker for the sack after 4 seconds when the quarterback steps up right into him because of exterior rush from the other side.

He has upside and I don't think he's some lost prospect with no chance. But he feels like a third round grade to me and more of a project than an instant pass rush like his stats indicate.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Rockinz

You know I’m not a stats guy at all. To me he looks a lot like Clowney when he was coming out. Long player that can play inside and out. He’s has a really quick first step that puts him in a good position. I like his moves too. He’s a first round talent all day for me

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s just another option, he’s a big man. Not sure if they would have him slim down a bit.

A TE will definitely not be able to stop him.

Rockinz and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No of course. But I'm talking about what the production looks like on tape. He doesn't come screaming off the edge. He has a big hesitation when he's close to engaging and doesn't keep his feet moving through the blocker to the quarterback. He sort of stops and reacts to what the QB does.

He's also way too skinny and plays too high to ever play inside in anything other than a NASCAR package with some stunting.

7. Rockinz

He does play a bit high for my liking too I agree there but man that quickness and his ability to get the football loose is special.