Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We really should have made a push especially for this kind of money.

Jets79 and K'OB like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This is a bit of a shock, missing the Gronk/Hernandez days I guess.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

ffs The cheats got Jonnu Smith, arse :(

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. dawinner127

6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

AFC East is going to be the toughest division in football if we’re even close to average

7. dawinner127

The NFC West says hello

Brook! and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

everyJet site is 90% dbags w/ big mouths...

ignore feature is your friend... it leaves the people who make SOME sense and then you can have a conversation

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You could certainly be right that that is what would happen if JD signs another WR, but I think it would be a big mistake on the field and would send the wrong message to the lockerroom.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

IMO, a very solid first day by JD. Obviously he s not done. What’s next? Today may very well determine the direction that JD is heading for QB situation and drafting plans.

I’d still think Watson trade is still in play. But this is what I hope JD does;

JD is def will get a CB or 2 in FA.

Obviously many touch on a OL. This to me is the important and like Austin.

Pepsiguy5 and LAJet like this.
  11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Don't forget the first round WR from a few years back.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Henry too. Arse indeed!

K'OB likes this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I saw that right after I posted, Belicheat is like a kid in a sweet shop.

14. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Hope his teeth rot

King Koopa and mrjet80 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think you have an excellent point about Jarrad Davis being a priority to get into the building since he was the 1st FA they signed. There definitely is a reason. With that being the case, then he isn't a "project-type" player. If he was a "project-type" player, then he wouldn't have been the first player they signed and they wouldn't have signed him to just a one-year contract. The very definition of "project" indicates that it could be a long time before he is ready to contribute at a high level.

They may be thinking of moving on from Mosely. I'm sure that part of them would love to since he hasn't played in nearly two years and aside from one brilliant quarter or half, has not contributed anything for all the money he has made. OTOH, he is or at least was, a great player, although not very fast. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. I do think they have plans for Davis as their coverage LB. I think he probably only wanted to sign a one-year deal to test the waters here and have the opportunity to get paid again next year. If he plays well, I hope they'll be able to extend him.

I love both the Davis and Lawson signings. I think that both will be bigtime contributors to the Jets.

I wanted Thuney, but the Chiefs gave him crazy money and there's no way the Jets should have tried to top that. Besides, he had the opportunity to win more SBs there, and here may have only had 1-2 opportunities down the road to win another here. There's no way that he would have chosen us over the Chiefs. I don't know if there are any other FA OGs that will fit our scheme and that who would be definitely upgrades over Lewis and Van Roten, but I'd be shocked if there aren't. Prices for these others (aside maybe from Gabe Jackson) should be cheaper. I know that Jackson has been a great OG in the NFL, but don't know if he fits our scheme, but if so, he is my top priority in FA now and hope that he is the Jets' as well. If he's not a fit or wants crazy money, then the Jets will have to focus on the draft as the way to fix their OG positions. That would be a disappointment, but JD can't sign players that aren't there in FA.

I was hoping that Guidry could develop into our starting slot CB by the end of this season, but if the Jets feel the need to sign K'waun Williams, then he would be a great signing. I don't know that there are any CBs that are still #1 CBs in FA, but know that at least Peterson, and Bouye are there, though age/injuries may have decimated their abilities or they may want crazy money. Were Shaquill Griffin and Casey Heyward the #1 CB on their teams? If so, they may be possibilities, but if not, don't see the point. Sherman still plays at a high level and loves Saleh, but does he want to sign with us rather than a contender? If so, he may be the best CB signing we can make. This should be the #2 priority imo.

TE should be the #3 priority. Henry and/or Everett should be the targets. Hopefully, we'll sign one of them.

QB will be interesting. If the Jets don't sign a QB, then they're almost certainly going to keep Sam either as the starter or to compete with the rookie. I would think that LaFleur would want either Beathard or Mullens since they know the system and can help the rest of the offense learn the system, but not if they plan on keeping Sam.

I'm curious about FB as well. We don't know if LaFleur will use a FB the same way Shanahan does. If so, does he like Firkser of the Titans, Jakob Johnson of the Pats, or Michael Burton of the Saints?

They could look to sign a SS, another LB, another WR, STs help, or OL depth, but hope they won't sign a RB. I like Jamaal Williams, but there are too many good RBs in this draft that I'd love to see on the Jets, and I think they should re-sign Adams.

#495 NCJetsfan, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN and barfolomew like this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I felt the Jets needed to come away with at least six starters (not all day 1 type signings of course), plus some depth guys in FA.

Almost half way there, right on track.
    Looking for CB, OG, TE and RB help now.

The draft should be about the long term vision, not trying to fill 2021 needs.
    FA will allow them that flexibility in the draft.

FJF and barfolomew like this.
  17. NYGANGGREEN

Henry is a Pat

18. NYGANGGREEN

And Adams is re signed already per a report I read

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s not going to bring him a championship. Brady is gone.

Switching sports look at the Yankees in the later Torre years. They lost a couple WS so they kinda silently panicked, went out and signed everybody under the sun, and fell on their faces. Now when they had that solid core and went out and signed 2 maybe 3 guys to supplement they won all those championships in a row. That’s the proper use of FA for all sports.

Switching back to NE it’s fairly obvious Belicheck is blowing everything up like the spoiled kid on the playground with all the toys. Something will go wrong along the way - this approach doesn’t work in the NFL especially with a shaky QB. Belicheat looks like a narcissistic head case who is pissed off Brady went somewhere else and won without him....

20. NYGANGGREEN

Also reading Sam to Hawks picking up track, amazing if we could fleece them again after the Adams trade. And they must be really thinking hard or almost on the brink of trading Wilson which would be wild hearing Bears making strong push in that regard. Wonder what that does to the Watson end of things

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.