New Jersey Devils 2021 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by roboz08, Jan 20, 2021.

1. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

This is the place to discuss all things relating to Jersey's team. I'll start off by saying unashamedly HOW NICE WAS IT TO BEAT THOSE BITCHASS RANGERS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 penalites, 50 shots against and STILL came out of it with that George Dubya!

Lets keep this going...

2. roboz08

Welp I guess we don't have a lot of Devils fans on this board

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Don't give up keep posting, 80% of the posts in the Rangers thread are mine, it's like talking to yourself

roboz08 likes this.
  4. roboz08

Seems like nearly half the Devils team got the Rona and as a result the season has come to a screeching halt. Ruh Roh.

5. matt robinson 17

10 players under the protocol?

6. roboz08

At least. I read somewhere yesterday that it was as many as 17 players

7. matt robinson 17

Wow

8. roboz08

Devils beat the Rangers again!!!

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

"Fake" Devil's fan here. @roboz08 I was a big hockey fan before the lockout and into the early 2010's. I've followed here and there since then but am finally watching hockey again. Too bad they're brutal this year.

10. roboz08

They are atrocious this year for sure. Silver lining is that they have some real good young prospects, and you can also make some coin betting on them to score less than 3.5 goals a night. Jack Hughes and Ty Smith are legit and Blackwood appears to be an above-average goaltender. Much like the Jets, it's going to take a couple 2-3 seasons before they are really really good again.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How about those young Devils last night? The Caps come out and dominate, take a 3-0 lead, then a 4-1 lead in the 3rd and completely hit the brakes.

New Jersey storms back using all their speed and effort and tied the game 4-4. I really thought the Capitals were about to lose in regulation. Huge meltdown.

Luckily Vrana found a way to get open in OT and get the win for the Caps 5-4, but I was really impressed with the Devils.

They have a bright future and are so young and fast. They are going to keep getting better and better.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nice win tonight that they tried to give away. Man they're fast and talented but so raw. Simple offensive zone passes between defensive men off the mark and a lot of sloppy play, but they do it at 150 MPH. It's fun to watch because you can tell they're all learning each other and just figuring out like rollerblading for the first time.

I flipped it off at 4-1 in the 3rd and checked the box score to see they almost blew it.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Just checked NHL Standings and Devils are top team in the standings for Metropolitan division after 9 games. Are they expected to make playoffs this year or no?

14. Brook!

Not a hockey guy and not a Devils fan. But looks like Devils are the most successful tri state area team this season. Why no love for this team?

15. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

As a Devils fan, I think they're getting plenty of love and respect from the hockey media and other teams. It's taken nearly a decade of bad to mediocre hockey (save for one season), some draft lottery luck, and a return to competent goaltending, but everything seems to have come together nicely… and most importantly, the success is coming from a young core that should be together for a long time. Jack Hughes is a superstar.

All that said, it's early December, and it's easy for the Devils to be an afterthought in this area when both the Jets and Giants are making playoff pushes, and the Mets and Yankees' offseasons are dominated by Judge/deGrom/other major signings. Should be getting plenty of attention in the winter if they can maintain their level of play.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

Thanks Aero. I meant on this board not in general. Not listening to Sports Radio and don't watch any sports programs outside live games. :)