Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol here you go again posting. It just amazing how butt hurt people here get when nobody kisses their ass.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dont go against the mindless mob. Just agree or youre an idiot. Just make shit up or pick random stats and isolate them. Dont make sense or be logic that never flies on this board.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't think Gase was as awful an offensive mind as is consensus. He was an awful head coach, that's for sure. Terrible leadership qualities and communication skills. He's had competent offenses in the past, though. I truly think the offense was largely terrible because of Darnold. It's hard to overcome having the worst QB in a pass-dominant league and the offense suddenly had life whenever Flacco was in.

I don't think the absence of Gase would supersede the Panthers, Dolphins, Broncos and 49ers all having significantly more talent on offense than us.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, we best leave it there then because man he was fucking terrible, sorry.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I just haven't picked a rabbit hole and climbed down it 500 feet like many posters on here. I can still see the pros and cons of all 3 options. tbh

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

College has nothing to do with Canton.
    His completion % is comparable to Bridgewater and Cousins, and no one is talking them up for HOF.
    When he can do it for 20 years like Brees, even 10 for that matter, then maybe that talk can start.
    He's 155th in career yds, 131st in TD's, no MVPs, and no 1st team All Pros.
    Pump the brakes. It's been a great start to what could be a great NFL career, but thus far he hasn't been able to rise the tide in a less than ideal situation.
    That situation here would possibly be even worse.

If we dump 4 1st round picks plus players, and assume his contract, it will limit what we can do on a team that needs everything.
    The draft is a crap shoot, and you guys seem to be banking on Douglas hitting on every pick.
    It doesn't work that way. We need more picks, not less.

I almost want Miami to drop 4 1st rounders plus some players on him, as they will plateau real quick.

Br4d and azhar80 like this.
  7. K'OB

Again that is fine and dandy but it isn't really what you put the other day is it?
    Surely you see that it was a bit odd really.
    Also, not sure I have climbed 500 feet down a rabbit hole either tbh.
    I mean I can see that trading for a top QB like Watson is a good think as long as we don't over pay, I can also see that this guy is a good QB despite him only winning 4 games something you were struggling with yesterday.
    I don't particularly like any of the rookie QBs so much doubt surrounds them all, it is intriguing to think Darnold might improve in this new system but that is another risk not quite as big as blowing the #2 the least risky option is Watson, he has shown everybody he is a high class QB. Something we have not had for a long long time. Get him then trust JD to build the rest of the squad.

Exactly the same if he drafts a rookie, we still need others to help the QB be it OL D or WR

8. K'OB

Now why don't you take a turn to pump your brakes and stop with the dumping 4 1sts and players talk.

That is not going to happen, it is a Texan's reporters fantasy trade deal and that is it.

Do you really see JD handing Q over in a trade deal on top of the 1's?

Out of interest is it too early for people to say Mahomes is on the road to the HOF, they are on the road but still with a long way to travel, it is a bit different than saying they are nailed on certs to be HOF guys but they have started off very well indeed.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While I agree it is too early for the Canton talk, do not compare Watson to Mahomes.
    One is a MVP, Super Bowl MVP and First team All Pro in his short career.
    Those carry a lot of weight in the HOF process.

On another note I cannot believe how many really think we are getting Watson, not gonna happen.

azhar80 and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. BacktoQueens

I don't think it will happen either, but we have 7 people in the poll that voted for 4 1sts, and others posting some lofty trade proposals including Q and/or Darnold on top.
    There's also 35 votes to deal the #2 plus 2 more 1sts, which in my book is equal to at least 4 1sts because of the value of the #2.
    That's just way too much imo.

In terms of Mahomes, he's won a league MVP, All-Pro, Super Bowl MVP, and has broken some early records already.
    He's on another level so far.
    Remember the Chiefs drought was as long as the Jets. He'll forever be a legend in KC, as any QB would be here.

K'OB likes this.
  11. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

his win, and how he won, over Alabama as a 21 year old against a defense w 10 nfl players shows he can handle the pressure of a big game.

no one suggested his numbers today would get him into the hall of fame. I said he’s on pace, you listed counting stats. His completion percentage is the highest among all qbs ever.

I’ve never said the Jets should send 4 1st round picks or any players for Watson.

his cap hit will be less than every starting qb that signs a long term contract until his deal is over, and the last 2 years are 1 year team options.

the fact that the draft is a crap shoot is a reason to trade for Watson. He’s a known top 5 25 year old qb. Zach Wilson, #34, ‘22 1st, and ‘23 1st are likely to add up to what, 5 pro bowl seasons total?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. BacktoQueens

Your HOF rationale is based on completion %, which is based on the avg of a very small sample size.
    That is a counting stat btw, which is why I pointed out where he ranks on other lists for perspective.
    Should we be talking Bridgewater in Canton? Of course not.
    HOF talk is silly, that was my point.

In terms of draft picks, we will need more picks not less, as Douglas has stripped this team down to bare bones.

How much would you like Douglas to offer for Watson?
    I wouldn't mind the #2 plus another 1st, but that's it.
    That's an immense amount of draft capital based on the value of the #2.

azhar80 likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Truth be known I believe we were always the worst team talent wise, strength of schedule be damned. We were so bad, we even fucked up were it counted the most...blowing the first pick.

#833 LAJet, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    REVISion likes this.
  14. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

It’s not just based off completion percentage, which is not a counting stat, it’s a rate stat. Completions per attempt, not completions, as in miles per hour, not miles driven. What qb had more yards, touchdowns, rushing yards, tds, division titles, fewer interceptions, higher completion % and qb rating, by age 25 and not made the hall of fame? 3.5 years into his career, he’s on a hall of fame pace. Comparing him to bridgewater is ridiculous.

#3, #34, ‘22 1st, ‘23 1st still gives the Jets more than 1 pick in each round of the next 2 drafts plus the cap room to build around Watson. The increase in his cap hit will be covered by dead cap hits coming off the books and the increase in the salary cap. His cap hit will be lower than any qbs that signs a contract until his deal is up

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Seriously, Dude? Why go into the "Watson is bad" thing? I never claimed you said that - you're just making stuff up now because you've been exposed. You make up more than enough bullshit that no one here needs to put words in your mouth to prove how off you are.

Watson did not "finish 16th in total points scored," his team did. That's not what adults do, it's what kids trying to make a point say when all else fails.

Don't tell me what I said about Douglas filling out the roster because I never said such a thing - more artificial bullshit you've created. It's incredible that you're falsely accusing me of doing exactly what you're actually doing.

Free agents coming to New York belong in another thread unless you're talking about Watson; focus, man, focus. Stop throwing red herrings (like Robby Anderson) around, your whole train of thought stinks.

The price will be high? Other teams will be looking to land Watson? Really? Thank you, Captain Obvious.

"Just build through the draft"? Oh yeah, look up the history of the New York Jets building through the draft for the last fifty years. How's that working out?

NCJetsfan, K'OB and azhar80 like this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Shouldn't a guy who excels at research be able to figure out how to get those stupid tappytalk advertisements off his posts?

Baumeister, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Which other QBs have in recent years beaten 'Bama in the BCS playoffs besides Watson and Lawrence?

Zach Wilson lost to Coastal Carolina (decent team, but still Coastal Carolina). Justin Fields while built more stoutly than Wilson and lights out vs. Clemson also looked like ka-ka vs. Indiana and NU.

Watson's got a proven NFL track record. If you can, grab him.

And to think I thought they put their money on the line based on bias which is based on emotion.

It's partially true. Actually Watson loves DiBlasio.

(that said, there is an allure attached to NYC....you win here, you're freaking god)

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mahomes had Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, and PFF's 11th ranked OL. Watson had Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel, DeAndre Hopkins before O'Brien traded him for peanuts, and PFF's 23rd ranked OL. Put Mahomes on the Texans and Watson on the Chiefs, and Watson is probably the one with the league MVP, All-Pro, and Super Bowl MVP.

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That might be true BUT Alex smith had that too and he almost made the Super Bowl and made a pro bowl in his final year with Reid. I think if you put any starting QB in the nfl in that offence they will be good. Mahomes makes them great.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True indeed. Matter of fact, IMO, if you were two change just one thing, and Watson had Andy Reid as the coach and the Chiefs had O'Brien, Watson most likely has two SB under his belt and Mahomes is looking for a new team.