Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why Watson would waive his no trade clause to come here other than that he likes Saleh. Watson wants to win and wants to play for a functional franchise. We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year in a year where being 2nd worst was worse than being worst.

K'OB likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Because playing in NY is badass

Ralebird likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Williams is a rising star. His production ranks him in the top 5 DTs in the NFL. If the Jets can improve their outside pass rush this year, when combined with Williams and Franklin-Myers, they could finally be able to generate serious pressure on opposing QBs. IMO you don't weaken the defense to strengthen the offense or vice versa. That's a net gain of zero. The idea is to improve the team, not tread water. If Williams wasn't a rising star or hadn't had the season he just had, then I'd agree with you, as the QB position is more important than DT, but the Jets would already be giving up one huge asset, the #2 pick. Giving up Williams would be like giving up two #2 draft picks. The only way I'd do that is that would be all that Houston received - the #2 pick and Williams. Even then, I would be loathe to do it. Williams should not be included in any other trade offer.

LAJet and chad2coles like this.
  4. REVISion

Maybe for the Yankees, but the Jets? These guys can travel anywhere they want on a private jet anytime they want. I don't think they really care about where they play that much. Watson is also from the south originally, I'd think the Dolphins would be a better fit as far as location.

5. NCJetsfan

He loves NYC. We have a respected GM who just drafted a potential HOF LT to protect Watson's blind side, and who is a former OL, so is committed to fixing the OL. I'm sure he knows how much cap space we have and that we could sign Thuney in FA, and or draft another OG, and he'd be playing behind the best OL he had ever played behind. That could be huge for him considering the pounding he took in Houston. We have a solid slot WR in Crowder and a promising WR in Mims. He knows how successful this offensive system can be and that he would be a perfect fit for it. He knows that the Jets could sign or draft another WR, RB and TE, and the offense could flourish from day one.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

He persists in posting bollocks because that's all he knows. He's one of the least knowledgeable posters I've ever run across on a Jets' fan site.

REVISion likes this.
  7. REVISion

I don't think he even does any research before saying things, as seen by constantly misspelling the first names of players.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

That's fine. How would you describe his career at this point? He was one of the best college quarterbacks of all time. He's got the highest completion percentage ever in the NFL. He's got the 2nd highest QB rating ever. He's been as productive as pretty much any 25 year old NFL QB ever.

As far as putting him on a bad roster like the Jets, the Jets should be able to get him while keeping a draft pick in each round of the next 2 years and the Jets will still have the most cap space in the league to build around him. His cap hits will be less than any starting QB that signed a deal while he's on the Jets, and after 3 years, the Jets have 2 1 year options.

Ralebird and K'OB like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

That just shows what a bunch of stupid mooks the oddsmakers are and their anti-Jets bias. Not one team has the ammo that the Jets have to swing the trade, from draft capital to the fact that Watson would like to play for Saleh, to the fact that Watson loves NYC. That the Panthers are #1 outside of the Texans is laughable. Even though they have a very aggressive owner, they don't have the draft capital that could help Houston get their next FQB.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I actually don't mind him on other subjects and I don't understand why he is posting like this on the Watson thread, it is really bizarre?

At first it was because he seemed to be defending Sam but he has been saying Sam is done in other threads, so fuck knows why tbh?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. K'OB

But the one thing that is not being said Gase has left the building, that alone means the offence has improved by 50% instantly.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. REVISion

That's speculation and it's all relative. We don't have more talent on offense than the other teams in the running for Watson like the Panthers, Dolphins, Broncos and 49ers.

The Texans would most like to do a deal with us given the draft capital we could give them, but that's moot if Watson wouldn't green light a trade here.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Oddsmakers do not have bias. Their goal is to make money based on what they see and they're damn good at it.

What is the love for NYC based on? Has he said that?

The allure if NYC is overrated anyways at this point. There aren't a ton of cities where guys can't have a good time. Maybe Green Bay and to a lesser extent Buffalo but other than that they're all near pretty big metropolitan cities with a night life.

Plus Florida has nicer weather and no income tax.

The Jets might have a situation that looks ok moving forward but we're still a gutter franchise coming off a 2-14 season. There are far better situations out there for him.

REVISion likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

It was a quote in an article or tweet I read. Others here must have read the same tweet/article, as I have seen others post it. He said that he loves NYC, and he has several friends that live there.

Perspective is everything. He may not care about the weather or taxes. Personally, one couldn't pay me enough to live in Florida. It's too humid, and unless dramatic changes are made, 1/2 of it may be under water in another 10-20 years.

I believe that Watson wants to play for a HC he respects and trusts, and play somewhere that he won't take a pounding. It goes without saying that he wants to play for a winner, but the Jets, especially with Watson here, could pretty easily become a winner in short order. The Jets sign Thuney, even Golladay or Davis at WR, and Hendrickson. They draft an OG at #34 (Mayfair or Trey Smith), with their two 3rd round picks they draft Kenneth Gainwell and Hunter Long. With additions like that, if the new CS is any good at all, I think the Jets could quite possibly finish 8-8 or maybe even 9-7 this season.

The bottom line is that both Watson and the Texans may have to compromise to get a trade that both can live with. The Jets can offer better return value in a trade than any other team. If he's open to playing here, he could become a Jet.

15. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Would you trade those cards for his silence?

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No way. Like I said we need this kind of entertainment until actual important things start happening. There’s only so many ways to debate the same topics over and over, at least he provides a whole new unique awful perspective.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I do have them all, well actually i transfered a lot over the years so it wasnt that hard to do. But let me tell you.......gigantamax at the wrong time....its all over. Every move counts.....really feeling galarian moltres.

Mostly tho i kinda like knowing wtf im talking about when i do stuff. Thats my favorite part of researching

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You should see me in person, im even worse. I pull no punches, but never met anyone that could stop me

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

19. K'OB

Which part is speculation?

The assured improvement once the shittest OC/HC we have employed got the bullet?

We can not fail to improve with Gase gone, just one example 'supposedly' when Loggains was doing the play calling and he ran those fit young RB's into the best running game we had all year, then how did we use them once numbnuts took control again, sporadically while old man river huffed and puffed to his career milestone, the only think Gase was probably interested in.

So the running game is going to improve right from the off, which should bring other benefits to the passing game etc

Saleh would have to hopeless not to be better than what we have just witnessed.

I never suggested we had better talent on offence than anybody else, just that we couldn't fail to be better Gaseless.

20. K'OB

What a claim to fame, I see you can't even be bested at Pokemon now lol what a fucking hero!