Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im smart enought to actually look shit up amd not talk out my ass.

Of course youre out, you have no comeback for the simple question i asked.

You instifated this i was actually respectfully answering what you said but you amped it up.

But honestly i really dont care if you or really anyone on here likes me, it means very little to me that strangers ive never met like me.

So peace out have a good night, i offered you a chance to bring this back civil, but again ive actually been very clear about the path i prefer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We can disagree or both be right on why thet are relevant but player play ultimately and they are ones to usually pay big money for FA

That being said its not about Watson being bad or me not liking him. If you can trade darnold and the number 2 or something cool, i would not hate that. But if its multpile firsts, its just not worth it.

Youre not at the number 2 pick often, and that pick has soooooooo much value honestly two 1st beneath it arent even worth it.

I feel for longevity and sustainable success, we cant do a ransom for any player. You never see the saints, pats, steelers, and packers doing things like that. Lets just go slow and build from the ground up.

3. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

But there's no one saying "whatever it takes to get Watson." You're defining Watson as a 4 win QB in a year where he dominated his position behind a terrible o-line. The truth is that he's on pace for a hall of fame career. If you can't acknowledge that, then Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are just 6 win QBs.

Bellys Lies and K'OB like this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There are people saying that, thats the point. If you give up too much then whats the point. Thats what all this arguing has been about, even if others dont realize what they are saying.

Which was my point above, if he cant overcome that in Houston, why would anyone expect thw same thing here?

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This thread has gone wild. The media has also gone wild...

Let’s actually think about this from a logical standpoint. Texans GM doesn’t want all those players back in this deal. I could see Q as someone they want as JJ and Clowney are gone. For the most part he wants to make his own picks and fingerprints on the team. So the trade involving all those players is ridiculous... Thing is JD is a 2nd year GM looking to do the exact same thing... So having said that this is the ONLY deal that both sides can make without feeling ripped off.

2nd overall + 23rd overall + 34th overall + 2nd 2022 + Q Williams for Watson

6. chad2coles

no there aren’t. No Jets fans are saying give the Texans whatever it takes. And if they are, go find them and have your conversation w them.

The Texans problems go beyond talent on the field. Watt left to go to a team that didn’t even make the playoffs. No one wants to deal with their dysfunctional ownership/front office. If the Jets have the same problems as the Texans, it doesn’t matter what they do, they aren’t going to win.

Ralebird and K'OB like this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Douglas is a 3rd year GM, and if he makes a trade that lopsided in Houston's favor, I'd want it to be his last.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im not going back and forth with you in this but there are people on this board who think they should give multiple picks for Watson. There are some who disagree.

The point is the texans are a bad team just like the jets, you take watson stick him on here and not surround him with talent he will flop. This isnt just any team and any city, the pressure here is different

Regardless unless its a single pick and possibly darnold or a 1st and second.....not worth it. I think Zach Wilson will be a star in this league and i would love to have him instead anf build the rest of the talent.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

It’ll end up being #2, 2022 1st, and whatever pick we get for Darnold for Watson and a bad contract. People are going to be surprised for what he’ll end up being traded for.

10. chad2coles

So you are both for and against trading multiple picks for Watson?

Watson won a national championship against Alabama as a 21 year old. 6 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks, a 3rd rounder and a 4th rounder on their defense. He broke his own record for passing yards in a championship game against them. He put up 21 points in the 4th quarter and led a game winning TD drive with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. He's on pace for a hall of fame career despite terrible o-line play every year of his career. There's no reason to think any young QB is more equipped to handle quarterbacking for the Jets. To then say that Zach Wilson, who has never played against a team ranked in the top 10 in college, is the QB you want on the Jets is an interesting take.

#770 chad2coles, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why do you continue to attempt to gauge Watson's performance by the total production of the entire team when you are comparing him to Darnold? It may not be convenient to your argument but even with the quarterback being the most important guy on the field football is still a team game. To even attempt to claim Watson is not far superior to Darnold is ridiculous.

Baumeister and K'OB like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

For some reason you think that "giv(ing) multiple picks for Watson" is the same as "whatever it takes to get Watson." It is not even close to the same thing so you're either quite confused or are creating a false scenario that you want to argue. Knock yourself out.

If Douglas can get a guarantee that Wilson can play in the NFL at an elite level there will be no debate; in the meantime only Watson's performance is guaranteed because he has already demonstrated it.

NYGANGGREEN, Baumeister and K'OB like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And now we know why you argue vehemently against Watson.

This ends the discussion, I will see you again after draft day.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You never even bothered to actually check why you started arguing which is funny.

You were too busy telling me he isn't limited, which he clearly was as evidence by wins and points. What's funny is you still never realized i actually agreed with you from the start, he wasn't worth a ransom, which was my point. I wanted to see how long it took you to even realize that's what was happenin and you didn't.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude don't twist what i said with half assed logic. 4 or 5 picks and players is a no. 1st and a second eh maybe that's not awful but that's the limit. Nothing like a ransom. I've said that from day one.

I also said for financial reasons i prefer a rookie drafted. Plus i do like Wilson. He will be good mark that down, i said this long ago and was long one of his biggest supporters on this board.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How is saying or suggesting that Watson hadn't had a better season than Darnald giving a different perspective?

It is just ludicrous and makes you look a bit silly and in what situation did I ever say 'whatever it takes to get Watson'?

You were talking/replying to me so I am just asking why you now go to this whatever it takes line?

Even just before your post I literally posted 'I don't want us butt fucked' to get Watson.

You swing back and forward so much it is hard to keep up with you, don't be a devil's advocate, pick the side of the fence you want to be on and defend it as you please.

If it is Sam you want back then feel free to do so but don't say in one thread that his time is up at the Jets and then come in another and say Watson has been worse than Sam, it is just strange behaviour.

But I would like you to explain to me though, how you think that the Texan's not winning more than 4 games is somehow Watson's fault or that it shows he has the inability to carry a team to victory? On the back of a season like he has just delivered?

Like @BroadwaySam said to the other bloke, there is a D in Houston or more to the point there really wasn't much of one.

I think those season stats show that Watson has done everything humanly possible to carry that shit team to victory.

If Sam had those stats and we only won 4 games people would not be sitting here deliberating on who they want as our new QB in 21, maybe even off 3/4's of those stats people may well still have taken Sam back for one more year.

REVISion and chad2coles like this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Again so do not twist my argument with some other type of logic at no point did i say Watson is bad.... find a point when i said that. I said he isn't worth mortgaging the future for. Im not explaining this again.....no offense to you.

Yes you guage his performance with the whole team not just in a vacuum. That's what we do when teams win and lose, we don't say "the running didnt get 100 yards thats why we lost" in his situation, its cool with all those stats but if you still finish 16th in total points scored and 24 obviously it wasnt enough.

You can say oh JD will fill the roster out, but you can make a move like this give up capital and plan on that as a fall back, thats tantamount to being house poor. You build with the pieces you have already and if you have others later thats just luck.

What FA are clamoring to come here? How many times has this teams past forced it to overpay for players.....im thinking of one now whos still actively on this roster thats has played about 2 games in 3 years.

Or of JD isnt gonna overpay, we end up with another Robbie situation, which is far more likely to happen as it already has. Leaving us still devoid of talent for another year or two which Watson wastses another year or two

Plus you have to understand, we are not going to be the only team seeking him, so were going to have to give up a premium, thats not really up for debate. Miami is already monitoring it and has a better roster than we do.

No matter how you slice it the price is going to be high and we will in some aspect mortage our future for him. Hes not a bad player not even close but if we give up too much for him whats the point, we're back at square one in a few years due to cap or other reasons.

Just build thru the draft. Unless its theb most unlikely of senarios where houston takes the no 2 pick and thats it. Thats not happeneing.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

So Watson is only worth a single second round draft pick more than an untested first round draft pick?

[​IMG]

NYGANGGREEN, NCJetsfan and chad2coles like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like it. But who is the "bad contract" options that Houston has?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If Quinnen Williams is the reason you don't land Deshaun Watson in his prime, that's just sad. Williams had a good season last year but its not like he's even a pro bowler at a far less influential position.

Players are "assets." You can cash in those assets on the field on Sundays OR you can cash them in to get something better. If Williams is the asset that helps land Deshaun Watson then fuckin do it. no brainer in my opinion.