17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wish you move to Florida and not see another snow storm in your life.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook,,sooner than you think and don’t knock it as change is a very very good thing

Brook! likes this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

would you prefer i give you 1008 pages worth of reasons or 40 seasons?

LogeSection2RowJ, Brook! and CBG like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can I like this twice ? How are you Mr Cat,,,,I hope all is well brother

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  5. alleycat9

doing good, feel like the jets finally have some good leadership, not ownership but leadership from gm and hc so i am hopeful for the first time in a long time. hoping they can find a way to get watson without sending too much to houston and just generally feeling good about the team.

also realizing that metlife is 10 years old and maybe just maybe in the next 10 years they can talk about building a new stadium and knock this pos down.

there is actually an opportunity for either team to opt out of the lease in 2025.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat want to know what is sad,,,,,,right now I could care less if they built a new place and moved,,,,I am so far gone and I give you credit brother as I am not even excited about the hirings or next year,,,,,,,amazing that I could get to this point but here I am. In other news Im glad u are well brother

7. alleycat9

if you had asked me 4 months ago i would have said how dead they were to me. just feeling different right now. no real idea until the kick off the new year and we can see what we actually have.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fuck season tickets. I am an off season jet fan. The moment the season ends is when I enjoy bring a jet fan again. I start listening to 8 jet podcast and watch YouTube videos. I still love this fucking team and I want a super bowl more then ever but 8-8 would give me a major chubby. This had to be rock bottom. I guess I soured on the season ticket holder world but not much else. Welcome back Woody and FU

#20148 sec314, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    LogeSection2RowJ, CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  9. alleycat9

its crazy to think this thread has been going 11 years. i just went back and read the first few pages, i hated it from the beginning. its also disappointing to see that alot of the guys who were involved in the beginning of this thread havent been around in 4, 6, 9 years. i wish 227 would come back he added so much fire and vitriol and anger to this thread over the years.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Well, Woody is on Twitter everyday so in his honor " F U WOODY.

Not much else to add, I am gonna keep my mouth quiet and see what happens when we hit the field.

Brook! likes this.
  11. Brook!

Chief.

What will it take you to get back to Metlife?

I know no more Season Tix but still
    Man :)

12. alleycat9

i wonder if theyre going to raffle off the the 16k tickets to see how much they can make off of them.

for me at this point they could never get me back as a season ticket holder. the price has gone too high to ever go back down to what i would feel is a good value. its beyond over priced for a worse experience.

13. Brook!

They started of with 16K tickets but by summer time, they will open more seats for Season Tix.

I don't plan to renew my season tix but if they block ticket transfer, I might to do it one more year.

Royal Tee and alleycat9 like this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I called yesterday to cancel...sucks..I forgot how many years we stood in line to get tickets while we were on the wait list.
    Then finally got our tix for vaGiants stadium...little by little, year by year we moved our seats til we got the ones we wanted then a New stadium and we were disgusted...lmao.
    Yea, It's time as there is no longer an "Experience" at the stadium. The "Football culture" has shifted and (Sorry not sorry for those w/kids) has turned into a fukin playground, no..not outside the stadium, Inside!
    We are constantly surrounded by kids Jumping on seats, kicking, screaming and playing while the game is on. People doing nothing but taking selfies while the game is on....No cheering or anything as if they had ZERO interest in the game... a biproduct of the JETS not being able to sell tickets.
    IDGAF what people do but it should NOT interfere w/someone else's experience.
    and that's just ONE of the reasons

15. Brook!

RT. Very well said. I still ended up renewing my season ticket and only reason I did is not to abandon my tailgate crew and still be able to watch Jets without worrying about parking ticket etc. The game day experience for me is deteriorating. Not gonna lie. Year by year, the experience is gearing towards hip folks, generation Z etc. Let's see how long I will keep renewing my ticket but I feel you.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. Royal Tee

I honestly don't care WHO they are, not about that it's about the people who are there that don't gaf about football and take away from the people who do.

My section has OLD timers who tell people to sit tf down ...lol But Parents just letting their kids run around, scream and people literally standing up right in front and turning around backs to the field to take a selfie while the play is going on...Not a 1 or 2 time incident this is a 4-5 time per game now and they have NO clue why people are "being mean".
    IDGAF about who does what, selfie no selfie hipster idc, to each their own. I'm just trying to enjoy the game, I go for the FOOTBALL 1st, Tailgate 2nd. I've always been that way. I leave to get to my seat so we can enjoy the game unfortunately the experience is no longer worth the price of admission
    add to that my section is no longer PSL.

17. alleycat9

all i ever wanted was easy parking, get into the game and be able to watch and get into the game and then a nice quick way out.

the old stadium had all those things. i dont need fancy food, im not there to fucking eat, i dont need fancy amenities and activities, the game is the activity. i dont even need fucking beer, i just need a good football game.
    there is so much that the game itself offers its beyond me how you could need more.

i guess the big spenders who will shell out the money for tickets arent really football fans, id honestly prefer to go to a college game at this point in a place where the fans actually care about the team. new york itself is just not a football area.

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am never getting seasons again. Game by game and if we ever get good and the prices go up so be it I am still spending less going to 4-5 game then 10. I got tics to the Titan game and take it from there. Losing and weather is gonna determine amy more games. That said I am really looking forward to watching football live.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Royal Tee

It's amazing because I cancelled mine and they acted like ok, anything else?

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am going to the Titan game, pass on the Pats and a hot opening game and wait till week 4, hopefully cooler. Paid $85, upper side row 10. I'll see how the teams doing and maybe go to another game if there showing me there improving. Its perfect.

Royal Tee and alleycat9 like this.