Todd Bowles is going to the Superbowl!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmw, Feb 2, 2021.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

On average go with the top players.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Would the Jets turn Travis Kelce from 3rd round pick to top 3 TE in the league?

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Sure, if the player was coachable and determined. He was. Also he's on a team with great other weapons.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Meh

He never should have been extended along with Macacgnan ...ripped off the Team and took the Johnsons to the bank

Guy got extremely lucky getting TB gig imo

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles likely gets another HC shot off of tonight. Had he had an even slightly competent GM here who probably doesn’t pass on Watson and Mahomes for Jamal Adams he may even still be a HC.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And then he lost his coaching skills.... seriously, it’s a combination of many things that makes or breaks a head coach. Most importantly it’s the ability to identify and correct those things. He didn’t have a great situation here. Our organization always seems to possess too many flaws. Hopefully things are bright ahead with all our recent changes.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Congrats to Todd Bowles...He wasn’t a good head coach here but he definitley is a great defensive coordinator, no doubt about it.

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I like how all these NE coaches that later failed, Belichick who failed without Brady, now Bowles, who failed before, are getting the rep of being these great SB champs. No, you just got lucky to draft Brady in 6th round and in TB case that NE was dumb enough to let him go. We've already seen what guys like Belichick and Bowles can do without him, and it's not anywhere near this good.

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Brady and the offense played well, but it was Todd Bowles' defense that won this game. Holding the KC offense and Mahomes to a 46 QB rating? He isn't riding Brady's coattails here; he's directly responsible for a big part of the Bucs' success.

That said, I'm skeptical about whether or not he'll be a good coach a second time around. As we have seen time and time and time again, being a good coordinator does not necessarily make someone a good head coach.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He wasn't anywhere near this game without Brady last year for Tampa and as a HC of the Jets, or DC before that. Good DC, no question, just like Belichick is a good coach too. But not as great as Brady made them look by winning SBs.

11. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I always liked Bowles as a DC, loved his aggressive style.

12. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Bowles D was a monster today! Andy Reid had no answer. They shut them down clamping down Kielce and Hill! Masterful job, too bad wasn’t with the jets. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You’re confusing two separate issues. No doubt they are only in the SB because of Brady; that has nothing to do with the fact that in the Super Bowl Todd Bowles completely shut down the best offense in football. That kind of performance gets DC’s head coaching jobs. Whether he’s a good coach doesn’t change that.

14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Macc drafts Watson at 6. Bowles is still our HC. Smh.

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Mahomes is not the reason the Chiefs lost. I am wondering if Andy Reid's son's car accident was a distraction to the team. Andy Reid never really seemed engaged in the game.

If Brady gets another SB win next year, this will be very sick and then you can say for sure Mahomes has no chance.

I can't see Mahomes being able to run the way he does forever. He will eventually have to learn to be a pocket passer to overtake Brady's GOAT status. How long will Andy Reid coach and will the Chiefs eventually be in Cap hell like the Saints?

Brady may be the GOAT but he has also been lucky to play with great players.

HomeoftheJets and Footballgod214 like this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Super Bowl MVP Todd Bowles

stinkyB likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Happy for Todd Bowles. He's a good guy and called a great gameplan last night and shut down the best QB in the game. When he was given the opportunity to throw the Jets under the bus, he classed up and said it was on him to win games, and he was right. Hope he does get another shot at HC, but I doubt he does it for another couple of years.

Dierking and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Mahomes is more talented than Brady, but he’s never surpassing him as the GOAT. 11 Superbowls, 7 SB wins including leaving the Pats and winning another one with Bucs in his very first year.

Guys who lose a SB playing the way Mahomes did earn the choke label. Is it fair, nope... but you have guys like Montana who went to 4, won all 4 + never threw a pick... 11 tds... clutch...

Has Brady ever been blown out in a SB?
    The one time he was getting blown out, he came back in the 2nd half to win...

Also as much as I never liked Brady, he’s one of the only guys who cares more about winning vs being paid. He never was a top 5 paid Qb and as a result his roster always had tremendous offensive lines, solid running games, and Gronk...

Mahomes salary starts to kick in the next few years - the key KC offensive line people (starting tackles) are only under contract through 2021.

I’m really interested to see what happens...
    I could easily see his career go the way of an Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers vs a Tom Brady...

Patriot and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I certainly will never blame a guy who wants to get paid as much money as possible and seek every opportunity to do so. But I wonder if or when some of these guys who are already worth $100 million+ (Wilson, Rodgers, etc.) will realize that they can start winning a lot more of they reduce their salary.

I think their own personal legacy is incredibly important to most of them. And I'm kind of surprised that we haven't seen any of these players try to take bigger pay cuts to add another $12 million receiver and what not.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ha. I said this to my dad at the end of the game last night...

matt robinson 17 likes this.