Jets hire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 14, 2021.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe there's something to the theory that a team's winning % is heavily based upon the intelligence of their fanbase. That would explain a lot.

I'm glad you've chimed in with your POV from the Niner's universe. I caution you to not dwell too long here though...it may affect your reasoning powers.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've seen him play, just haven't studied him closely. Interestingly, however, Jimmy G is exactly who I was thinking of as a comparison for Sam.

If what you say is true about Shanahan, then that makes me think less of him as a HC. Why in the world wouldn't he fix Garoppolo's footwork rather than living with it and trying to mask it. That doesn't make any sense to me.

3. NCJetsfan

I don't think anyone is saying that he's a finished product at 23, unless it's accurate that he has refused to change his footwork and he continues in that stance. In that instance, I think he would be pretty much a finished product unless something happened to wake him up. I think he still has potential, but I no longer think that potential is anywhere near as high as it was when he was just coming out of USC. Even if is, I have zero interest of waiting 2-3 years for him to put it together. If there were no other options at QB and/or if we could pay him a lot less, then I might be willing to wait. There ARE other options at QB, however, who may have a higher ceiling than Sam had, and they will be cheaper, so imo it's a no-brainer. Trade him, let someone else spin their wheels for 2-3 years and have the headaches of trying to fix his dumb ass. I've spent 55 years with this God-forsaken franchise stuck in reverse. Enough of that.

4. NCJetsfan

Spot on and excellent points! Sam is fools gold.

5. NCJetsfan

Spot on, Losmeister. They're so traumatized that they're in denial that they're fearful of taking a QB. I guarantee you that many who have spoken out saying that we should either take Sewell or trade down for a bevy of picks and not take a QB haven't watched ANY video of any of the QBs including Lawrence. They're so traumatized that they won't even consider taking a QB and are ignoring all of the rational reasons why we absolutely should take a QB this year.

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fwiw, i STILL AM STANDING by my prediction that we take Sewell.

i also wonder if the denial is directly proportional to the irrational annointing of Sam as Savior s/p Rose Bowl

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the Jets new HC Saleh I do remember seeing him on the sideline during the Jets & Giants games this year. It's fair to say he stood out.

I'm reading that he and his OC hire Lafleur see "untapped potential" in Darnold. I remember seeing Darnold's name linked to the 49ers in recent weeks so it could be real talk.

I hope they stick with Darnold give him a real chance to succeed by surrounding him with weapons. I see how good the rest of that draft class has become Jackson league MVP in 2019, Allen a game away from a Super Bowl appearance in his third year, Mayfield trying to beat the Chiefs to get to the same point as Allen today.

There's still a chance that Sam Darnold could be the best QB out of that draft class. It'd be such a shame for that to happen someplace else.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Losmeister

how would the shame be if we stuck by him and he still sucks? he has already been a crying shame, no?
    fool me once...

9. Losmeister

maybe the jets will transform the nfl and play w/o a qb at all. show how you can simply build the team and win w/o a qb.

cos if we get a qb he will suck anyway, right?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I think you almost have to throw out 2020 treat it like it never happened concerning Darnold.

The disastrous offseason letting Robby walk, trading away the best player then trading & cutting players during the season it's obvious the organization wasn't interested in competing in 2020.

BUILD instead of destroy around Sam Darnold then we'll see what we'll see. If he still sucks then it is what it is we'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Darnold still could turn out to be the best QB taken out of the golden QB class of 2018 that would make him something very, very special.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 33 pages of this thread, but I'm glad the HC and GM are on the same page for the first time in a long time.

14. Losmeister

i need a book mark. what page is it?

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Come on man, that's a terrible post and a slight on people you will want to chat with in the future.

16. K'OB

Page 1 of the future

Bookmark it.

17. Losmeister

November 3, 2020
    Joe Douglas

"This is not all on Adam," Douglas said, via NFL Network's Kimberly Jones. "The goal is to get this fixed together."

Borat likes this.
  18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

lol he doesn’t even bother to attribute this to an unnamed source

where exactly did cimini get this tidbit?

19. K'OB

Can I ask you, like I asked other people at the time...

What did you expect him to say in a live interview?

'Gase, is the shittest HC I have ever seen'

That is just something quality GM's don't say about the current coaching staff.

#659 K'OB, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NC, thanks for the complement, and ditto to you Bro. I read somewhere recently that bates system was based on shanny's and that Sam's play was better than the last two years (certainly can be worse, at least I hope not).

NCJetsfan likes this.