Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The thought of Sam running a WCO is terrifying. You need to be decisive and accurate, two things Darnold is not. The only way I can get on board with keeping Sam is if we draft his successor in this draft. He has no future with us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Starting to get the yips over this coaching search. We will probably hire one of the B-list candidates or perhaps a college coordinator with zero NFL experience. I have a feeling Chris The Football Savant still has considerable influence in the coaching search even though he said it was JD's show to run. I won't be surprised at all if they fuck this hire up and the team remains in the shitter until the Johnsons sell the team.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Who are the a list vs the b list this cycle though?

I’m having a hard time figuring out who are top candidates and who aren’t...there’s no slam dunks but a handful of strong candidates

Jets will probably pick wrong because it’s what they usually do but I’m not really worried about missing out on any one guy this time around

REVISion, Snatch Catch and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well KK, all of the talking heads had guys ranked from best to marginal. If you hit a few of the sport sites, you'll see the list. I agree with you that the Jets will probably fck this hire up by hiring the most marginal guy they interview.

King Koopa likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Tannehill had already played a couple of seasons before the "QB Killer" arrived.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Regardless, Gase didn't really kill Tannehill off his career averages that much. The offense was stagnant and unimpressive but Tannehill was fine there.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the statement that Darnold was okay with his mechanics and didn't think he needed to change them but I probably saw it here and it was probably without support because I've searched a couple of times and can't find anything to back it up. For now I'm writing it off as an unfounded rumor. Everything I've seen attributed to Darnold himself indicates he'd be open to anything that could help.

In the course of looking is when I came across stories of his work with Palmer and his interest in the computer based work McCown was doing but I can find nothing that he ever followed through on that. Looking further into the Palmer training it seemed less than remarkable for an NFL guy even though there were a few others doing it.

The oddest thing I have found in the course of trying to track this down is that there are guys online with computer based training, probably geared to high school kids, that seem more advanced than anything I can find that Darnold has done.

Or maybe the oddest thing I found was that there was virtually nothing about any kind of coaching or training going on within the New York Jets organization even though it was widely recognized when he was drafted that it was a necessity.

#1747 Ralebird, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.