2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will get much traction, but I'm a big Celtics fan and always open to talking what's going on around the league.

I despise the Nets currently as I can't stand Kyrie or KD.

The start of the season has been fun. I think scoring is up because there aren't fans to disrupt shooters.

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The Knicks have won 4 of their last 5 games!

joe likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Celtics and Jets? You don't see that very often. :)What's the story? :)

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mental illness? ...the color green? ..

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I liked it better when you posted more. Now you are a stranger. Not good.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Latest sign of the apocalypse?

NYGalPal likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Undertaker is gonna get the belt back this year.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

kurd hukum dikin : )

Brook! likes this.
  9. JackBower

Sorry I made this thread then vanished, only has time to pop on here a few times lately.

Things around the league I've noticed, starting with one i have an opinion on.

Nets - this is the biggest developing story...sorry Net faithful, if there are any... but your team is screwed. Not because of KD, who is eccentric but still shows up to work consistently and seems more like an OK team mate (and top 4 player). It's Kyrie.

There was always going to be a honeymoon period with Kyrie until it started to go South. Amazingly that almost ended before the season with minimizing Nash before he coached a game. He's doing everything I saw him do on the celtics literally 7 games in, and some other things that scream there's going to be problems:

- KD and Kyrie taking same says off. I don't watch Net games, but if Kyrie is even going to the arena when he doesn't play it won't last for long. It used to piss me off he would have a rest day as a Celtics (sometimes 2 in a row for unknown reasons) and he wouldn't even be at the arena.

- those 2 also telling WFAN they won't be doing interviews, and the other media crap they have pulled already.

And now Kyrie, texting his team mates before the game (according to LaVert) that he wasn't going to be playing. Nash or Sean Marks had any idea, it seems like Nash still hasn't even heard from him. 7-8 games into the year and he's already making the Nets look like chumps. They should suspend him, but if they do he becomes even more of a cancer and his team mates pay for it.. they don't they are enabling the behavior for him and sets a poor precedent for team mates. Nets are in a tough spot. He's truly the biggest cancer in the NBA, possibly sports.

He will come back and be spiteful about any media or team backlash he will receive and say basketball doesnt matter, but at the end of the day he makes 35 mil a year and we all had to go to work after dealing with personal issues or tragedy. I think he will point to what happened at the Capitol Building, but even if its something severe it doesn't mean you can go AWOL.

Nash pretty much has to coach 2 teams, and I feel bad for him he's in a real shitty situation.

10. JackBower

Knicks - nice surprise to start the year. RJ has been solid, Rivers was a nice addition, and Qickley looks like a steal.

Suns - CP3 was a great pickup for a young team. They have a top of the line back court and Ayton is a beast.

Hawks - this team is an offensive force. Young is cementing himself as the best PG in NBA, and their additions of Galanari and the C from Houston have been solid additions.

Celtics - Tatum and Brown are all stars this year, and are trying to prove they are one of the best tandems in the NBA. I was wrong about Tristin Thompson, he's a nice fit for this team. Pritchard plays like a vet and probably is 2nd PG as of now when Walker returns.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. JackBower

My parents are from Valley Stream, Dad is a big Yankees/Rangers fan... we also watched Jets and he couldn't stand the Giants. Thats where my NY fandom comes from.

I got into basketball in college, and it's become probably my #2 sport. I started watching the celtics 2 years before they won the championship in '09. Huge Paul Pierce fan.

Brook! likes this.
  12. JackBower

Covid starting to make its impact.

Mavs, Bulls, Heat, Celtics x2, Pelicans all canceled over the last few days.

13. JackBower

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is that really a good move for the Nets? Lavert was a damn good player. Versatile, scores, shares the ball, etc.

I get it Harden is a scorer but hes also a mess on and off the court. You already have a space man at PG who decides when he wants to play and when he doesnt

Red Menace and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  15. JackBower

I personally don't think so.

Lavert is a great player that fit the team. They have defending and rebounding issues and they just traded their best defender and rebounder.

They also just relegated Kyrie to #3, he will refuse to play team ball and im sure will be a cancer when he returns. Honestly i think he may retire or get traded... he deserves to be sent to the worst team in the league for a bag of balls and rot until he decides to retire.

Not to mention all their superstars can opt out after next year and then they have no picks for 3-4. Its KG/Pierce trade all over again, but not quite as bad.

Pacers and Rockets won that trade, unless of course Nets win the title.

Red Menace and NYJalltheway like this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's a horrible trade unless they win a title this year or next. They just chunked all their young depth and all their picks for the next eight years for a Big Three piece that is redundant. Three guys with fat egos and one basketball is gonna be some real Any Given Sunday type infighting shit.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. JackBower

KD doesn't need the ball to be dominant, he's proven that.

The other 2, it's trouble. I really don't see Kyrie on this team next year if he ever comes back. If I were Nets management I'd take what he did personal. He came on last year knowing it was a throw away, played a few dozen games and then went awol when it mattered most. He made them look like chumps and seems he couldn't care less. He knows the reports about the situation.

I'll say it again, kyrie is the most cancerous superstar is sports. 3 teams at this point have gotten a taste. Watching him his last year on the celtics I've never seen a high profile player just give up mid way through the year like he did... and the celtics at the time were a 2 or 3 seed.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm a Nets fan and it's an utter disaster of a trade. They need to go to back to back championships to have a shot at calling this a success because all three contracts run at the end of next year.

Not a big fan of the NBA though like I am baseball/football. The regular season is such a god awful product. I liked what they were building before KD. I knew this Kyrie shit was going to be a disaster.

joe likes this.
  19. JackBower

Baseball/NBA/Football for me.

I think most people excited Kyrie to fizzle out either end of this year (if it wasn't going well) or the following. With him, external circumstances effects his professionalism.. that's something everyone should be held accountable for. It was bound to happen.

Crazy to think it ended up being 11 games into the first season with KD.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how KD feels? It's not like he didn't know he was teaming up with a head case though and got a free $40 million last year. It's ashame because I liked what the Nets were building with Lavert/Dinwiddie/Allen.