Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Eagles gone mad. Wentz must be beside himself.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thats a troll account

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL OK, thanks. I thought Lurie and Roseman had lost their minds.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Come on now, the guy did better than Bowles, once again TGG picked better than Mac. In all seriousness though, as a defensive coordinator, pretty decent signing.

LAJet likes this.
  5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I want devonte smith instead of QB. Lol. Kid is going off! 2nd 1st rounder take Harris...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Uh no, Pederson won a Super Bowl. With a backup QB. He may not be a great coach but not all retreads are Adam Gase. At worst he's Mike McCarthy, which still isn't great but at least those guys won something once upon a time and had a number of winning seasons.

7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Yeah, he is better than Gase for sure, with better track record, but not fan! Let’s not get another retread, cause JD had some history with him, the eagles were really straight garbage this year! Fired for a reason! Let’s not do another Gase like hiring coach just hired!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Because "aura" should not be enough to be a first time head coach. If you are coordinator, there should be some seasons where you are putting up one of top products the League. Eberfuls put out #11, #16, #8 defenses, and was a part of 1 play-off win total, losing in divisional round. Granted, this is very good, but even if you look at Saleh, he just put out #5 defense in the League, which is actually much harder to do when your offense sucks. Last year he had #2 defense. That's two in row top 5 defenses. Also went to SB as a coordinator. The accomplishments far supersede that of Eberfuls, who has not had top 5 defense at all.

Again, not trying to diminish Eberflus, who is a very good defensive coordinator, but for HC position Saleh seems like a more sensible choice if we go with defensive coordinator.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled if we get Saleh. But I thought the point was about Brady.

SOJAZ, matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It applies to both Brady and Eberflus, even more to Brady :). But yes, Saleh seems solid, I am thinking Saleh or perhaps Daboll at this point. These two seem to have most boxes checked. Pederson might be a long shot too.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think Saleh, Smith and Lewis as the down select

matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  12. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i have no clue whether Pederson will be the second coming of Gase, Kotite, or Andy Reid

But good news for Jets fans, we have a GM who probably knows more about him than any other GM looking for a coach. That insider info will come in handy one way or the other as long as JD stays objective.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

As I said in my previous post it is hard to make an educated decision on an assistant coach as we as fans do not know the most important qualities these coaches possess which are the leadership qualities and NFL connections and relationships to build a staff. If I had a choice I would go with Campbell and Fitz as they have a measurable track record of performance and demeanor. Neither seem available. Picking the hot coordinator based on performance is generally a way to fail or picking a young coordinator. Both of these are red flags on Daboll. Of all the names there Lewis is the surest thing. A guy who wins, changes culture and thrives despite poor ownership.

But most of all I say no I am not qualified to pick a head coach as I lack knowledge of the leadership intangibles of each candidate. As fans we can give very good evaluations of players but not assistant coaches.. On this decision we have to trust JD and his process. what i am saying here is I can like a coach or be intrigued by a guy like Brady but I cannot support those likes with evidence that the hire would be a good decision. But, I think it is easier to point out the bad decisions or the ones where there is a high risk of failure. Gase was easy to spot but outside people like Gase with known character problems there are picks with red flags: young coaches and the flavor of the month assistanant coaches seem to fail like combine workout warriors that look good in shorts but lack game film. But again, we are still lacking in knowledge of the intangibles that make a good coach and essentially we have to trust JD.

#1273 Noam, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can you please explain the difference between that and dropping your star players for the last match when you have qualified?

Your match may well still affect somebody else's game?

Besides Hurtz was playing utter garbage, it isn't like he yanked somebody going 350yrds and 3tds and putting on the janitor for 20 minutes.

I wonder if he was forced to yank Wentz for Hurtz and this was his little act of defiance by putting on a guy that had been back up for 3 or 4 years, just a guess and of course, it could be wildly wrong.

Is it any more wrong than the Jags dumping theirs for the last two games?

If you want Pederson then I wouldn't be arsed in the slightest about that decision.

Alas, if only the Jets had pulled some 'good' players off the field we might have had the #1 pick and coaches crawling over broken glass to get the job.

15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Big big big big time fan of this. He is one of my favorites that we interviewed. Dude just comes off as a big time football guy and leader of men.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is very good news. He would be a fantastic hire but we need to see the staff that comes along with him. I believe he can run a tremendous defense and he’s a fantastic leader but we need someone that can develop talent and provide a competent gameplan on offense. Without that, nothing matters.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Great news, don't let him leave without a contract

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Considering all the COVID protocols, it seems like they must be extremely interested if they are bringing him into the facility. Wonder if this gets done sooner rather than later.

Noam and matt robinson 17 like this.
  20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Really love this hire if they get it done. Players want to play for this guy, young and fiery.

Noam, NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.