Manning is stinking it up...again...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by UltimateSora91, Dec 24, 2006.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Well, that's absurd. I don't know how you could think the Giants were winning this game, let alone be confident enough in it to put money down when the Giants were giving up points.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And yet lots of people were - I was also amazed to see that they were 3 point favorites. A lot of stupid Giants fans, I guess.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I picked the Saints. But I'm just saying somehow the Giants were the favorites. Therefore, I suppose that the Giants did not technically choke today.

4. chef

chef Banned

bring tiki back next year as a HC.

5. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Im not disagreeing with you but why do you have the Eli sig if thats your opinion on him.

6. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

In case you forgot - you had Rivers - you traded him and your next years #1 for Eli -

7. UltimateSora91

UltimateSora91 New Member

Forget about that. Looking for a new sig...

8. sufibb

sufibb New Member

whats even more fustrating for the giants is

seeing jay cutler, vince young, matt leinhart all perform reasonable well even though they are rookies. alex smith has leaped frogged eli as has rivers, big ben, romo, gerrard, palmer over eli.

eli as a rookie had a completion percentage of less than 50% and a quarterback rating of less than 60. the fact that leinhart, young, and cutler have already surpassed him is embarassing

9. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Manning: 289-for-496 (58.3%), 23 TD 18 INT, 77.4 QBR

Rivers: 265-for-436 (60.8%), 20 TD 8 INT, 90.5 QBR

Ben: 261-for-441 (59.2%), 17 TD 22 INT, 74.0 QBR

Manning's numbers really aren't this terrible shitshow that people seem believe. Rivers has been coddled this season and has the benefit of the best player in the league and a beastly OL. Not trying to take away from what Philip has accomplished, but I'd like to see him put up those numbers on the leaky rowboat that is this Giants team.

Also, this isn't an attempt to clear Eli of all charges? Could/should he be playing better football? Hell yes. But someone's gotta throw the guy a bone, he's hardly keeping his head above water on a sinking ship.

#29 Learn To Swim, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  10. UltimateSora91

Honestly, Toomer was our best playmaker behind Tiki. Toomer's presence next year is gonna be big...

11. statjeff22

Interesting switch of your sig. Eli Manning may suck, but as far as I know, he isn't a rapist.

12. UltimateSora91

OK, stay with your thought...Enough ignorance as is by calling him a rapist...He's the man...

13. statjeff22

Yes, that's why he settled the case for lots of money and gave his wife a 5 carat diamond - because he was innocent of the charges against him.

You're not exactly covering yourself with glory in your short time on this board.

14. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

The settlement was to prevent a long trial that would probably be more damaging to Bryant than the hit to the wallet, and the ring was for cheating on his wife.

There's plenty of ways to make fun of Sora, but this one is hazy.

15. statjeff22

Settlements of that type happen very quickly, since the longer the trial is in the news, the more damage there is. I don't really see how this trial, which was already in jury selection, was going to be more damaging to Bryant than settling, a settlement that included him making this statement:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

The trial wouldn't have been worse for him, that is, unless he was actually going to be convicted on the basis of the testimony. Have you ever heard of someone making a statement like this in any other rape case that was settled out of court because the witness suddenly refused to testify? I certainly haven't.

To call him "the man" strikes me as pretty ridiculous.

16. UltimateSora91

Thanks LTS. You can make fun of me because I have big feet if you actually played Kingdom Hearts...

And BTW, Jordan cheated on his wife and he got away with it too...So what are you trying to say man?

17. UltimateSora91

Besides, how is it considered 'rape' if both of them agreed to do it?

18. statjeff22

Did you even bother to read what he said after he paid her off? Even he knows that she didn't consent. It seems pretty clear to me that he never thought he could be touched by this, but as it was about to go to trial he and his lawyers suddenly realized that he could be convicted, and he'd better make this go away. I've never heard of someone accused of rape publicly acknowledging that the victim really believed it happened as he's paying the settlement; his lawyers would never let him say something like that unless he was forced to (and yes, his lawyers controlled it, since the statement was released through a spokesman).

19. Go_Eli

Go_Eli New Member

A new coaching staff should help him greatly.