Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Who is John McMullen? Why would the Jets trade draft capital to the Eagles for Pederson?

None of this jives with the interview that JD gave the other day and the direction team wants to go in.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

FWIW, Lewis had to deal with a cheap owner. In a way, what he did in Cincy was amazing. I wouldn't be thrilled if he was the next HC, but I could accept it.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

On one hand, Pederson won a Super Bowl a couple years ago, on the other hand: He was a flat out embarrassment last week, lost his team this year, and alienated his franchise QB.

Hard pass.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

this is more than likely bullshit but you would never see a fanbase turn on a general manager quicker than we would on Douglas if this were to happen.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

If this happens I don't know how much to pin on douglas. This stinks of the johnson's

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm more open to hiring Brady now. He is actually coaching to where football is going.

hobgoblin and cmcm750203 like this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Seems like we know the Jets have interviewed, Bieniemy, Saleh, Lewis and Brady. Anyone else yet?

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Still not a Douglas guy and he's bringing nothing to the table. Usually you want a recently successful coach coming in. Harbaugh is nowhere near checking that box.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That's a huge red flag on Bieniemy. The Texans played poorly but Watson stood out. Bill O'Brian wrecked that team. Basically gave away WR Hopkins.

11. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Never have I seen a coach’s reputation take a hit more after one season than Pederson this year. The Eagles should absolutely move on. They need a full rebuild/tear down.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The deeper we get in the discussions about HC selections the more and more I'm inclined to brake the mold once and for all and move forward with a young, innovative and motivating young coach. Short of a top college HC coming available for interviews, I'm of the opinion we need to target one of the top Coordinators, be it Brady, Saleh, Daboll, Smith, or the Rams DC quickly and let him and our young team grow together as a unit, with a vision as to where the game is going in the future, not where it was in the past. After Brady, Rodgers and Breese move on, is clear to see what type of QB and offense will dominate the playoffs moving forward.
    Even the Washington team gave us a glimpse of that yesterday. I would decline on Lewis unless he can become an assistant HC for the new young stallion. A hard no on Pederson. Time to take a chance with someone with passion, innovation and vision and not a conservative "been there done that coach". The game has change tremendously over the last few years. Let move with the times for once.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

If pederson were available I would take him. He’s proven to take a back up QB and win a super bowl.

14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I don't think he alienated Wentz as much as Wentz has been alienating the team ever since the Super Bowl. It's an all-but-confirmed rumor that he's very bitter that it was Foles and not him that won it all, and that his relationship with the rest of the team and coaches has been...difficult. He has a reputation for being one of those guys who is nice off the job but too intense and self-focused on the field. The Eagles have performed much, much better when Wentz is NOT playing, and I think that's on Wentz and not Pederson.

That being said, I'm with you. Pederson has shown flashes of brilliance, but also areas of major concern. The overt throwing of the final game this season is disconcerting. The unwillingness to pull Wentz this season despite serious struggles is also concerning; it's rings of Rex Ryan letting Mark Sanchez and Gino Smith fail miserably and not do anything about it. I'm afraid that Darnold would end up just being a discount Wentz, minus Wentz's one glorious season, if Pederson coached here.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. I view his SB the same way I view Flacco's. Great run but more of a one hit wonder than anything else. Pederson makes some dumbfuck decisions in games too and is constantly chasing points. We saw how the same strategy kept the Colts out of overtime at the very least yesterday.

There's been murmurs about that locker room being broken well before this year too.

No thanks.

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Pederson would give Gase a run for his money in terms of incompetence.

Once a coach deliberately plays not to win a game, he should become unemployable. Woody hiring this guy would be telling the fanbase that he has no interest in winning because, as it was blatantly clear in Week 17, Pederson doesn't have any interest in it.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Arthur Smith play calling and formations are taking Ravens to school right now, hope you guys are watching.

boozer32 and FJF like this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Not an option anymore anyways. You were right boozer

boozer32 likes this.
  19. Khan

Khan Active Member

Some of it probably would be Douglas. They worked together and won a SB not that long ago.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. The Eagles have not been the same team since Frank Reich left. It was he that got them to the SB, not Pederson. Hiring Pederson would be making the same dumb mistake that the Jets made when we hired Gase. Have you not been paying attention the last two years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.