Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Agree, so little highlights in those years lol. Nice run though. Oh to see some of those next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#801 Sack exchange, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Conflicting reports on Mullen. He may not be interested or offered an interview

3. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I've been really intrigued by Campbell with his coaching style and culture implementation at ISU, but the more I look at him the more it doesn't seem like he meets the CEO requirement as well as others.

NCJetsfan and cmcm750203 like this.
  4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

So far with all the names being kicked around, the two I want to see least are Jones and Garrett. Both of these guys were given extended years and talented teams as head coaches in the past and neither one of them was able to have success in the playoffs. If we're going with a veteran coach I want someone with a track record of proven post-season success, otherwise I'd much rather see someone like Bieniemy.

JetsKickAss and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You make a great point, it’s actually why they played better the last two games of the year defensively, without Q, Bush played mostly cover 2 to eliminate big plays. Bring in Parsons or Rousseau all of a sudden the pass rush is a little better with Q, Zuniga, Parsons/ Rousseau, John Franklin Meyers.

I’m still not sold on any HC but my belief is that it will come from Ravens, Chiefs or Titans.

After reading many posts from fellow forum members and listening to JD and his philosophy, I believe Arthur Smith is the front runner in my book.

He has survived many coaching changes in Tennessee and has managed to stick with the philosophy that uses the strength of the football team instead of trying to stick a square peg in a round hole.

Many coordinators fail because they try to force their scheme on a team even though the team does not have the players to run the specific scheme that the HC or coordinator wants.

Based on Titans scheme, I get the feeling that JD wants the same blueprint for the Jets. The question is will Arthur Smith be willing to give up control of the play calling and or if he’s hired, will he instruct OC to use his (Smith) scheme.

#805 Red Menace, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Have to agree. Not feeling the Campbell love. 35-28 as college coach does not do it for me. Would prefer Smith, Daboll, or Saleh.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I know it’s La Canfora and he’s not the most accurate but this is another source saying Campbell will be at least interviewing with the Jets.

I think the Jets are prepared to give Campbell whatever he wants and needs to take his job if they can get him in the building; he’s their guy.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Is Daboll the Bills guy? If so I'd like him. What he did for Josh Allen is EXACTLY what's been missing here for YEARS.

JetsKickAss, NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

you know the rules, when he reports some thing that means there’s no chance of it happening. Which is a bummer because Campbell was extremely high on my list and I really think he’s a great choice to turn the culture around.

In all seriousness, he definitely seems like a Douglas guy and you have to wonder what kind of affect totally botching the Matt Rhule situation will have on Chris Johnson. Will that make him want a young hotshot college coach even more? Hopefully.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah, La Canfora sucks, I know.

I was just reading that Douglas and Campbell are both represented by the same agent, which certainly makes things a little more interested.

If I had to put money down right now as to who the next Jets coach is, I’d say Campbell.

11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that Saleh will ace Wink for the final three.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I figured that Q would make a good 3T, and some of our other players would as well, but in the profile they were saying that our whole LB corps wouldn't be a fit, and that was concerning. If most of our D players would it and it would be better for our personnel, great, I have no problem. I just want flexible systems that adapt to the talent we have rather than a coach having a hard and fast system that players have to fit into. We've made that mistake too many times and imo it seems that's who they were saying Eberflus is.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just realized his profile picture is him with Biden and La Canfora is wearing a Misfits sweatshirt. Holy random.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Hey...when can we expect the 1st new HC to be announced ?

Some of these guys might not be able to be announced until after the SB, right ? :eek:

The Jets (and others) may have to strike very early or they're gonna be waiting for up to another month or so !!

Can you announce someone as HC but he can't serve and no formal press conference until February ? Can he work with the GM ? I don't think he can.:eek:

If the Jets want Eric B....and KC goes to the Super Bowl.....we can't do squat for 6-7 weeks !!!??!!:eek:

16. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Wow, he's actually a possibility! With Marvin Lewis(or another experienced guy) as DC, I'm all for it. I realize that might not be a popular take here.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Doubtful they brought Marvin Lewis in for a HC position, to make him the DC lol, whoever they hire will make that call

FJF likes this.
  19. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I'd be thrilled with any of Campbell, Eberflus, Saleh, or Brady.

I'd be fine with Arthur Smith, Roman, or Martindale.

Bienemy, Mullen, or Lewis would be a tremendous disappointment, each for their own reasons, imo.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The more I read about these folks the more impressed I am about JD list, depth and breath. I’m sure than for each person interviewed, he will get a few nuggets of insight to help him crystallize the coaching vision for this team. I’m also a believer that if we didn’t have JD, as with the prior GM, many of these candidates wouldn’t even accept the interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.