Gase in 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 27, 2020.

?

Will Gase be the HC next year?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    79.8%
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The decision was mad a month or so ago... he is gone as of BM. bank it.

2. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

If he is not, you should leave and never return to this forum

#82 ILoveTheJets, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Adam Gase AND Joe Douglas need to go. The Jets spend their whole offseason focused on the O line (free agency AND our 1st rounder) with our supposed O Line guru of a GM and our O line still isn't good. I'm a Knicks, Mets and Jets fan so I'm used to my teams not being good but this is one of the least talented teams I've ever seen in the history of sports. There isn't a single player I'm truly excited about. There isn't a single guy where, if we traded them, I'd be upset.

As far as Adam Gase, I don't even know what the argument is to keep him. We won 2 games (probably to our detriment). To me, the final straw was after the infamous Greg Williams game. I wasn't comfortable with his nonchalant answer. IDGAF if Greg's ego made him think Cover 0 was a good idea. Adam Gase is the head coach. You look to Greg Williams and tell him "nope...not happening." Instead, he stood idly by, let it happen, and then gave this "wasn't my fault" answer like a child whose parents come home to their furniture broken. Jamal Adams may have been a diva but he and others warned that Adam Gase likes to pass the buck and isn't a leader. Bye MFer!

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

They're not Adam Schefter, but they aren't incarerated bob either lol

cmcm750203 likes this.
  5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Gase has a system?

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Didn't you hear? He's coaching to where football is going.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually, he's coaching to where the Jets are going...

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. TurkJetFan

I'm pretty sure just by firing Gase, we are +2 in the win column next year.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Watch him get hired as QB coach for the Pat's.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Footballgod214 and SOJAZ like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I still can't believe there are posters who still believe in the magic of Adam Gase. Trying to convince folks that the record shouldn't be a consideration.

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets are 16-0 in hidden production.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah the idiot owner will give aG another year & at the same time bring in Kotite as his Ass t HC:mad:

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't believe in the "magic" of Adam Gase. He is not perfect by any means. He started out by mounting a coup against the GM, then bad mouthed the Bell deal, which I'm sure sowed doubt in Bell's mind whether he was still wanted here. Throwing Williams under the bus was another awful move. Even if Williams was wrong (I still think it was a good call), any decent head coach would have fallen on the sword and taken responsibility. So there is a lot to dislike about Gase, however, what he has done, that I like, is he has the Jets playing at an intensity level, except for the Seattle game, that I can't recall ever seeing from this franchise. This despite losing Adams, Mosley, and Bell (three all-pros) before the season barely begun, plus a good LB in Williamson and Darnold for 4 games to injury. With this depleted roster, one could easily conclude that they would likely lose every game. There wasn't one team on their schedule that the Jets were better than, yet they managed to win two games, came close in a few others, and have a good shot at a third win. I can't imagine any other coach getting better results with this squad of players. So for me going forward, the positives of Gase outweigh his negatives, not by a lot, but enough for me to want to see what Gase can do with an upgraded roster next year, as opposed to getting a new unproven coach and having to start all over again.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. Bumrush99

Bumrush99 Member

Gase will likely be in drug rehab in 2021. Dude is on crack.

15. TurkJetFan

My mind is blown by this. There is nothing to see. The guy is horrendous in nearly every regard.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That's very persuasive. Thank you.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm betting more like +6 wins.

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Wow....just wow

look, I agree that the one positive I can point to is that he has kept this team together. The team I agree continues to play hard, which is impressive when you are 0-13. And in addition, we have not heard of any finger pointing outside of Gregg Williams. The players have not turned on each other. Agree. That is all a credit to Gase and to be fair, it is pretty impressive.

however....despite all that, this team is terrible. You don’t go 0-13 for no reason. Many if not most of those losses were by double digits. Yes, the roster is terrible. No doubt. Especially considering the injuries. Still, Gase had a lot to do with the roster. He made the decision to keep playing Gore over younger players who were faster. He presided over a team that was not competitive by any means, and yet finally managed to beat two playoff teams at the end. That means that, while the roster does suck, there were ways to eke out a win or two. Why did it take 14 games to get there? The game plans were bad. We saw so few halftime adjustments. So to me, it’s both ... talent level has not been good, but the coaching has not been good either.

and in the end, he has a long enough track record to show his true colors. He sucked at Miami with a losing record and a history of shipping good players out of town. He’s done the same here. Five years of losing records is enough.

he is what he is. Not a good HC

#98 Jets79, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You do realize Jeff Fisher has a fan club right?

Nothing surprises me anymore.

20. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

In fairness, if I was due the kind of severance pay that Gase is due for being fired...no way in hell would I resign!

Cman68 likes this.