How are you coping losing TL?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 29, 2020.

?

Your coping level right now?

1. Fine--over it

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Terrible--lost our chance for Broadway Trevor

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Excited--never liked him

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Just curious--as soon as I think I'm over it....I get that gut check moment and feel sick we lost out on our only hope for a lost season.

Also, doesn't help seeing my Jags fans talk about how their team will be changed forever.

Curious to see how well you guys are doing!

jackie1013 and REVISion like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How am coping? Same way I cope with everything, chemicals and binge eating

nycarl, stinkyB, FinnishJET and 10 others like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fact that anyone thought we were going to get him is beyond me. You're a Jets fan. You really didn't see them pulling the rug?

nycarl, stinkyB, Brook! and 9 others like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just like everything in life when you get knocked down, I get back up and try my best to move on.

To be honest I haven't thought much about the other QB's and other players yet. Want this disastrous season to end with a shit ton of firings happening and let's see how CFP and combine goes.

Doomsday scenario, TLaw could get injured too. Would that change JAX position then?

grkmanga31, Brook!, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’ve been pulling out one toenail per day from my cat.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The devil isnt done fucking us over from that deal Namath made with him

WarriorRB28 and REVISion like this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I had a creeping feeling we'd find a way to screw it up but with 3 games to go I was feeling pretty optimistic. It seemed like this would be the year we'd finally bottom out and tank correctly.

Leave it to the Jets to not only botch the tank but to do so with 3 games left so that the entire gut-wrenching season was for nothing. I swear this franchise is some sort of psyop to see how much abuse fans can take before completely checking out.

Regarding TL - I'm still bummed. It sucks. There's no way around it. I know everyone wants to be positive but there are no silver linings. Missing out on him affects our QB situation, coaching search, everything. It's incredibly rare to bottom out in the same year a generational prospect hits the market and we managed to mess it up with 3 games to go. I still can't really believe it. It's not an exaggeration to say it will probably be multiple decades before we're in such a perfect spot for a rebuild again, if ever.

Brook!, K'OB, JetsNation06 and 3 others like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Gillian got off the island once.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We also beat the Rams in LA...the NFL best ranked defense.

How? Jared Goff is ass

Then we beat Cleveland without 6 of its key players from covid last minute.

Any given week in the NFL

Impressive feat to go 0-16

10. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Those of us who believe Zach Wilson is the better QB don't have to "cope" with not getting TL....we are just tickled pink that we will be drafting Zach Wilson at Number 2!!! haha! :);)

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Along the same lines....I couldn't get excited about Trevor with even one game left to play. I never felt like we're the worse team in the league and it was just a matter of time (or games) before the Trevor balloon got popped.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First I never assumed we would 0-16, and did not buy into the "tank" meme. I was pretty sure we wouldn't get the #1 pick. Second, I'm not convinced that Lawrence is really the slam dunk most people claim. I'm not sure that Wilson (or maybe Fields) or one of the other QBs this year won't be better. Yes, Lawrence probably is the best prospect, and the safest pick because of all the hype, but that doesn't mean he actually is the best. It's just that if he didn't live up to his billing, no one would crucify the GM who took him.

Yeah, move on.

boozer32, Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson and alcohol helped me survive

14. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I, like some of you, felt we would find a way to screw it up. I was hopeful after that putrid Seattle game.

Truth be told, I thought we would screw it up week 17 against the Pats.....having what will probably be a 2 game lead feels better.

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Terrible. This is worse than the mud bowl, 98 Championship and pretty much any Jet season because of the lasting implications. Rex Ryan who I never thought would be insightful said this will hurt the Jets for the next 15 years. But, I guess what most pisses me off is what we have been subjected to as Jets fans. We had to put up with 2 Fing years of Adam Gase. We had to watch Gase ruin Darnold and destroy this team and fan base. Then we had to watch this team go 0-13. Just for Fing once we deserve something to for all our suffering and it finally appeared we might get rewarded. Then came the Rams and Browns. It is quite disappointing. We lose out on Marino, We lose out on Favre when the Rams back out of the trade we had negotiated, we lose out on Manning when Parcells F ups, we lose out on Brady when Belichick resigns, we lose out on Russel Wilson because we needed Hill, we lose out on Mahomes and now we lose out on Trevor Lawrence.

Just once can't we have nice things like every other franchise? So yes, I am still pissed and still upset and I think 20 years from now if I am alive I will still be pissed. This is the life we made for ourselves when we became Jets fans.

That being said I am still optimistic about Douglas but man I am pissed about TL.

#15 Noam, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I just dont see any reasonable way we can overcome this going foward...Whoever we get at QB wont be enough.But heres a positive note....Name one Star Pro Bowl Level Franchise QB the Jaguars have had since they became a team..For some reason i feel like he wont succeed there.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're all trying to talk ourselves into Wilson/Fields but in my heart of hearts I see this ending the same way the Darnold era will. Sadness, lots of fighting among fans regarding whether or not we should keep whichever rookie we took, what we did wrong with them, yada yada yada.

Noam and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Never was bothered by it, Joe D is out TL, he’s going to build a hell of a team men and women.

Sit back and enjoy the the ride to the SB, it’s going to happen under JD.

Pin this comment mods, you heard it here first.

19. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Hello darkness my old friend

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’m sure I feel better about it than Trevor does. At this stage Jacksonville are a worse run franchise than the Jets.

Brook!, Noam and matt robinson 17 like this.