Gase in 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 27, 2020.

?

Will Gase be the HC next year?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    79.8%
  1. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Aren't you the guy who was still on the Gase train in the beginning of the year? Also didn't you defend Mac until the bitter end? And we're clueless?

2. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen, he’s gone.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you had a choice of "I don't know" I would've picked that because frankly, with the Clueless Brothers who EXTENDED Macc and Bowles after 3 years of failure, anything is possible. But since you didn't give me that option I have to go with "Yes" he'll still be the coach next year because - see example above.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course I was on the Gase train at the beginning of the year. A lot of people were. We had an amazing run at the end of last season and I thought Darnold would make a large leap from last year to this year. I also did not think Mims would be out for almost the entire year and that a guy like Mosley would opt out completely. I was also very hopeful for Bell running better behind an improved offensive line.

As for Mac, yeah a lot were hopeful that he would be good managing the cap and drafting. In fact, I distinctly remember a thread about how the Jets were likely set up for huge success back in 2017. There were a lot of current posters also praising his moves and liking what he was doing.

Was I wrong on both accounts? Yeah obviously. That doesn't take away from it being completely fuckin foolish thinking Gase will be here after 2020.

azhar80 and Footballgod214 like this.
  5. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The fact that we even have to worry about Gase coming back is an indictment on ownership. I mean this is a team who fired their GM after he made the team draft selections. So do I think if the Jets win their last game making Gase 3/3 of his last games would they bring him back? I mean I think that both the Johnson’s know they would face a substantial amount of anger and they won’t want that smoke. However, I don’t think him being gone isn’t a foregone conclusion.

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“Step aside, Butch . . . “

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't think JD and the Johnson's have made up their minds yet and that's damning enough.
    I honestly think they WANT to bring him back but will only do if they can spin it the right way to the fans/media.

8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

If you are keeping Sam, it does make sense to keep Gase. Making Sam learn a new system in a one yr show me time frame, does not make sense. Gase has really won 3 of the last 4 games with a crap roster. Counting the Raiders as a win. All three wins against winning teams. If we beat New England next week and Adam sells ownership on the combo of him and Frank Bush. Yeah I could see him back.Gase always coaches good against Belly. One of the reasons the Johnsons hired him.Gase also benefits because there are going to be soo many head coaching openings. I hate him as a coach and a person but I think it might be 50/50 Gase is back

WarriorRB28 and Footballgod214 like this.
  9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Walt Michael's had a falling out with ownership. He is the best HC the Jets have had next to Weeb. Unless you want to put Parcells in there but Bill was only here for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I have to agree completely. I dont know would be my choice. If this were any of 31 other teams, it would be a clear no. With this team it could just as easily go either way!
    Maybe Dan Marino will call and vouch for him swaying the Johnson boys decision .....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Boomer Esiason said it best. You can't trot that coach and QB back out there next year and sell it to the sponsors and PSL buyers. QB has a stronger chance.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Is this serious? We hardly beat a Browns team that was missing 6 starters on a days notice at home. Last week we got lucky against probably the worst starting QB in the league. We got stomped in just about every other game.

Adam Gase is the worst coach in the league and I don't think there's a close 2nd.

IDFjet, Cman68 and grkmanga31 like this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If the Johnson's want to commit financial suicide then yes they'll bring Gase back. Viewership and interest in the Jets is down.

I personally will not watch a jets game next year if Gase is back and the Johnson's would be so hated that they allowed Gase the opportunity to ruin another QB.

I believe Gase will be immediately fired after week 17 but what matters most is, will Joe be given the power to conduct his own HC search?

If not then they might as well keep Gase because we can all see what happens when the Johnson's do their own coaching searches.

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  14. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Why in the fuck is this even a question? Gase should be gone period the end.

Cman68, UK_Chilts and hobgoblin like this.
  15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Ok big boy. It’s a question because it’s a realistic chance with our inept owners if we feel off 3 straight.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Team pays hard. Hasn't lost the locker room. That's how I judge coaches.

17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

That's great for the movies but if you're looking to win games you should judge them on how good they are at coaching a football team.

18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets lack talent but they play hard. When they get better players I hope they play the same way.

westiedog1, Pepsiguy5 and WarriorRB28 like this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Coaching 101:

- Get players attention
    - Get players to play hard, no matter what
    - Call TOs
    - Throw challenge flags
    - Push coordinators to do better
    - Drink coffee.

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

These guys are hungry and they have good camaraderie. No backbiting, no finger pointing, no anonymous quotes in the press even when it looked like 0-16 was likely.

Even the old pros like Gore and Flacco who've been in the league a long time and accomplished a lot came here and gave the Jets everything they had.

They're 2-13 but I like this Jets team's guts, intangibles and mental makeup more than some better Jets teams in our recent past. They're easy to root for.

Now is that more Douglas having a good eye for character in players or coach Gase? Or is it both Douglas & Gase working together?

Chemistry is such a fragile thing if coach Gase is let go as expected will the new coach be able to bring out the best in them and keep the locker room together in tough times as coach Gase has so masterfully done in 2020?

When adding players all it takes is one or two bad apples to ruin the locker room.

I hope they can build on 2020.

westiedog1, LAJet and hornblower like this.