Gase in 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 27, 2020.

?

Will Gase be the HC next year?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    79.8%
  1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I want honest votes, not what you want. If we beat NE, do you think JD and Johnson give Gase another shot? I personally don’t think they would. I think they’re just playing it conservative this year and not firing the HC mid season for whatever reason. Really don’t think he will be back under any circumstance.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Gase had any honor, he would resign at the end of the year and let the team move on. And if the Johnson Bros. weren't so f'n stupid as to have hired this POS coach in the first place, this thread wouldn't be necessary.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

No i dont think he will....And if he is im no longer a fan of the team.

Burnz, Cman68 and AJW like this.
  4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

No, based on his win/loss record and Sam Darnold's lack of development. Plus, he's a stupid fuck.

JetsFan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Hell no, but then again the Johnson's are idiots so anything is possible with them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I think he’s back, I don’t want him or his QB back, but this is the Jets!

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Our ownership is so stupid that, after beating back-to-back playoff contenders, they'll see this as progress and retain him.

Already bracing for the announcement. Probably coming any day now.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons are stupid - but not THAT stupid. They have shown fear of fan revolts in the past in these circumstances. They aren’t bringing Gase back ....

twown likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There have been rumors about the team being interested in certain HC candidates. And some insiders have implied that he won't be back. This makes me believe that ownership just wants to wait until the season ends to fire Gase.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm voting no, but if he is back..for real, I will be done with this team

FlaJet, Burnz, hobgoblin and 4 others like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It's a conversation that will probably happen now. But not one I want to hear from the Johnsons and Douglas. This is not nearly enough to retain Gase. It's like they're schizophrenic. They went the tank route for Lawrence and lucked up and won one game not they think they have a chance for the playoffs and Darnold is the franchise guy for the next 15 years. The Jets need to clean house and Gase should be fired tomorrow before he does any more damage.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

He admitted he didn’t do right by Sam. Which was what he was hired to do. That alone is reason enough for him to be gone.

fansince90, UK_Chilts and dawinner127 like this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Peter King does a regular segment at HT in the UK broadcast. He's just said there's no way the Jets are keeping Adam Gase.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't think they will.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly think this is a dumb question. Yeah, yeah, the Jets are the Jets and ownership sucks.

But if you honestly believe Gase will be back, you are clueless.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The bigger question is if Sam Darnold will be back.

JoeD has a big decision here to make, not his QB however they have treated Sam with a ton of love within the organization.

JoeD is a former OT, so there is that but he could easily vibe with Zach or Fields.

Sam has been brutal to watch in some games, but he does show flashes and he is very young

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

18. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I joke about it; but there is no way. They already have a short list.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He's gotta be gone, BUT if Joe Douglas (who's watched every practice/game up close) thinks Gase should be back, then I'm OK with it. I don't think Gase is the long term answer and would be fine if he's let go. BUT I also don't mind if he's back for yr 3 IF IF IF JD keeps Sam Darnold. Gase/Sam yr 3 would be better than a new HC with a rookie QB under center (if a rookie QB even knows what 'under center' means). But if JD goes with a new QB, then I think it would be better for Gase to be released (Jets "going in a different direction, but would like to thank coach Gase for all his contributions" bullshit). I just have ZERO faith in a new HC coming in and making ANY difference (2021) at ALL. Cry all you want, but the absence of true talent will NEVER be glossed over by a HC for more than a game or two here and there (see Gase end of 2019, see Gase end of 2020 seasons).

Here's some Jets' HC history for you young bucks:

Walt Michaels wasn't getting it done so we fired him for Joe Walton (I really liked Joe). But then Willie Joe Walton wasn't getting it done so we fired him for Bruce Coslet. Bruce Coslet wasn't getting it done so we fired him for Pete "Life is always good" Carroll. Pete wasn't getting it done so we canned his ass after one season for Rich Fucking Kotite. RICH FUCKING KOTITE. Richie wasn't getting it done so we fired Slick Rich for BILL PARCELLS. Bill was finally making progress (as long as he didn't have to buy the groceries or play rookies), but he resigned and turned the keys to the kingdom over to Bill 'The Hoodie' Belichick. Wild Bill mumbled his way off the team after one day and was replaced by his side kick Al 'Bills Side Kick' Groh. Big Al resigned after one season for greener pastures in the college ranks and was replaced by Herm "We play to win the game" Edwards. But Herm "We play to win the game" Edwards was canned for Belichik tree branch Eric "Don't spy on me" Man-genius. After coaching the team to playoff caliber, Eric was canned for Rex "I didn't come here to kiss Bill's rings" Ryan. But then Ryan was canned for Todd "I've never smiled in my life and even my wife thinks I'm boring as fuck" Bowels. Hot Toddy weren't getting it done either so in comes the QB whisperer.

And here we are today. Look, Gase isn't a great HC and won't be here too many years even if he's brought back for 2021.

2021 is CLEARLY a continuation of our 2-3 year rebuild. No one knows Sam (and his limitations) better than Adam Gase, and no QB knows Gase's game plans and schemes better than Sam Darnold.

So, IF IF IF Joe Douglas scans the college QB ranks and decides there's no Patrick Mahomes sitting there and he decides to keep Sam (even if he doesn't re-up Sam's 5th year) then he should probably keep Gase. Play out 2021 with new adds and try again in the next draft. Plus, none of us know what JD's plans are for Mr James Morgan.

Pepsiguy5 and Bellys Lies like this.
  20. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Gase has to go for this team to succeed. Two 12 men on the field penalties today, a bone head draw call on third down to end the 2nd Quarter- when they could of took a shot into the end zone(Made no difference with the field position the Browns got after the 14 yard punt) He is just not a good coach- and look at how Darnold has developed. Should be a no brainer- but the Johnson's have me worried

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.