We are the laughtinstock of entire NFL fan bases

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 20, 2020.

1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

We all know how this ends. Jax will upset the Bears next week! Then Jets will beat the Pats week 17.

2. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The guy has done nothing in his tenure as GM to say he is a strong GM, comes out and says Sam is the future of our franchise Drafts Becton and Mims but the rest of our draft is very questionable. Most of us could have done the same, free agents most of us could have done better. We are giving our future to a guy who 70 per of our fan base could match or out draft in our past draft

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He’s been better than the last two GMs combined and I think we should give him at least another full off season before judging him.

As I said in another post earlier covid really put the Jets behind the eight ball this season. They of all teams needed a full off season/training camp. They needed preseason games to get the OL game experience as a unit and the lack of prep hurt Darnold .....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're right that it isn't that difficult to take an NFL coaching job. But given this franchise, what do you really think the odds are they get it right? Lawrence was a ticket out of this hell, and the Jets organization decided to burn it.

Noam likes this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Everyone taking shots

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point, but in a way, they can do that. Adams forced his way out, and he wasn't the first player to force a trade to another team.

7. NCJetsfan

I was thinking the same thing earlier. That would be the real nut punch that would be typical of the Jets.

8. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

While he did force his way out, he did not resign and sign a new contract with a new team.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

With respect, this is the most pompous bunch of nonsensical BS about our GM I have read to date. 70 percent of the fan base couldn’t pick their nose for Christ sake, LOL. Becton, Mims, Hall, Mann and other contributors on draft one.

10. NCJetsfan

But the effect is the same. He's on a new team and no longer here. He will be signing a new contract with another team. That's a player. I think GMs have different rules.

11. NCJetsfan

The guy you quoted is either a troll or the most ignorant football fan I've ever had the displeasure of coming across.

Snoopdogg and LAJet like this.
  12. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Sorry, but there is no way a GM could resign for 1 team and immediately sign a contract for the new team.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

it doesn’t work that way especially for management. It would have to be a promotion - not sure how much higher one could go then a GM - and the compensation would be crazy.

JD is gonna be here a while....not only does he have to finish the rebuild I’m sure he’d like to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Jets put themselves into the position to be the butt of all jokes win lose or draw unfortunately. There was nothing we could do in these final games to change that.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Impossible. If Gore gets the first play of the season it means Gase is the head coach. That means the Jets won't win more than four games.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I respect the hell out of Frank Gore. He's one of the greatest to ever play, he's been remarkably durable over his career, and he's taken to this season in the absolute right way, trying to help his teammates in the running back room become better players and he's helped lead the team through this absolutely miserable season.

With that said, I'll be physically sick if he's the starting running back next season. Let him go to a contender as a backup and he can pad his hall of fame stats there. We need to get younger and more competitive at the position. Now, if he were interested in returning as the RB coach, then I'm all for that.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is a joke for everything. Lose: You are (0-14) Can't win a single game! Worse than Kotite! Ha ha! So terrible! Win: You just lost Lawrence! Ha ha!

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets had gone 0-16, there would have been jokes, but the they'd have had the last laugh.

19. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

And in the final twist, old friend Nick Folk will miss a game winning 35 yard FG as time expires...:(:mad:

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Best scenario.... JAGS win that game. JETS have Gore take a knee on the 1" line before crossing for a potential game winning TD as the clock is about to hit 0:00

PLEASE SANTA.... I'VE BEEN GOOD THIS YEAR!

sozopol and matt robinson 17 like this.