We are the laughtinstock of entire NFL fan bases

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 20, 2020.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes I think he should be fired, and I also think you're out of line to attack me personally because of my opinion on a football-related matter.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Douglas will turn into an idiot. If anything, he'll get fed up with the Johnson's stupidity and quit. If so,he'd have multiple teams competing for his services and he'd be hired in a NY minute.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I don't think he will either, but I also don't think he'll have full control over anything either.

But still, he's the only qualified person in the building.

4. NCJetsfan

He didn't agree to share power with Gase for 6 years! Your comment about his putting together a 1-13 roster is so stupid, I'm not even going to justify it with an answer. You're the one who has no clue what your fucking talking about.

5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Note
    We as fans are trying/hoping to win the game... next season and beyond... the only game left to play this season was the #1 draft game... and it looks like we just lost that.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the NFL. Very few coaches have their choice of where to go. That's reserved for guys like Cowher, Gruden, Harbaugh, etc. That's not the norm.

Look at Stefanski in Cleveland. Do you think that was a very attractive job? Do you think he had five other offers?

Same with the Rams job back when they hired McVay.

Yeah the owners suck. But again, it's not some insurmountable situation where we have owners that won't spend like small market MLB teams or small market NBA teams that can't retain big name players.

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I have to believe that when Douglas held out for a longer contract, more money, and more money for scouting, that he got some power. The Johnsons know that he is the most qualified person they've ever hired. I believe that the major voice in the hire of the new HC will be Douglas'. If not, I expect that he will resign. He's not going to have his career and his reputation ruined by those dolts. He's going to have power and control or he will walk.

mrjet80 likes this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That picture of him up in the suite in Miami earlier this year with his head in his hands sums it up.......he’s not happy or satisfied with this year’s performance.

He is going to have a huge say in the new coach ......

MoWilkBeast and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

That Cleveland job was more attractive than this one is, they were a playoff-caliber team who just needed a competent coach. And while the Rams didn't have that much going for them, they weren't a bottom 5 franchise like we are. Again, we could still luck into turning it around. But the odds are stacked against us, whereas Trevor Lawrence would turn that around.

10. fansince90

People who hated the Bulls wear/wore Jordan gear not only for the designs but for what Jordan symbolized. It is for that very same reason I stand firm on giving the Jets one more season and then I’m out if they show no improvement. This franchise has become a symbol of inability, ineptitude, and indifference and I don’t want to be a part of that.

jetstopgun likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Dude you're too smart to be talking like this. You've made too many excellent, insightful posts to be saying crazy stuff like this. There is only so much any GM can do in one offseason. You should know that. You should also understand that this year was very uncertain due to Covid. There were no guarantees that the season would have even been completed. It would have been totally stupid to go out and spend a ton of money on FAs this past offseason. Not only does that go against his philosophy of building a team, but it would have been like putting lipstick on a pig, and word was that the Johnsons had limited him in how much he could spend. He can't manufacture cheap, young FAs to sign. He had no control over Mosley opting out, of Bell being done, of Covid, of Gase's lousy coaching, or of Adams forcing his way out. With Mosley and Adams playing, it wouldn't have been a 1-13 season to date. If the WRs hadn't all gotten injured in TC, it wouldn't have been a 1-13 season to date. With Adams, Moslely and healthy WRs, and a better coaching job (making adjustments and not running Gore up the gut all the time), I think this team could have won 5-6 games which with their more difficult schedule this year, would have been on par with last season's 7-9 with a much easier schedule.

The blame should go on Gase and his CS and the Johnsons, NOT Douglas. Anyone with any knowledge of football and what transpired this past offseason should know that.

Br4d likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

He signed a 6 year contract in which he and Gase were to share power.

13. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

Trust the process Gase & Douglas!!!

14. fansince90

Why are so many people asking this? No super bowl and can’t beat Ohio state. I don’t get it.

15. HomeoftheJets

@Brook! Can we get one good thing today and permaban this Dolphins troll?

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

But Gase's contract wasn't for 7 years, and even if it has been, Douglas knows that HCs can and do get fired all the time and never finish their contracts. He wanted a GM job. Hopefully, you can't blame him for that! Why he wanted to be GM of the Jets, I'll never know, unless he just relished a major challenge. I'm just thankful he's here and our GM. I'm truly sorry that you don't think that way.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I truly think the lack of TC and no preseason games really hurt the Jets - they were one of those teams that needed to gel especially with the new OL.....they wouldn’t be in the conversation for the #1 pick if not for the covid situation.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If this is the case then we've got a fish with the head rotting out type of problem.

Adam Gase may or may not be a great HC (*heads explode all around me*) but he certainly is not a good one. Everywhere he has gone the story has become about him and not in a good way. Everywhere he has gone his teams have lost big when they lost.

If you gave him a perfect team I have no doubt he could do perfect things with them but that is not the reality here. The reality here is that he has been a bad HC and he has set the franchise back over the two years he has been here. The reality here is that none of the media types and very few of the fans have any faith at all in him. That's a bad look for any franchise leader and it is really bad on a snakebit team like the Jets.

My advice to ownership if they are thinking about keeping Gase is that they should put his face on the season ticket flyers they put out and mention him prominently as an asset moving forward. If for any reason they don't want to do that, well firing him is the way to go.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

By taking the job, Douglas agreed that if the Johnsons so desired, he would have to share power with Gase for 6 years. He didn't have to do that, and if he was as good a GM candidate as people were cracking him up to be, I have no idea why he did it.

20. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

Please do creating a new account is so hard. Plenty of pictures / screen names to choose from with the Jests awful history.