All I need to know about who to draft in 2021 was summed up today.

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsFan, Dec 19, 2020.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Would rather trade back than take fields. Dude sucks. He is the next OSU usc qb etc that purely benefits from superior all around talent.

remember, he couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm at UGA lol

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Mahomes is a freak of nature. That's what I saw when he played in college - he's just very comfortable with his body and ability, and has an innate understanding of the game, enabling him to do whatever he needs to to succeed. I could be wrong, but I attribute a lot of this to his growing up as a son with a dad who was a professional athlete (MLB pitcher), and I don't know what, if any, role genetics plays, and how much "nurture" plays, but I think he was destined to be a great athlete regardless of the sport he picked. I think this was a completely under-rated, if not entirely ignored, aspect of the scouting reports on him.

Anyway, I think he was able to quickly learn how to take snaps under center that first season while he was sitting on the bench.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was considered a top flight Offensive minded HC, he was criticized because he passed the ball too much and never focused on the run game. He had Mcnab who was incredibly underrated and led the team to a SB.

I believe he went to 4 straight NFC championship games, so yes he was considered a great offensive minded HC just never could get to more SB, that’s what he was criticized for.

Reid has always put good QBs in a position to succeed.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The guy made McNabb look pretty damn good and got to conference championships with Freddie "oven mitts' Mitchell and Todd Stinkston as their top wideouts

JetsKickAss likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

You missed it.

As well as he played last night I left slightly disappointed because I heard the comparisons to Peyton Manning instead I saw what looked like a clone of Josh Allen.

In the AFC East in 2021 with his frame and his style of play and with the way Josh Allen's career is taking off in Buffalo that's who he'll be compared to most.

He'll be looked at as Josh Allen lite.

I don't know man. It's still not too late for Darnold he could still turn out to be the best QB out of the golden QB class of 2018. He's still only 23, 24 in 2021.

Lawrence was impressive last night but that's who he reminded me of. I went in expecting to see another Peyton Manning.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sometimes, a new start is just what a person needs in life to reach their potential. I think Sam will benefit greatly from a change in scenery from the NY fishbowl. New HC, new system, new start for the kid. You could say the same thing about this version of the Jets too. I have a feeling this team isn't near as bad as their record indicates but handicapped by poor coaching, ineffective systems on both sides of the ball and lastly, a piss poor outlook as a result of too much losing under Gase. These players are human and losing consistently for such a long period of time has to take a toll on even the most professional of the bunch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be much of a question who we're going to take if we end up with the first pick, however, we get to see them head to head in what should be a fun game in the CFP.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is just not true. Fields doesn't have the stats he has simply because of his OL or RBs. He actually has to make plays too, as he had over and over again for OSU.

You could make the same exact argument for Lawrence. You don't think he plays for a power house program, with a fantastic OL and RB?

You can't just throw out another failed OSU QB and make It stick because you attached that name to him. It doesn't work. They aren't anywhere near the same type of QB either. That's just an extremely lazy attempt at trying to argue a point.

It may sound good to those that don't actually watch OSU football, but, when you actually watch the games. You know this is the best QB prospect for OSU, probably ever.

Haskins was NEVER in that conversation.

He's much better than your one or two game highlight talk indicates.

He could flop but It's foolish to discredit the kid on two so-so games.

Most of the good QBs in the league have had some shitty games In college too.

People forget these kids are still young and inexperienced.

Until he flops In the NFL, no way would I assume he will.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

They had 20+ players out of that game.

Olave hurt, but, It was rough all around.

Sermon had a big day. It was a much different gameplan than I've seen, but, they got the job done.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

The people that are way down on Fields are the ones that have seen his two bad games and none of his fantastic fifteen games. And then turn around and try to make the case (based solely off highlight tapes on YouTube) that he only throws to wide open receivers.

It's also ignored that he is a big part of why the OSU running game has been so good the past two years. He's a threat running the ball and has 4.5 speed at 230 pounds.

Make no mistake. Lawrence is the undoubted top player. But people have a big of an overreaction to Fields being some fourth round prospect based on recency bias. And I know you of course know this.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

LOL. Ok homer. Like he doesn’t have a far superior OL to anyone else in the big ten. Sermon at RB and Olave and Wilson lol. Let’s be real. Dude is a hack and no better than Braxton Miller.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Olave didn't play, Sermon's never broke 1,000 yards rushing and his offensive tackles were absolutely awful yesterday. Did you watch the game at all? Or did you just check the box score?

He didn't play well but he was under siege all game long and Garrett Wilson was getting absolutely bullied by the Northwestern defensive backs.

13. IIMeanDeanII

Awesome contribution. Let me get It right though.

I'm a homer.
    OSU has the best OL In the big ten. (No shit, what does that have to do with anything I wrote?)
    Sermon, Olave, MASTER TEAGUE (who is better), and Wilson. (Ok, you know a few names on their roster. Neat.)
    He's a hack, and Isn't better than, Braxton Miller. (Based on what exactly?)

Damn. Thanks for all that wonderful input. Well thought out. /sarcasm

14. DuhesSeaOfMud

DuhesSeaOfMud Member

yeaaaaaah, about that number 1 pick

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.