TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Yeah Jags arent winning another--

NE looks terrible to. We need to sit starters

Brook! likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree with the bold. I think there is zero chance that Darnold will be our QB going forward, and that's as it should be. He is simply not good enough, and I don't think will ever be good enough here. If he has any chance to be good, I think he needs a complete change of scenery. He needs to go to a west coast team or a small market team where there is less pressure and where he can maybe sit for a year. Also, I don't believe for one minute that the Jets were hoping to see something that indicated Darnold was our franchise QB down the stretch. I think there's a much better chance that Douglas had made up his mind on Darnold before this season even began. I totally disagree that utopia was that Darnold solidified himself as our franchise QB. It would have been more efficient and easier for Douglas if he had, but Lawrence is 10x the QB Darnold will ever be, and I don't think there's any way that Sam could have even begun to have played well enough to keep Douglas from drafting Lawrence. Darnold is not part of any plan for the Jets' future. Have you watched the games at all? He's awful! He may flourish elsewhere, but I doubt it. If it is to happen, I believe he needs a new situation, not only with different/better coaching, but a team with a solid OL and very good skill position players around him. Most likely, I think he will need to sit for a year, fix his fundamentals and learn how to read Ds. That is the case with moar players who don't pan out with the team and CS that originally drafted them in professional sports. It's an emotional/psychological thing. In order to put the past behind them, they have to change teams. Even then many, if not most, of those players fail to ever develop.

If we don't get the #1 pick, then I think there's a VERY good chance that most of the better potential HC candidates would have little interest in coming to the Jets. Lawrence is the difference maker.

If the Jets miss out on Lawrence, I believe that Douglas will look to trade down to add additional picks. He may take a flier on a QB or opt to bring in a veteran and look to get a QB in 2022 or 2023.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think they are god awful but they have had some close calls on another win.

Titans 33 Jags 30
    Texans 27 Jags 25
    Packers 24 Jags 20
    Vikings 27 Jags 24

4. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

If he does that.... he won’t.... we would trade out or pick Sewell and hopefully get a harbaugh to somehow turn Sam around. It would be a real disappointment as we have to watch the Jags ball out with TL and an already dominant Robinson.

5. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

They aren’t close to the same team. Sadly, I’ve been watching them.

K'OB likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well they ain't fucking winning today 0-16

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Right on cue.... kickoff for the JAGS game I get a text "GO JETS!" ha

Hadnt heard from him in a couple of weeks..... apparently he was dealing with Covid :confused:

There's sure not much "Minshew Mania" going on here....

JetsKickAss likes this.
  8. FrontOfficeFanatic

Right now the biggest miracle we should be hoping for is the Pats still having a mathematical chance week 17....if they have a shot I think we lose.

If they aren't playing for anything I wouldn't put it past Bill to not coach his best game.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

There's no doubt Trevor is better than Sam. That's never the question. The question becomes are the Jets better with Trevor plus the rookie contract or are the Jets better off with Sam plus the 5 first round picks we get for trading out.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Jags getting blown out. My theory was waaaaaay off :confused:

JetsKickAss, K'OB and stinkyB like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, there is no question whatsoever. The Jets WOULD BE much better off with Lawrence and with his rookie contract, than they would ever be with Sam, the draft picks we'd get for trading down (no way we would get 5-1st round picks!!!), even if he wouldn't cost $25 million in 2022. With that $25 million contract cap hit, it's a no-brainer.

12. FrontOfficeFanatic

Unless management gets involved and we sit some guys, week 17 is looking bleaker and bleaker with these Pats injuries--

We're going to all need Captain Morgan if we don't start James Morgan....

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's showing how to hold the ball too long, make dumb decisions, errant throws and taking sacks ;)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I agree....lets hope JD agrees too! He's a new GM with some unknowns...so far he's been a 'build through the draft blah blah blah', just hope he doesn't out think himself and he gets too cute.

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

Hey, Gardner Darnold haha

stinkyB likes this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

hopefully with this injury investigation, the Jets don’t run out injured starters going forward to try to win 1.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We gotta find a way to justify James Morgan starting week 17. Jags aren’t gonna win a game so we have to pray we lose out. That worries me given the fact that the Pats will probably be out of it by week 17 and Belichick would love to fuck us over.

That would probably be the only way to justify the pick in general honestly.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Fixed.

19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We can put the idea of Morgan starting Week 17 out of our minds. It's only happening if Gase is fired and some behind-the-scenes negotiations are made between his interim replacement and the Jets front office to sit certain starters.

I've been pretty confident for a while that we're not getting Lawrence. That kind of good thing doesn't happen to us. Still hoping for it, though, but things are looking bleak at this point. All we can hope for is that Gase's incompetence is a more powerful force than we've come to realize this past couple of seasons.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's how I've been operating.

Then again, that's how I felt before the Jets "lucked into Darnold". So Trevor is probably possible.

And it's also possible for the Jets to draft him and he turns into a bum like the rest of them.