TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Winning is simply not an option at this point, thankfully we are not good at winning so we should be alright.

Brook!, stinkyB, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Schefter reporting Jaguars will be without a punter tomorrow lol--well they aren't hiding their tank job

Brook! likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Marrone is so ridiculously conservative on 4th downs that not having a punter could increase their chances of winning.

Brook! likes this.
  4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Schefter also reporting a pre-game Mario Kart race open to all players will determine the Jaguars starting QB.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Have we sacked Gase yet?

:D:D:D

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Jags got a chance to win today. No I’m not drunk lol. Usually teams that come off huge wins in prime time come back to earth the following week. It was a short week for them, they have a few receivers out and I can see them overlooking the Jags. Plus add in some Minshew Magic to DJ Chark and pound the rock with Robinson. Believe!!

Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  7. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

DJ CHARK DOODOODOODOODOODOO

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Jaguars really are a bad team and the life got sucked out of them with all the veterans that left earlier this year. Can't see them winning another game.

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I sincerely hope you’re right but idk if I see it today. Next week or Week 17 are our best hopes IMO.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Never know.. Minshew fighting for his life and career these last few games. He’s going to put in a show.

11. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I think if Baltimore wasn't fighting for it's playoff life there'd be a chance for a Jags win here and a let down by Balt, especially after the big win last week...Since Balt is playing for a playoff spot I think they'll unfortunately win this one...But I'll be rooting hard for a Jags win of course and who knows, that's why they play the games etc...

Bigger point, spoiler alert, is that it's so critical to get the #1 pick as Fields isn't close to TL. And worse, I believe Fields' potential isn't even as great as Darnold's potential. Leading to the point I've been making a bit previously, don't be too quick to write off Darnold as our QB. Down the stretch the Jets were hoping to see something that indicated Darnold was our franchise QB. True utopia for the Jets was that Darnold solidified himself as our franchise QB...Since that of course did not happen, utopia plan b has turned into the #1 pick and TL. Utopia plan c in my opinion, is not Fields and likely not drafting another/lesser QB prospect than TL...Utopia plan c is more likely trying to find the right leader, who can hire the right coaching staff to develop/rebuild Darnold. I suppose the new coach will have a big say in that decision, but think it's realistic enough that we should all at least be prepared for a Darnold return.

Leading to a catch 22...I would bet with the #1 pick/TL option, cap space, JD in place, low bar that's been set and a good number of draft picks there would be a lot of A-list coaches/coordinators in college and the NFL who'd be salivating over this job. If you eliminate the #1 pick/TL option from the mix, do any of those folks drop out of the mix? I don't have any idea, but it's worth thinking about...The infuriating part to me are all of the inferences that if the Jets get TL and trade Darnold he may flourish if he ends up in SF or Pitt etc...If that's the case, and I actually think it is the case, why in the hell can't we just hire the right people here to do that...Leading to my original point that this route may end up being the plan if we lose out on the #1 pick/TL...Needless to say, spoiler alter part 2, lot's riding on the last 3 weeks of the season. I often use the phrase with friends that the Jets never do anything that makes me want to like them (i.e. lose when I want them to win, win when I want them to lose)...would be nice to get it right just this once for the love of god!

12. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Jags playing without a punter today - ruled out with illness and didn’t have a backup or one on the practice squad. It is time to play Morgan - what’s fair is fair.

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. K'OB

Surely some numbnuts can kick a ball out of his hands for 50 yards as opposed to constantly going for it on 4th down

stinkyB likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

IF Douglas ends up with Sam, I think we can still be a very good team. But there's a couple of things working against Sam:

1- he's due to get paid. This is huge.

2- Sam isn't JD's guy. Probably not as big an issue as #1, but still. If Sam leads Jets to the promise land, McCagnan will always get 'some' of the praise. Most GMs want ALL the praise for themselves, so Douglas may be inclined to draft 'his' QB, especially with a total rebuild in the cards. We see that even today with the success Rex Ryan had years 1/2: "It was Mangini's team, Rex didn't do shit".

If JD ends up with the #1 overall, he'll have a huge decision to make: Go with Trevor, or trade out of #1 for a kings ransom and stay with Sam. Likely, JD goes with Trevor.

If JD ends up w/o the #1, ya, it gets real tricky. Especially after yesterday's Ohio State game where Justin Fields kinda sucked (compared to expectations anyway).

Something tells me Sam is playing his last 3 games as a Jet, but I like Sam and wish him luck wherever he plays next year.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I personally think the Jets job is THE MOST attractive if they have the #1 overall pick. One ranking of 9 potential or real openings had the Jets at #9 if they don't have the pick and #3 if they do. In other words, that pick makes you go from the least-attractive to one of the most attractive. I think it's more but that's just me.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The only chance this team has to be a very good team with Sam at the helm is to bring back the color coded wrist bands and to stack up a great Oline and defense like in 09 and 10. Sam is a Mark Sanchez clone with his turnovers and inability to read defenses. There is no huge decision to make if the Jets get #1. Trevor is a no brainer and a sure lock at that point. It definitely gets interesting at #2 though but with his major regression and that salary, I can’t see any chance of Sam being back in any fashion next year. Sams only shot imo is to absolutely light it up these next 3 weeks and post some ridiculous 8/9 TDs to 0 INT like numbers and hope to change some minds. Even then, it may not be enough...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

OMG!! . This was already posted here on TGG last week.

[​IMG][

18. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Jags are so bad... we just need to lose out.

KY Jets Fan and 94Abraham like this.
  19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I don’t see that Jags team beating Chicago or Indy even if they play their 2nd string. They are god awful

20. K'OB

If Sam does that scenario we are likely not picking at number 1 anyway.

Brook! likes this.